Before Hacking, The DNC Mocked A Report Questioning Its Cybersecurity

Ok so this comes from the same DNC email breach that exposed the "count on their ignorance" Carson thing and the plotting against Sanders but its not about those topics so I think its fair game and we can probably all get a laugh from it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/d...q9#.nhEZyXvzKQ

Just months before a trove of Democratic National Committee emails were hacked and published online, a DNC communications director mocked a BuzzFeed News report in May that questioned the effectiveness of its cybersecurity.

Wikileaks on Friday published more than 19,000 emails from seven senior DNC staffers sent between January 2015 and May 25 this year. Some of the emails show DNC staffers criticizing the presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Buried in the trove was one email from deputy communications director Eric Walker sent to what appeared to be a broad communications team mailing list on May 5. The email shared a BuzzFeed News report, published on the same day, in which cybersecurity experts questioned the online security of both the Democratic and Republican national committees.

“The dumbest thing I’ve ever read: Buzzfeed: These Experts Think The DNC And RNC Are Both Horrible At Cybersecurity,” Walker wrote in the subject line, referencing the title of the story.

Link to actual email.
    So the original article that the DNC communications director was mocking was one that was offering up a criticism of the fact that the DNC (and RNC) were passing out tens of thousands of USB thumb drives.

Now any security professional, IT professional, or anybody who grew up using a computer knows that the risk of transmitting malware from thumb drives is 100% valid and that's all the article was saying.

But the DNC communications director, and the people involved in the chain, took up a sanctimonious attitude saying that the risk of security threats being transmitted by thumb drives was "the dumbest thing I've ever read".

Annnndddd then they get hacked.

Kinda puts the arrogance on display with an ironic twist doesn't it?

We can all lulz @ this one.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    is there a thread about these leaks here? or just the one about bernie sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is there a thread about these leaks here? or just the one about bernie sanders?
    Only ones I saw were one about the "count on their ignorance" Carson interview and the plotting against Sanders.

Didn't see one about this topic so made one myself.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there's a reason that my school wouldn't allow me to put my USB drive into their computers without it being looked at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a reason that my school wouldn't allow me to put my USB drive into their computers without it being looked at first.
    /gasp

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever read"
    MAGA