Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, FOX News. Now some lone nut in another city not even close to this one is going to go on another shooting rampage and kill cops because "dog lives matter".

I wish they could just...not report this stuff. Seriously. What does anyone get out of this story?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Thanks, FOX News. Now some lone nut in another city not even close to this one is going to go on another shooting rampage and kill cops because "dog lives matter".

I wish they could just...not report this stuff. Seriously. What does anyone get out of this story?
    I very highly doubt that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cop should be fired and the department should be sued.

If you can't handle a dog, then you shouldn't be a police officer. If I saw an officer pulling a gun on my dog ... I would be dead or in prison.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    HEY! #BlueLivesMatter, that dog was obviously a Thug engaged in super terrorism!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Was the dog black? Because black lives matter too, ya know?

Infracted
    You know the sad part?
    US cops routinely get into more trouble when they kill pets than when they kill people.

What I don't understand is why they weren't allowed to get the dog to a veterinarian? I understand that might be outside the financial ability of some people, but fuck, the officer was allowed to go back to his car and get a higher powered rifle to kill the dog?

That doesn't even make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Cop should be fired and the department should be sued.

If you can't handle a dog, then you shouldn't be a police officer. If I saw an officer pulling a gun on my dog ... I would be dead or in prison.
    I do believe you are allowed to use lethal force to defend your dog in a few states (as if it was a family member).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You know the sad part?
    US cops routinely get into more trouble when they kill pets than when they kill people.
    And they should. Pets can't hide and pull guns on you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You know the sad part?
    Why is that sad? Dogs are way better than most people.

I had an American Bulldog, she would bark at the postman and that's it.. She never had an aggressive bone in her body, I remember her charging the postman once like some angry demon, and then she arrived at him and immedietly started to lick him and play with him, it was a mistake for her to get out but he was never in any danger and until the day she died she did never get aggressive with someone, never bit anyone, soft as can be. Like even if these dogs can sometimes appear to be nasty because they are being loud it doesn't mean that is the case.

The officer should lose his job and pay a fine. US Police officers clearly don't get good enough training, every single day there is a new report of some US police officer killing something or someone with no justification, and it apparently only happens in the US.. Nowhere else in the world do you see this madness on a daily basis.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Put it like this, if a cop shot my dog they'd have to shoot me too. I would not stop at anything, ANYTHING.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

That cop deserves to get shot in the fucking face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Put it like this, if a cop shot my dog they'd have to shoot me too. I would not stop at anything, ANYTHING.
    I'd rip his fucking throat out with my bare hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Better to be a "fucking piece of a shit" than to own a dog that has the potential to turn on me in an instant and kill me. You're probably one of those guys who bought a rottweiler just to feel "badass". The same reason all the hoodlums buy pit-bulls.
    1. I bought my dog because I love how rottweilers look, they are also one of the smartest breeds of dogs and I had experience with them growing up.
    2. My dog will never turn on me because I have raised him properly, with love, care, affection, respect, and I have given him proper leadership
    3. My dog is loved by my neighborhood, we have coyotes around here and several small dog owners say they believe my dog would help protect their little one if a coyote ever came close. They believe he is a great dog

So nice try, my dog has proven to be a major benefit in my life and the lives around me. Maybe you can learn from my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Why is that sad? Dogs are way better than most people.
    Humans don't deserve dogs, when they are raised properly they show more GENUINE love and care than anything else on earth.

10+ Year Old Account

The fact that a significant portion of the US police force is trigger happy and pose as big of a threat (if not bigger) to the peace and safety of the average citizen as the criminals they "protect" the citizens from.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Who can claim with a straight face that there is nothing wrong with the US police force?

Keep at it and soon they'll be running the country.
    The problem is they are simultaneously indefensible and unnecessarily vilified. Their job is very difficult and many of them are actually in life threatening danger often, but at the same time there are too many fucking idiots who are given a gun and a badge and we don't hold them to account when they do absolutely retarded shit like this. Maybe don't fucking enter someones yard unannounced. It's like they have no concept of fucking courtesy. My dog would attack anyone who enters my yard because he will protect me to his dying breath, but if I let you near him he is the sweetest animal. Also, he looks like a damn wolf so I'm sure any cop could claim "he was threatened". Wouldn't stop me from slitting his throat while he slept though if he ever hurt him.

- - - Updated - - -

Because many of us care about our pets more than some fucking dickhead cop? Because if stories like this are never shared, then there is no reason whatsoever for these people to fear discipline? BLM has no credibility because the black men they are defending by a large are actually criminals, but don't think for a second that police are pure and virtuous and can do no wrong. They aren't much better than the scum they arrest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    And they should. Pets can't hide and pull guns on you.
    It's a shame more people don't realize this. Humans can think and act, they can explain themselves, or protect themselves from other humans. Pets are basically fish in a barrel. At the worst this dog was just protecting it's family but more likely this cop just freaked out and figured he could get away with it because he's a cop so what's anyone going to say. Let me see the bite marks on this asshole to prove he was actually being threatened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Better to be a "fucking piece of a shit" than to own a dog that has the potential to turn on me in an instant and kill me. You're probably one of those guys who bought a rottweiler just to feel "badass". The same reason all the hoodlums buy pit-bulls.
    You're probably one of those ignorant fucks who thinks dogs are vicious by nature without realizing that they are probably smarter and more capable of compassion than your sorry ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The fact that a significant portion of the US police force is trigger happy and pose as big of a threat (if not bigger) to the peace and safety of the average citizen as the criminals they "protect" the citizens from.
    One story is now suddenly "a significant portion of the US police force".

Thank you for proving my point.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    One story is now suddenly "a significant portion of the US police force".

Thank you for proving my point.
    If it was just one story, but it follows in the wake of how many other questionable police shootings? How many of those cops were defended by their fellow police no matter what? Do you see a pattern?

10+ Year Old Account

That cops need more than 16 weeks on training before they're given a gun and sent out to be judge, jury and executioner? It's seriously disgusting, it takes longer to get certified to sell houses than it does it be a cop.

Can we remove the word "cop" when referencing this guy? Its not like this was a Cops vs Person altercation that ended in a police shooting. This was an idiotic redneck shooting his family's dog. His profession literally has 0 to do with this story at all other than to incite outrage.
    Science the shit out of it!

Deleted
    Official Checklist for US News Discussions

- Did the incident involve guns? ✔

- Did the incident involve a police officer? ✔

- Did the police officer shoot an innocent? ✔

- Is the US going to do something about this? ✖