Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    He already did that.
    I see.
    Then he really has no other choice than to boot the system w/o any components and assess the diagnostic messages of the MoBo. (But keep the cooler on your CPU )

If he pushes the power button, the fans start spinning and nothing POSTs, then his Board if probably defective.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-07-24 at 06:38 PM.

Oh I have that same case.
    Are you sure you connected the power button pins to the right pins on the MB?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Are you sure you connected the power button pins to the right pins on the MB?
    Is it even possible to connect them, to the wrong pins these days? I thought everything was "one foolproof plug" anyways.

Here is my parts list. I connected them on the MB to where it says JFP1? i this not right?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/7fJV7h

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Is it even possible to connect them, to the wrong pins these days? I thought everything was "one foolproof plug" anyways.
    Not sure but there's all kinds of tiny things that can be wrong.
    Defective hardware is almost a non-issue nowadays, except for periphirals(damn, spelling).

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto View Post
    Here is my parts list. I connected them on the MB to where it says JFP1? i this not right?
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/7fJV7h
    Why don't you look in the Motherboard manual instead of asking us.

I'm sort of concerned about the RAM sticks being next to eachother instead of 0 1 0 1 or 1 0 1 0
    Do the fans/PSU work?
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-07-24 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't just plug stuff into various port. Oo

Consult your mainboard manual before doing anything, esp if you are a novice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You bought about the most power-hungry card Nvidia makes. Are you sure your power supply is capable of handling it and the rest of the hardware in your computer? I have seen this problem many times in people who build their own computer without researching first (or worse, by listening to salespeople in parts stores). If not, that's why your PC isn't turning on; there just isn't enough current to power everything.
    That card is not a power-hungry one you can use a 500w ps and make it work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was your cpu fan plugged in?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a picture of everything plugged in. I took out the GPU & and CPU fan I had on it so u could see the motherboard. It's like the motherboard is not getting power. With the GPU plugged into the motherboard without the PSU plugged directly into it..two red lights were on where u plug the PSU in. After I plugged the PSU directly to the GPU, those lights turned white but nothing else will turn on. I'll get my PC parts and post them in a sec.

The first think I noticed is that you have your memory in the 1-2 slots, it should be 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, I´m not sure if you have your front panel connected since I can't seem to see it there (you have the wrong plug in there it seems).

Try unplugging everything except the Motherboard (have the 24 pin and 8 pin connected to the motherboard), CPU (put the cooler back on), GPU, and Memory to the PSU, connect a monitor to your GPU and see if it posts (see if you get past the post test (power on self)).
    How you turn on your motherboard without the front panel is that you take a screw driver and connect the power pins, find the front panel connectors in your motherboard manual and find the power pins and connect them with what I said.

EDIT: JFP1 is the front panel connector, (the one top right and the one on the left to it are the power pins.)

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...ml#down-manual

For the manual so it's easier for you.

EDIT2: I see that you have something connected to the JFP1 connector, I'm not sure if that's the front panel connector since I have no idea what case this is and I have never seen front panel connectors that look like the one you have plugged in there.
    Last edited by Torched; 2016-07-24 at 08:00 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    How you turn on your motherboard without the front panel is that you take a screw driver and connect the power pins, find the front panel connectors in your motherboard manual and find the power pins and connect them with what I said.
    Since he is a novice that isn't even sure whether he plugged it in correctly I can only STRONGLY advise against doing this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since he is a novice that isn't even sure whether he plugged it in correctly I can only STRONGLY advise against doing this!
    He has something plugged into the JFP1 that is not the front panel, I just noticed that, also you can't really dmg anything if he follows what I just explained to him, he can just watch a video on how it's done.

EDIT: and this is the only way to make sure that nothing else is interfering with the computer turning on, you have to take out everything that does not need to be connected for the computer to start, you only need the motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu and memory + screen to see if it posts, if it does not post, something is wrong, if it posts you have eliminated those 5 things that are connected.
    Last edited by Torched; 2016-07-24 at 07:48 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I fixed it! I had the plugs plugged in the wrong places on the JFP1 slot, once I put them in the correct spot . . . everything worked. I even plugged up the mouse, keyboard, mousepad, headphones . . . and played around with the overclock software. Thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    I fixed it! I had the plugs plugged in the wrong places on the JFP1 slot, once I put them in the correct spot . . . everything worked. I even plugged up the mouse, keyboard, mousepad, headphones . . . and played around with the overclock software. Thanks for the help!
    That's what I thought was wrong, good job in fixing it, now did you put the memory in the right place? 1-3 or 2-4 not 1-2 like in the picture you posted?
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Although I do not agree with some nab sticking screw driver to port on motherboard, I do agree that front panel connection is most likely the issue here.

OP open manual on JFP1 connection instruction and redo that one. From what I can see on the photo you have plugged connector vertically where they should be plugged horizontally.
    @Torched pins top left and the one next to it are not power, they are power led. You probably ment pins 6 and 8 aka power switch pins, these are top most right two pins.

RTFM
    Read the fucking manual.
    Goodluck and enjoy your pc tho!
    Don't forget to place the RAM in 1 0 1 0 or 0 1 0 1 configuration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Although I do not agree with some nab sticking screw driver to port on motherboard, I do agree that front panel connection is most likely the issue here.

OP open manual on JFP1 connection instruction and redo that one. From what I can see on the photo you have plugged connector vertically where they should be plugged horizontally.
    @Torched pins top left and the one next to it are not power, they are power led. You probably ment pins 6 and 8 aka power switch pins, these are top most right two pins.
    Yeah, I meant the 6-8 pins, my bad.
    Last edited by Torched; 2016-07-24 at 08:02 PM.
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Oh yes you can, these are just simple pins, which you can not only connect to pins with a different function altogether, but also in the wrong direction with + and - inverted.

btw, according to the manual your ram config is wrong, it suggests using DIMM 2 and 4 für two modules.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't just plug stuff into various port. Oo

Consult your mainboard manual before doing anything, esp if you are a novice.

link taken directly from the manual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPEL...ature=youtu.be

That's exactly what happened. I had the + - mixed up. Also are you saying that I need to put my RAM in the 2 & 4 slots?

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you dont use a cpu cable (aka mobo cable) for your gpu, every corsair cable has a name on it and you should use a pce cable either 8 or 6+2.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

That's exactly what happened. I had the + - mixed up. Also are you saying that I need to put my RAM in the 2 & 4 slots?

yes, you should. manual says so.
    These are probably the dual-channel slots.