Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    There's some "minor" difference. One you actually choose to watch, while the other is forced on you, whether you wanted it or not.
    Haven't you ever woken up from a dream and tried to go back to sleep really quick to experience it again? Sorta the same imo. I've done that with nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Haven't you ever woken up from a dream and tried to go back to sleep really quick to experience it again? Sorta the same imo. I've done that with nightmares.
    Hardly nightmares if you're enjoying them.

I wonder how many people claiming to enjoy nightmares have actually had one. I think it's kinda like how some people believe just a bad headache to be a migraine. Aren't they lucky to think that.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-07-24 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

No, absolutely not. I have very physically violent night terrors when I have nightmares.

The one that is forever burned into my brain was when I had sleep paralysis during a lucid dream. I was driving down a country road with someone I never met who in the dream was my cousin or something. We started driving insanely fast, and I could feel in my dream my gut tightening and the wind blowing through my face. I remember realizing in my nightmare that I was just dreaming, so I said in my dream that "This is just a dream so I can't die" so I pressed the pedal down as hard as can go and then shifted into park. Basically in the nightmare the car grinded so hard against the pavement from braking that it grinded down the car and eventually me, I looked down at my legs and torso just skidding along the pavement and getting grinded down in a bloody gory mess until my head started to grind down. When my eyes started to grind down, everything went black and I woke up from my dream. I swear I could feel it the entire time, the pain and the loud sound of metal screeching in all directions.

I rarely have nightmares actually. Though I have never been particularly troubled by a nightmare when they do occur. Usually I try to think of the anxiety that caused the nightmare and pinpoint why it distressed me. However, as I said, nightmares are pretty rare for me but I would not say they are un-enjoyable exactly. Sometimes it's helpful!

15+ Year Old Account
    I like having nightmares, which means I end up hardly having any

I don't have "cool" inspirational nightmares with zombies, drangons, and monsters. My bad dreams are about being late for work or getting laid off and not being able to make my house payment.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Is it odd that I enjoy having nightmares? Do you guys enjoy when you have nightmares?
    I never have nightmares. It is odd. I think I remember dreams more frequently than the average person, but never had nightmares or night terrors. The closest I have ever come to nightmares are "action dreams", where I am in a combat situation, though not in terror.

If you enjoy it its not really a nightmare though..

I definitely don't enjoy nightmares thats for sure.

I love waking up after a nightmare. So much better than waking up after a beautiful dream and being disappointed.

Deleted
    It depends on what kind of nightmare it is.
    For me it ranges from annoying (waking up in school for a test I didn't study for) to full on night terror horror stories (extra dimensional entities, monsters, murderers killing/torturing me in some way).

Deleted
    "Ear rape" nightmares are just annoying, i more prefer those who inflict dread or fear, like having something coming out of the woods, or if you look at it to long everything fades to black

Deleted
    Is it odd that I enjoy having nightmares? Do you guys enjoy when you have nightmares?
    Edgy. I guess you have some really tame nightmares. The definition of a nightmare is so that if you enjoy them, they're not nightmares. You haven't had a real nightmare if you enjoy them.

It feels like I'm being a total edge lord, but I really do too! It might just be the relief you feel when you wake up, but I feel so oddly alive during a nightmare.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I very rarely remember dreaming and if I do it's even more rare that I actually remember what it was about so... I don't know.

I can't remember ever having a nightmare, as others describe them anyway. Worst outcome for me is that I wake up and feel a bit confused but nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're enjoying your nightmares, then they're not nightmares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Special snowflake detected.
    That's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightmares themselves don't bother me much... But waking up due to a jump-scare - no, that isn't nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Worst kind of nightmares are the ones, where you wake and is in doubt if it actually have happened irl.

I enjoy having nightmares, because it challenges me to take control of and turn the dream around.
    The only thing I'll "Nope!" the fuck out of, is if I find myself out in deep, dark water and sinking into the depth. I have a phobia of the deep sea.

Something I don't quite enjoy, is my sleep paralysis. While I'm aware of what it is and not afraid, I have yet to find a way to pull myself out of it...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy them, I don't think they would be nightmares, rather just a dream.