Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The LCS Season 6 Thread

Thought with the new season starting might as well start a new thread. Lots of crazy changes happening in the offseason, seems like no teams are untouched. Who do you all think is going to win EU/NA LCS this split? (Spring)

My picks:

NA:
    1 TSM, they picked up some big offseaosn additions. Who I feel are big improvements over their old roster. Not a big TSM fan, but I fail to see how if they communicate well they don't win the split.
    2 Immortals, some cast offs of other teams, plus the duo of Huni/Reignover seems scary good. If they mesh well they will be a dominant team.
    3 NRG, lots of players from different area. Similar to Immortals, their success depends on their communication/meshing working out. If so they are another team to look out for.

I think Cloud 9 will be 4 but I could easily see them taking one of the top spots. C9 improved in areas they lacked last year, and performed well the end of last year.

EU:
    Just gonna list some teams that looked good from the 2 games so far. Since team like OG that would've likely been N1 on my list 2 days ago have faltered greatly. H2k, G2, UOL and Fnatic all looked either good or promising. This split is definitey going to be more interesting then last, dont see a 18-0 team being a possibilty. I think OG will bounce back, but it might take a few weeks which means it might end up too late.

NA: I'm hoping that IMT does really well, a lot of well known faces put onto one great team, just like how TSM is at the moment. After being a TSM fan for so long, I regret to say that I hope IMT does better than them.
    As for EU: I don't really follow it so I can't give my opinion on it.

So, my thoughts on the EULCS after this week

OG: They look soooo disorganized, their picks were horrendous and their play was awful. It seems that after the Xpeke world's buff faded, they get exposed for how they really are. They have cycled through coaches like TSM cycles through junglers. Maybe this 0-2 start will be the kick in the pants they need to actually get their act together and take this split seriously.

FNC: Their shocking defeat of OG on day 1 look less shocking after OG again got smashed on day 2. FNC look like they have some work to do, any Gamsu isn't the god people thought he would be after the game against OG. I still expect FNC to do well this split, but it will take more time for them to gel.

G2: More like G2-0 right? Not saying they are a bad team, but their schedule was on the easier side this week. They certainly have promise, at least more so than the other new challenger team in the EU LCS, Splyce (I'll get to them later). Kikis made the transition to a toplaner pretty easily and I doubt he will ever get to play Tahm Kench again. Trick looked like he could be one of the best junglers in EU this split and I am excited to see where he goes from here. Also have to mention perkz for a good start as well. I can see him really becoming a top mid in EU eventually.

Roccat: They got the upset win against Vitality on day 1, but their shotcalling really looked bad against G2 yesterday. We'll have to see if they can get wins in the future without a cheese pick like Taric.

Unicorns of Love: Definitely a great start for such a new roster, but just like with G2, their week 1 schedule was pretty easy. On one hand, Diamondprox looks like he is back in his season 2/3 form, but on the otherhand, they were barely able to squeak out the win against Giants. Seriously, Giants just gave up their base after the mid game for nothing. We'll have to see how they do against some of the stronger teams and if Fox can play anything besides Zed.

Giants: Speaking of Giants, Pepi is stuck in ELO hell right now. He was the only player on that team this week that played well and he really deserves better. I don't expect them to get much higher in the standings and just hope Pepi finds a new team for next split

H2k: One of the most hyped rosters in EU right now, they definitely showed the most promise. They're wins were fairly solid, and I expect them to sit near the top of the table for a while during the time all the other teams have to take to get their new rosters to synergize. Again it comes with a caveat though, they only beat Giants and what looks to be a slumping OG.

Vitality: Another of the hyped rosters, this EU "super team" got off to a roccy start against roccat. They really improved though and by day 2, they started showing much more synergy. They have a ton of potential if all the pieces fit together, and I look forward to watching them as the split progresses

Elements: I don't expect anything out of Elements, and they have yet to prove me wrong. Their week 1 showing wasn't exactly convincing, and their roster of EU scraps doesn't hold much promise. They only team I expect them to beat is Splyce.

Splyce: Straight up the worst team in EU right now. Their players aren't particularly mechanically skilled and their shotcalling is rather shoddy. Maybe it was just LAN jitters, and if they turn their season around, I for one will applaud them for it, but as the league looks right now, I expect them to be the inevitable #10 LCS team.

10+ Year Old Account
    In OG's defense, they have had extremely little practise. This was mentioned a few times throughout the EU / NA broadcasts.

I'm just happy UOL are doing well and that Diamond is looking good. H2k looks pretty darn good. I hope they can keep it up.

I enjoyed RNG's game despite TL's completely inability to make any moves. Maria did look nervous and her play was a bit shaky, but Freeze was beasting it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really pay too much attention to the EU LCS, but I'm a huge fan of NA.

After watching the first week of games, my opinions on most of the teams are still pretty much the same. I think that the standings for the spring split are going to look something like this:

1. Counter Logic Gaming

*2. Team SoloMid
    *3. Immortals
    *4. NRG Esports

5. Cloud 9
    6. Dignitas
    7. Team Liquid

8. Renegades
    9. Echo Fox
    10. Team Impulse

I think that CLG will end up taking first, because they have one of the strongest macro games right now. Since most of the teams are new, apart from some wildcard losses (like the DIG game) they will end up "out-strategizing" most of the other teams. I'm not quite sure where to place TSM, Immortals, and NRG. I think all of them will end up somewhere in the top 4. Immortals came out strong this week but their play seems very one-dimensional. I think that a lot of teams will end up figuring out how to shut them down, but I still think they'll do fairly well. TSM and NRG both have very strong, star-studded rosters and their pure skill will end carrying them through a lot of the games. Cloud 9, Dig, and TL all look decent. I feel like they are just weaker than the top 4 teams in mechanical skill, but they don't have cleanest macro play to back up their weaknesses (unlike CLG). The bottom three teams just look a lot less consistent than the other teams. They aren't bad, but I'm not sure how well they'll be able to perform every single game.

So 3 weeks in, here are my thoughts:

Immortals is clearly working together well. Undefeated seems unlikely as they don't seem as unstoppable as Fnatic did last year. But I see them putting together a really strong split. 2-3 losses at most.

NRG is also looking strong although they do some puzzling moves and this will cost them more often as the season wears on. Still putting them top 4, likely 2nd.

CLG has had the benefit of an easy schedule. Their two losses are very troubling and I dont think they beat IMT/NRG. I think beating TSM early is big and they end up 3rd with TSM behind them. Losing Pobelter in hindsight seems really dumb.

The rest of the field doesn't matter at the moment. None of them have shown any sort of consistency nor huge stars emerging. Ill pick C9 and Liquid to take 5 and 6th in that order.

Haven't watched as much EU, G2 and H2K have looked good though. How good Origen and Fnatic are is still questionable. Sometimes I think Fnatic is at top form again, others not so much. I think Origen moves into top four, likely taking 2nd or 3rd. H2K is my pick for first but honestly this whole region is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    So 3 weeks in, here are my thoughts:
    Here we go...
    Immortals is clearly working together well. Undefeated seems unlikely as they don't seem as unstoppable as Fnatic did last year. But I see them putting together a really strong split. 2-3 losses at most.
    While I agree with this assessment, they aren't infallible. They very nearly lost to TSM in week 2, so I could see them dropping a bit as the other teams get their act together.
    NRG is also looking strong although they do some puzzling moves and this will cost them more often as the season wears on. Still putting them top 4, likely 2nd.
    Eh, I am not a big fan of NRG. They have been looking shaky since their week 1 performance and beat TSM with cheese and TSM has always lost to cheese. They also got utterly crushed by NRG, so I do not believe they will keep a top spot. Maybe middle of the pack to lower-top.
    CLG has had the benefit of an easy schedule. Their two losses are very troubling and I dont think they beat IMT/NRG. I think beating TSM early is big and they end up 3rd with TSM behind them. Losing Pobelter in hindsight seems really dumb.
    CLG still have very strong macro play, and that has not changed since the summer split. I too predict them to be in the top 3/4. As for TSM, it is really hard to place them properly. They are just so inconsistent. They looked a lot stronger against IMT and were actually winning, but threw with a DIG baron call and LiftLift getting caught out. Beat C9 with Hai and got crushed by NRG. I really think they can be a top 1/2 team easily if they could only have consistency. [/QUOTE]
    The rest of the field doesn't matter at the moment. None of them have shown any sort of consistency nor huge stars emerging. Ill pick C9 and Liquid to take 5 and 6th in that order.
    I think C9 could be top 4/5 with Hai, but without him, they face relegations. They prove again and again they are nothing without him, and it is worrying. As for TL, Dardoch is awesome and Matt plays a pretty mean Bard. Not bad for 2 kids right out of challenger. They are impressing so far and I look forward to seeing them progress.
    Haven't watched as much EU, G2 and H2K have looked good though. How good Origen and Fnatic are is still questionable. Sometimes I think Fnatic is at top form again, others not so much. I think Origen moves into top four, likely taking 2nd or 3rd. H2K is my pick for first but honestly this whole region is confusing.
    Ya, G2 and H2K are pretty clear frontrunners. Too bad Diamond got screwed by visa issues, otherwise UOL coulda been contenders themselves. As for FNC and OG, nither has impressed at all. FNC are struggling to stay middle of the pack and OG are trying to find their groove again. Even the game OG win are not exactly convincing for a former top 4 worlds team.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    While I agree with this assessment, they aren't infallible. They very nearly lost to TSM in week 2, so I could see them dropping a bit as the other teams get their act together.
    I completely agree, if they somehow went undefeated it wouldn't be on their skill I don't think and more of teams throwing like the TSM game. Still think they are best of the region, but again 2-3 losses is where I am putting them at the end of this split.

Eh, I am not a big fan of NRG. They have been looking shaky since their week 1 performance and beat TSM with cheese and TSM has always lost to cheese. They also got utterly crushed by NRG, so I do not believe they will keep a top spot. Maybe middle of the pack to lower-top.

CLG still have very strong macro play, and that has not changed since the summer split. I too predict them to be in the top 3/4. As for TSM, it is really hard to place them properly. They are just so inconsistent. They looked a lot stronger against IMT and were actually winning, but threw with a DIG baron call and LiftLift getting caught out. Beat C9 with Hai and got crushed by NRG. I really think they can be a top 1/2 team easily if they could only have consistency.
    I just don't dont have faith in CLG or TSM really this split in terms of 1/2 so thats why i give it to NRG. I don't really think they are that great, but they have felt more consistent so far. Plus CLG feels just like a straight up downgrade on their new members from last year and they werent even that good last year.

Ya, G2 and H2K are pretty clear frontrunners. Too bad Diamond got screwed by visa issues, otherwise UOL coulda been contenders themselves. As for FNC and OG, nither has impressed at all. FNC are struggling to stay middle of the pack and OG are trying to find their groove again. Even the game OG win are not exactly convincing for a former top 4 worlds team.
    I could see the end of this split end up with completely different teams at top or some other wonky scenarios. Some of the teams suceeding dont make much sense.

Something also to note. I still fail to understand why the spring split exists? It gives points or whatever, but teams that dont have anything to prove have no big incentive to really push for first. Just stay out of relegation and just work on little things during the split and if you end high great, if you end 4th its almost the same. I dunno, it just seems like a lot of the designs of LOL as an Esport are fairly terrible and they take wayyyy too long to fix. Like this summer split they move to Bo3, but why not do it now? Why only 18 games a split? Why 2 splits? ugh, it just annoys me.

Deleted
    The Immortals are...immortal. lol

That IMT v C9 game was so fun to watch. THAT is what a high kill game looks like without being a "clown fiesta".

Now that the season is over what are you guys thought on the regular season portion of the split?

For me, NA: Really expected more out of TSM, but sloppy play like today and a terrible back half put them in the 6th seed, which considering the other teams isn't a good sign. Echo could be a realistic top 4 or so team next split which will be nice to look out for. Renegades with the new people also seems to be alright, admittedly only being able to beat low tier teams isn't a good sign but it might be enough to keep them in the lcs for a while longer. NRG, TL, and CLG I don't have much to say. C9 was a nice surprise and whatever it is that Hai does cannot be understated. A small champ pool and limited skills and he is still the clear starter says a lot about his shot calling. Immortals didn't quite end up immortal but the by far best NA split of all time and despite the one loss I would say it compares to the FNC run of last split with several stats saying it was better.

EU: G who? I didn't expect much out of the rookie team and they take the n1 spot despite origins and H2k adding people who I felt were straight upgrades. H2k did fine though, 2nd by 1 game isn't bad and a 4 loss split isn't bad by any means. Vit and UOL also did better then expected. OG and FNC though fell apart. 4th and 6th and really didn't look good all split.

IEM was an eye opener, or it should be. Maybe the top tier EU teams and the top NA team can compete on the big stage, but otherwise they fall hard to the 4 or 5th ranked LCK team (Admittedly it's SKT so they might just be sandbagging this split who knows). I think IMT can do decently at MSI, assuming they make it, but I feel G2 isn't on the same level.

Playoff predictions: IMT over CLG, I think C9 could beat CLG but they seem to have their number for whatever reason. CLG took a win off a IMT squad that I feel wasn't trying their hardest. Theymight drop a game but I don't see them losing a series. H2k over G2 the more seasoned team with i think the better players comes out ahead here in a close series.

MSI: Rox beats everyone, IMT has a good showing, LPL continues to struggle internationally, EU is 4th best team (Behind AHQ)

NA-

IMT: Really surprised me, but I think Huni and RO proved they carried FNC last year after this split. Good to see Turtle doing well as he is my favorite player. That said, their record is pretty deceiving, they had a few games that they really should have lost and are not as dominant as their record shows.

CLG: Not really surprised by their season, they basically just replaced only 1 member on their team. They still only play the same splitpush style, but not team in NA can actually stop them at it.

C9: RIP Bunnyfufu, they never even gave him a chance....

TL: Dardoch really stepped up and turned their season around, although considering they ended 4th, maybe it was just fate.

NRG: Still not quite sure what to make of this team, they just have their ups and downs. We'll see how they do in a BoX format though

TSM: Man was it hard to be a TSM fan this split. The only consistent thing about them was their inconsistency. Sadly, they looked just as bad on week 9 as they did week 1, and I will be surprised if either Yellowstar or Svenskeren still are on the starting roster for the summer split.

Echo Fox: They show potential, but I don't ever see them being a top team, higher than 7th, sure, but we'll see next split

REN: Their initial roster was booty so they had to call in some help to get out of 10th. I guess they landed where everyone expected them to in the end though

TIP: Despite the 0-18 predictions, TIP made it clear they wouldn't go down without a fight. They did en 9th though, so it isn't like they defied expectations...

DIG: As the rest of the league kept improving, DIG just didn't keep up. Their roster was one of the weakest on paper, and in practice it didn't go much better.

EU-

G2: Like a RKO they came outta nowhere! They were so fun to watch though and I am glad such a fresh team did so well!

H2K: A team Forgiven actually looks like he is having fun on. Jankos was also a monster, and I'm sure they are happy they didn't get Svenskeren instead (RIP TSM tho)

VIT: The "super team" of EU did not disappoint, I just wish TSM had stuck with KaSing

OG: I still don't think too highly of OG as they really didn't impress me, even in their wins. They are the uncoachable team and with the rising competition in EU (especially the top 3) they just sunk.

UOL: Had a strong start, but fell apart after Diamondprox's unfortunate visa situation

FNC: Yup, they were totally carried by Huni and RO last year, I think they unequivocally proved that.

EL: Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve

Splyce: The OTHER challenger squad that just looked bad all split long

ROC: A team everyone had written off, and for good reason

GIA: 1 year later, Pepi is still trying to 1v9 in the LCS. I hope they get relegated so he can find himself and actual team.

NA-

IMT: Really surprised me, but I think Huni and RO proved they carried FNC last year after this split. Good to see Turtle doing well as he is my favorite player. That said, their record is pretty deceiving, they had a few games that they really should have lost and are not as dominant as their record shows.

CLG: Not really surprised by their season, they basically just replaced only 1 member on their team. They still only play the same splitpush style, but not team in NA can actually stop them at it.

EU-

VIT: The "super team" of EU did not disappoint, I just wish TSM had stuck with KaSing

FNC: Yup, they were totally carried by Huni and RO last year, I think they unequivocally proved that.
    I think IMT's close games are just a by product of going on for so long in such a shitty format. They can be cheesed each week and they don't really have a way to stop it. Plus I think a lot of those games that were close was also just cockiness on their side. If they can tone it down in playoffs/MSI they should be fine. I think CLG is the one with the deceptiv record. I don't think in best of series their plans will work. And despite the claims of the best macro play, having arguably 3 or 4 fairly weak on their own players is a big problem.

I don't KaSing would have fixed TSM, although consideiring some of their losses are just super confusing I don't know. I think they can be great with their lineup, because I feel at least 4 of the 5 are just great all around players and that should eventually sync together and play well. I want to disagree about FNC but it is hard to. Since their split also felt confusing. Spirit and Gamsu are good players and reckless and feb are still the same level.

Playoffs should prove if the standings were correct or not.

I think IMT's close games are just a by product of going on for so long in such a shitty format. They can be cheesed each week and they don't really have a way to stop it. Plus I think a lot of those games that were close was also just cockiness on their side. If they can tone it down in playoffs/MSI they should be fine. I think CLG is the one with the deceptiv record. I don't think in best of series their plans will work. And despite the claims of the best macro play, having arguably 3 or 4 fairly weak on their own players is a big problem.

I don't KaSing would have fixed TSM, although consideiring some of their losses are just super confusing I don't know. I think they can be great with their lineup, because I feel at least 4 of the 5 are just great all around players and that should eventually sync together and play well. I want to disagree about FNC but it is hard to. Since their split also felt confusing. Spirit and Gamsu are good players and reckless and feb are still the same level.

Playoffs should prove if the standings were correct or not.
    Well, about TSM, people kept saying it will just take time, but they look just as bad together as they did in week 1. Sven goes for fights without the rest of his team and Yellowstar is having a piss-poor season too, constantly getting caught and not really doing much. I mention KaSing because I think they would have gelled better with him than Yellowstar, plus I am a KaSing fanboy.

For IMT, ya, their cockiness is why I just can't be a fan of that team despite liking most of the players more than most others in the lcs.

CLG are very 1 trick, but so far, at least domestically, NA is shit at punished them for it.

I hope TSM can make it to the finals this year, but for once, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. They should instead look towards the summer split and maybe acquiring some replacements for Sven/Yellowstar. I hear there is this support player on Apex called Xpecial, he seems to be pretty good :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is... TSM got Yellowstar because they wanted a good shotcaller. What do you hear in coms? Bjergsen still blabbering his ass off and YS being talked over. Bjergen's shotcalling has been weak for seasons, why is he still shotcalling when you get one of the strongest shotcallers in the west specifically for that reason?

You can see this disconnect in their team movements. There's no synch in going in and out, which leads to unnecessary deaths or Yellowstar sacrificing himself so Doublelift, Svenskeren or Bjergsen can get out.

That's part of the difference with C9 - if Hai calls for them to go, they're already in.

That's also the beauty of the Rox Tigers. However their shotcalling works, it works wonders. Everyone seems to be on the same page and there is never any hesitation at all. I think Monte said on a recent cast that whenever anyone asks Kuro to come to their lane he doesn't second guess them at all and just starts moving there. Their addition of Peanut and filling their only real weak slot has brought them up to a whole new level.

Korea overall has an absolutely insane level of talent this split. The LCK has probably 7-8 of the top 10 teams in the world right now and it's just so fun to watch.

I don't watch as much LCS but it's nice to see C9 and CLG doing well, and IMTs games are damn entertaining usually. Only really watch H2K in EU cause I'm a Forgiven fanboy and it's nice to see him and his team playing well. Sucks about his military duty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Korea overall has an absolutely insane level of talent this split. The LCK has probably 7-8 of the top 10 teams in the world right now and it's just so fun to watch.

I don't watch as much LCS but it's nice to see C9 and CLG doing well, and IMTs games are damn entertaining usually. Only really watch H2K in EU cause I'm a Forgiven fanboy and it's nice to see him and his team playing well. Sucks about his military duty though.
    I think that might have been true the last 2 years as well regarding LCk being way ahead. The EU LCS casters constantly go on about the top 4 of both Fnatic and OG and it just makes me chuckle since A, seeding gave them fairly easy matchups once they made top 8. B, only 3 LCK teams were allowed to go despite likely 5-6 at a minimum being deserving of a spot at worlds. C, seeding in the group stage also isn't what I would say is the best measurement.

Forgiven got a furlough (I think thats what they called it) to not go on duty last I heard, he will ontinue to play for the time being.

Korea has one very good team right now, SKT1 who will probably shape up, and then some teams that really do fumble their way through games. Most of the koreans have god damn awful laning phases, CJ literally live on Kramer+Madlife. Watching most LCK games is just for the cast, because only Rox are capable of making consistently strong plays right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Korea has one very good team right now, SKT1 who will probably shape up, and then some teams that really do fumble their way through games. Most of the koreans have god damn awful laning phases, CJ literally live on Kramer+Madlife. Watching most LCK games is just for the cast, because only Rox are capable of making consistently strong plays right.
    But comparatively NA/EU don't have great laning teams, nor are the players themselves usually as good actual players as LCK plus I would say teamplay in Korea is still for whatever reason lightyears ahead.

EU has far stronger laners, but dumb as fuck late game where they tend to walk around in random circles until they get caught.