Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Most painful toy nerfs

Findle's Loot-a-Rang D: because it makes the game better to wish you were an engineer or huntard (if pets still have fetch, haven't checked yet)

Then we have Salyin Battle Banner which was nerfed to Pandaria only. Everyone reroll nelf or rogue.

The horn only works to level 93 or something (that may have been done earlier, not sure).

I'm sort of afraid to look for others, because it will just upset me.

Others? What have you noticed? Which of them bother you the most?

"Upset" as toy nerfs. I have no words.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "Upset" as toy nerfs. I have no words.
    I see 8 of them though?

Uhh, none of them bother me. They're toys for a reason, they do not change my gameplay in any way.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Uhh, none of them bother me. They're toys for a reason, they do not change my gameplay in any way.
    The Loot-a-Rang doesn't change your gameplay in any way? Really?

Some of these are replaced by newer Legion versions. Just a way to make sure people don't get 1 item and use it forever.

- - - Updated - - -

For you maybe, for others they do. The horn certainly does for questing or farming since you aggro everything in a 40 yard radius.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I honestly didn't even pay attention to some of these changes, what annoys me more is some of the ridiculously long cool downs on them. 10 minute use, 6 hour cool down, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The Loot-a-Rang doesn't change your gameplay in any way? Really?
    yes no one besides you and some other guy over in the corner cares about toys. i used the loot a rang like once and decided it wasnt worth the hassle to find 1 more keybind to use and wait for it to reach the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avianna's Feather only works in draenor now =(

I always question why Blizzard nerfs useful items that create a better environment by rewarding players for getting them, especially since that was their purpose in the first place. Never made sense to me why they'd nerf 'fun' or convenience that were earned.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    NO longer can I troll the Auction House with the Toy Train Set because no one choo choos anymore. For shame Blizzard!!!

Non-engineer loot-a-rang was not replaced. I suggest changing all your characters to engineers; it's very cheap to skill up using blackrock ore.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Avianna's Feather only works in draenor now =(
    Bizarrely, the X-52 helmet works everywhere (I think) but doesn't blast you nearly as high, and you would need a glider, and et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Non-engineer loot-a-rang was not replaced. I suggest changing all your characters to engineers; it's very cheap to skill up using blackrock ore.
    I'm aware of that, which you could have gleaned by reading my first post more carefully. I'll stick with my current professions thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    NO longer can I troll the Auction House with the Toy Train Set because no one choo choos anymore. For shame Blizzard!!!
    That's pretty lame. I kept a keybind for lil XT for a long time.
    Last edited by Normie; 2016-07-22 at 09:38 PM.

The loot a rang nerf sucks for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    yes no one besides you and some other guy over in the corner cares about toys. i used the loot a rang like once and decided it wasnt worth the hassle to find 1 more keybind to use and wait for it to reach the target.
    That's just your opinion man. Personally I used the Salyin Battle Banner constantly to drop combat out of sticky situations on my main & especially on squishy alts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    That's just your opinion man. Personally I used the Salyin Battle Banner constantly to drop combat out of sticky situations on my main & especially on squishy alts.
    It was also handy for running by stuff that you'd got tired of repeatedly killing.

Battle Banner for sure, abused that thing ever since it was released (used to work in raids, and was still OP even after that). Avianas feather had its uses in old continents too.

The loot-a-rang change is painful. I was already doing timewalking dungeons and couldn't use it in them either.

That definition has been untrue for a long time.
    The idea was to have no travel or combat aids, yet in that list by the OP two are what I would call combat aids.
    The horn and the banner.
    I would then consider other additions like Skull of the Mad Chief and Aviana's Feather to be transport aids.

The definition of it seems less to be defined now by the functionality, but by the time of release.
    Items deemed a combat or mobility aid are now it seems converted to toys at the end of their relevant expansion and are limited to that content only, or possibly earlier as well.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-22 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I totally get you. Every time I think complaints have reached a new low....another thread comes along to prove me wrong...
    You could always pass along instead of going into every "negative" thread to piss on everyone with an opinion that doesn't align with yours.

Some toys, as has been mentioned already, do affect gameplay.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt