Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old player coming back: how is enhancement doing in legion ?

So, i decided to come back to WoW because my friends wanted to play a MMORPG, i used my boost on a druid tank and got it to 110 pretty fast, unfortunately im not having much fun with it, the rotation is pretty basic and i'll probably raid in a core only in the next patch.

The thing is, i always played enhance shammy, it's my favorite spec in the game and one of the things that made me left was that i wasn't having fun with it in WoD, but doing some 5-man and pugs i noticed that enhance changed a lot.

So, the question is: is enhance fun to play right now ? Is it a viable spec for raiding ? or they are too far behind other classes ?

Thanks in advance!
    12/12

Roll a rogue or warrior.

enhancement can keep up with the dps requirements for the bosses on all difficulties, but they are not top dps really.

I just took a couple month break. Was playing monk and priest but now I'm onto shaman(hopefully last main change for legion). The majority of dps specs are just fine. Ele & enhancement are right about middle of the pack. Shaman changed a lot, I think it's fun to play. I can't stand druid, rogue, Hunter or warrior so I'm clearly biased.

I would argue yes, but haven't too much hands on yet. My 2 cents.

Enhancement from a raiding perspective lacks utility and survivability, however, in terms of dps it is relatively viable. Unlikely to top meters, but a comfortable middle of the pack spec. As far as fun goes, that's down to personal preference, really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they completely revamped Enhance, so It's not the same spec as u use to play before....it's pretty fun though. Not the best dps spec, not the worst either.

Enhance is very fun and balanced at the moment, it is towards the end of the xpac when this shitty spec shines, so beware next expac when we become shit again because Blizzard will prune more abilities and make us more like a watered down fury warrior. Maybe we will get ANOTHER resource because lol devs.

But to be honest, its pretty fun. Just don't expect to be top dps or viable in mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    But to be honest, its pretty fun. Just don't expect to be top dps or viable in world first races.
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    But to be honest, it's pretty fun. Just don't expect to be viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Fixed it for you.

If enhance wasn't mythic viable there would be 0 parses, but yet there are

enhance isn't mythic viable there are 0 parses, also I'm gay
    riperoni pizza
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2017-08-08 at 04:24 PM. Reason: lol

If you are cutting edge world first Method raider you "aren't viable"; for 99.9% of the population you'll be fine, but don't expect to be in the top 25% of the DPS meter for anything.

Update: enhance feels so shitty now, the rotation is retarded, im staying with druid, rip my favorite spec
    12/12

I don't think there's any DPS shaman with a mythic Kil'jaeden kill yet.

Deleted
    Well for Fallen Avatar there are 250 rogues logs and only 6 enhance logs. A week ago there wasnt a single enhance log.

For KJ, there isnt a single dps shaman log....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abitou View Post
    Update: enhance feels so shitty now, the rotation is retarded, im staying with druid, rip my favorite spec
    Thats legion for all classes.

it's doing better then it was previously in legion. our aoe is propped up by a tier bonus though which is scary come next tier. Our ST and 2-3 target cleave is near the top but our aoe again is garbage. Also we have one defensive which is meh and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abitou View Post
    So, i decided to come back to WoW because my friends wanted to play a MMORPG, i used my boost on a druid tank and got it to 110 pretty fast, unfortunately im not having much fun with it, the rotation is pretty basic and i'll probably raid in a core only in the next patch.

The thing is, i always played enhance shammy, it's my favorite spec in the game and one of the things that made me left was that i wasn't having fun with it in WoD, but doing some 5-man and pugs i noticed that enhance changed a lot.

So, the question is: is enhance fun to play right now ? Is it a viable spec for raiding ? or they are too far behind other classes ?

Thanks in advance!
    Imo is really fun, great visuals, good loking maces, good rotation, a bit depending on rng till you hit acertain levels of mastery, but its an overall 9.
    Just prepare yoru finger for big fights, they can get damaged

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    I don't think there's any DPS shaman with a mythic Kil'jaeden kill yet.
    theres 1 ele sham now i think

I've been having fun testing Enh builds since 7.3 landed, the new Relinquished vendor has the potential to give us some very nice trinkets that have otherwise been out of consideration.

Our AOE is still very weak and bolstered by legendaries, our tier bonuses, and on-use trinkets. If you're lucky enough to get some titanforged Glaives, I think you'll find that problem mostly solved if you're willing to take on the Versatility.

If you want a fun build with a decent skill cap and a lot of ST/Cleave damage, consider the Gloves and Soul of the Farseer with the Overcharge talent and Earthen Spike. Nothing quite as satisfying as 3m+ LB crits and big fat windows of endless Windstrikes.