Water cooling gtx 1080

Has anyone installed a full water cooling block to the gtx 1080? I currently have a custom loop, but thinking of switching to the ekwb predator system which expandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    I see reference water blocks on Ebay for $110. Don't think too many people have a GTX 1080 considering how rare they are to find, so you're going to have to pioneer this on your own.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Coolin...cAAOSwGXtXhmpB

Many have, although the gain is fairly small if any really. You might lower the temps a bit, but as the chip really ain't limited by thermals.. It's probably just money you could spend somewhere else.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/24...higher-oc-room

Watching this showed pretty decent gains? My concern is I just picked up my second 1080 founders for sli, and I'm corned about the amount of heat they generate at 4K gaming

This popped on Google

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...400-HY-5188-B1

In going to place my order and run h bench marks and will report back

10+ Year Old Account
    That only cools the GPU, and nothing for the memory or VRAM. The water block I linked will cool those in addition to the GPU, plus it'll work with your custom loop.

Yeah I saw that just thinking the easiest way to do this since i forgot to add a drain line to my loop. Haven't ordered anything yet, thinking of waiting when I install a new case. My corsair 540 is tight with the water cooling in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage View Post
    Yeah I saw that just thinking the easiest way to do this since i forgot to add a drain line to my loop. Haven't ordered anything yet, thinking of waiting when I install a new case. My corsair 540 is tight with the water cooling in it.

Why not just buy a waterblock and add it to your loop? Sure you'll have to drain it, but if you already have a custom loop why would you buy another loop for the gpu only?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I put a drain in my loop, cause it does get messy to drain it.

I did one for a client/friend over the weekend. It went as easily as any recent block in memory. (block in question).

My friend has installed a water block onto his 1080 in your exact case Advantage, he said it was simple to do and he is using EK stuff.