Interest Check for RP Guild Concept

Hello folks! I'm planning on making not only a return to World of Warcraft but also on putting legitimate time into creating my own place of roleplaying. I hope there are some out there who can appreciate what I would like to do!

On to the concept!

(You are a traveler, like many throughout Azeroth, but on this night, black clouds roiling in the sky and lightning keening in the distance, you happen upon an old cottage with a baleful violet light flickering in the window. It's about to rain so you wish to seek shelter and knock on the door three times. The eerie light fades and suddenly the door opens. You stare into a darkened space and a chill slides up your spine. Against your better judgement, you enter the house as the first drips of the rain begin to fall.

'Hello?... is anyone home?' You ask into the darkness... and the darkness responds. The door slams shut behind you and a violet flame flickers to life but... it looks like it's meters away... The flame begins to grow, tendrils of shadow, blacker than the dark seem to writhe around you as you try to open the door. And then you hear it... a voice as old and fathomless as the darkness around you. "Welcome..."

You turn and in your horror, you are not alone. Defying logic, you stand on the edge of a vast rounded hall, as the flame grows brighter. The figures of hundreds... perhaps thousands, stand hooded and cloaked, staring at you without sound. Shadowy tendrils wrap around you and pull you in closer and you hear it again, louder and deeper. "Welcome..." And the assemblage whisper in their own tongues, welcoming you. You realize the voice is the flame and the flame is... staring at you... and all goes dark as your mind slips into the madness of it's stare.)

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm looking to embrace the Old Gods, particularly one who has hidden itself well from the likes of C'thun, Yogg-Saron and N'zoth. It waits, in the shadowy Void, biding it's time when all foes and rivals are vanquished and this world is weakened. T'zaathyx, God of the Darkest Light, Lord of the Whispering Night, our patron and master, works it's will in secret upon Azeroth.

T'zaathyx's will is worked through it's devoted followers, deceiving others into works of vengeance upon its enemies carried out by its devotees. T'zaathyx desires only chaos and domination and empowers its followers to find unknowing conscripts who become its unknowing converts. None ever realize their part in their own downfall.

As part of the shadowy theme of this guild, specific class specs are very favored. I will be rolling a Shadow Priest main which is of course the most welcome spec. Discipline Priests, Subtlety and Assassination Rogues, Arms and Protection Warriors, Retribution and Protection Paladins, Elemental and Restoration Shamans, Affliction Warlocks, Unholy and Blood Death Knights, and PERHAPS Hunters with suitably shadowy pets.

Each player will be part of a branch within the guild that has a specific task assigned to it, which they are responsible for. Other branches can work together, like the tentacles which coil around the prey, but one branch must be chosen lead the event.

Rogues and possibly Hunters will be the assassins and scouts of the cult, gathering information and taking out important individuals. Paladins, Warriors and Death Knights will be the soldiers of the cult, leading us into battles and consulting in matters of war when the time comes. Priests, Shamans and Warlocks will be concerned with the faith of the cult and be directly influenced by T'zaathyx from our base of operations.

That takes me to our base of operations. None other than the Maw of Madness within the Twilight Highlands. This represents the depths of our shadowy lair. What's great about this region is it's remote, relatively unpopulated anymore (as far as I know), and interestingly enough, has places for all three branches to have meetings of their own. The Bastion of Twilight Raid was another consideration but I'm rather leery about using a raid as a place to sit and talk, since it would require clearing certain parts to be useful. That's up to the guild in time.

Events I'd like to organize start simple. Meet and greets, initiation ceremonies, the Communion where we listen to the maddening riddles, insane prophesies and other banter directly from our god. Of course leading to the fun part in deciphering these riddles and decoding these prophesies. Also, some more traditional guild activities such as auctions and contests, community events, story night, tavern RP, possibly some casual PVP events and I would very much like to even try getting a raiding group together to progress through normal and heroic raids.

The point is to make a community out of the concept but starting small is important. I just want to hear what interest people have for this idea.

I know Blizz has neglected the Old Gods but that's why RP'ing with that theme is kinda great grounds for our own RP. N'zoth does still have a possible future in the game and the Old Gods are the bane of order, the lords of bedlam and chaos.

Deleted
    Lore states there have only ever been 4 Old Gods on Azeroth, of which 1 is certainly dead. 2 I'm not sure whether are dead or not, probably dead though. And one who is very much alive and biding his time. Inventing your own will be considered lore-rape by any self-respecting RP community and will most likely leave you chastised. Remember to work within the confines that lore has given you.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    Lore states there have only ever been 4 Old Gods on Azeroth, of which 1 is certainly dead. 2 I'm not sure whether are dead or not, probably dead though. And one who is very much alive and biding his time. Inventing your own will be considered lore-rape by any self-respecting RP community and will most likely leave you chastised. Remember to work within the confines that lore has given you.
    But our god is not on Azeroth. (Taking from H.P. Lovecraft, ours is an "Outer God" so to speak.) Who's to say that from the endless Void, there aren't a thousand unnamed God-like beings? Maybe this one in particular has taken an interest in Azeroth, since there are possible followers who have defeated C'thun, Yogg-Saron and Y'shaarj's avatars?

Edit: And besides, how else would you RP as a group of followers to an Old God? Trying to RP as an enemy faction that's been presented or will be presented would not last because it is so enclosed. Twilight's Hammer, for all intents and purposes is destroyed, the other 3 terrestrial Old God avatars are gone and only N'zoth's remains, and he's definitely not going to hand out tabards for us to wear to roleplay with. I mean, I would love for Blizzard to let us join enemy factions but that's not realistic. This way it can happen without breaking things or making contradictions.
    Last edited by JacobusRex; 2016-07-24 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    Of course you can play as an enemy faction, be it Scourge, Demonic cult, cult of the damned, twilight's hammer or whatever else there is out there. It's the naming your own old god thing that can end up being problematic. And the Twilight's Hammer have enough membership spread far and wide to still be deemed an active group, even if it is a bit low on members these days. The current members are just more sneaky and have returned to a life of hiding in plain sight. Old Gods from what I've gathered are pretty much only placed on worlds with a titan soul (baby titan), and as Azeroth is the only known world with this quality... It's most likely the only world with old gods in the entire universe. Old Gods aren't naturally occuring in the Void either (from what I know, which is not all so there's potential I'm wrong). They're created by the void lords as small representations of them. Meaning it isn't entirely unlikely that the old gods left on Azeroth are literally the only old gods in the entirety of the Warcraft universe.

Creating an Old God is very questionable, but you can work around it and serve a faceless one. Other beings exist that can pull a group of followers and corrupt the people of Azeroth. An extremely powerful void creature like a faceless lord/general wouldn't be too far from your idea and could uphold the same idea without enraging the lore freaks.

Edit: You can also look to the creatures in the Hour of Twilight instance, I don't remember their names but they were massive creatures and powerful in themselves.