Deleted

personal loot sharing loot addon

Is there any addon yet that makes sharing loot you don't need easier yet? Right now it's people asking and offering items which is inconvenient.

Is there something that can let you request a roll for a item you want to share? Or a masterloot addon that lets you tell the masterlooter you can share a item?

say you get Bracers ilvl 850, you do not need them so you offer them to party chat - Hey anyone need [Bracers of the Felbutt]?
    two people say ME ME !!! - right now i am usually just trading with the first person to reply, and nobody has complained

best addon idea for this i can think of right now to make this better:

at the bottom of the tooltip for the Bracers, show every player in the dungeons current ilvl next to their name, as long as it is 850 or lower (different stats can still be an upgrade!)

so like..

Bracers of the Felbutt
    10 armour
    1 agility
    6 crit
    4 haste
    ilvl 850

Player3 - 840
    Player2 - 825

i mean, this is what i'd like anyway. whether it is practical to turn into an addon or not, idk. but it would help me with decision making at least - and i don't think many people would be big jerks about prioritising someone with a lower ilvl (and if they do then i care even less about trading them nothing)

Deleted
    Hello, we're working on an addon that will help with this, it should be ready in a week or two: https://github.com/steven-jackson/PersonalLoot

We're planning on two modes:
    1. Guild loot council mode - The addon will ask who needs tradable items which drop, people can reply or click yes if they have the addon installed. Specific people or guild ranks can vote who gets it, then the addon tells the looter who to trade it to.
    2. PuG mode - The addon will just say what's tradable and who's likely to be able to use it in the chat window, optionally to the raid channel.

The main problem to overcome is reliably getting raid member data quickly, the WoW API doesn't offer any guarantees. We're planning on splitting gear inspection work among all people in the raid with the addon installed to speed it up.

I just finished and uploaded an addon to Curse that I think accomplishes what people are looking for! Personal Loot Helper will identify people in the group who can use tradeable loot and will provide a notification (to either you or the entire group, depending on your preference) with ilvls to help decide who would get the biggest upgrade. You can also set it up to coordinate rolls, which could come in handy when groups start pugging Legion raids in a few weeks. Check it out and let me know what you think!

I put a pretty verbose description on Curse, but if you have any questions about what it does or how it works, let me know!