Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, I got excited about nothing. I'd have happily spent 30-40k gold per month for a month or two to play a "fixed" AV. First year I played the game all I did was PvP(well, outside of leveling). Shame that that side of the game has been destroyed as much as it has been over the last few years. Original AV... yeah, that would actually interest me enough to reactive, at least for a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I just can't wait until Demon Hunter's are playable to see an AV with 39 DH's on each side zipping, double-jumping and gliding all over the place while the one lone healer is running around exasperated trying to get within range of someone.
    desperatly trying to get out of range of someone. someone unfriendly.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

It can stay like this, they just have to buff rewards. We have enough short BGs. They could make a separate random BG button that would contain AV, Ashran, Winterspring and Tol Barad. Also IoC if they would fix it. With bigger rewards, more tokens, or even special tokens in the loot box at the end.

Maybe they could add in another HK achievement. How many years has it been since we got the 250k one? 5? Its Hks at this point are worthless. I've no idea why they won't add another one. Makes bgs like AV and IoC a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    We have enough battlegrounds that are over in 10 minutes. This AV is fun, engaging and offers tons of potential for strategy. Much better than the garbage that was 'ride past each other and kill a weak boss at the end'...

Seeing the Horde fight again in AV is good.
    So much this. AV is the one BG that should be an hour+. If anything, I'd love to see it go back to the vanilla, early BC days. But that's just me and I know I'm in the minority.

Deleted
    ok I just did one, and it was definitely the most fun i have had in a bg since I rejoined in wod
    But Thats probably because I really love SV hunter in PvP right now, harpooning to people and destroying them

Deleted
    Awesome indeed.

First game on my Alliance Priest. This is awesome.

We have enough battlegrounds that are over in 10 minutes. This AV is fun, engaging and offers tons of potential for strategy. Much better than the garbage that was 'ride past each other and kill a weak boss at the end'...

Seeing the Horde fight again in AV is good.
    I love AV and I also like the change and hope they keep it. They need to change the rewards though. You can't have a bg that lasts 30-1hr have the same reward as one that last 10 minutes, that just makes no sense.

Sounds like the OP got a good group, I did AV tonight and not much seems to have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    It can stay like this, they just have to buff rewards. We have enough short BGs. They could make a separate random BG button that would contain AV, Ashran, Winterspring and Tol Barad. Also IoC if they would fix it. With bigger rewards, more tokens, or even special tokens in the loot box at the end.
    I like this idea. They really should just morph Ashran,TB, WS into bgs. Why waste them?

Deleted
    Sounds awesome. Sadly my account is currently frozen. I always used to love Alterac. Especially the longer battles in vanilla when it lastest a whole day lol

People should definitively play more for fun instead of rewards. Reward yourself with fun and not with a worthless item made up by pixels

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think it's stupid. It's just not fun to me.

Do what you find fun.
    So why did you originally use the bad time / reward ratio as a reason not to do them? Say what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Love this idea. I would love to see that in-game. Also, maybe a hardcore option so that us veterans can enjoy the classic AV with no resources... those games went on for days!

7+ Year Old Account
    First game on my Alliance Priest. This is awesome.

The original design was just sooooo freaking good. One of the few destructive things that really irks me about the game I once loved.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Seriously? Didn't know they made any changes to AV... I'll have to check it out later.
    It's what happens in every expansion, the guards in AV have their levels adjusted to the new max level - before any players can get there themselves.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

10+ Year Old Account
    But how could the horde win AV or IoC? I thought the Horde were 100% destined to lose AV because of the bridge giving the Alliance an unbeatable buff or somesuch and always lost IoC because the glaives were naturally invincible and the alliance got to the docks a full half second before the horde.

You mean it was the horde's shitty strategy all along?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm very tempted to resub if we got old vanilla Alterac Valley back. I would just play that and to hell with the rest of the game.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Whoa, PvP is fun again?

Can't be... I must be dreaming...

(Last I did PvP in WoW, was Ashran beta, I think I accidentally stepped into it 3 times in live but never stayed really)

Impossible!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed all aspects of PvP much more with this expansion. I applaud Blizzard, I thought it was gonna be "meh" but I'm happily proven wrong.