Life bloom question .

Hey all. I decided to take resto Druid as my main spec and class. I'm extremely new to healing and have only done a couple of the time walked dungeons last night and I came across a big question will effect my healing.

Lifebloom gets the big pop heal at the end. But will it still pop if I refresh it before it ends? I know the the HoT is fairly strong but I want to make sure to use it properly .

Also is it recommended to use my CD to increase its ticking time ?

Can't wait for new guide to come out for resto I need all the help I can get.

Deleted
    I think it will not pop up when you refresh it, only when it expires.

edit: sry for the wrong information ^^
    Last edited by mmoc8e943ae0c7; 2016-07-24 at 08:08 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does still bloom, aslong as its under 5~ or so when you refresh it. To be more specific, it will "bloom" as soon as it's refreshed assuming less than 5 or 6 seconds if lifebloom was extended.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2016-07-24 at 06:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    It does still bloom, aslong as its under 5~ or so when you refresh it. To be more specific, it will "bloom" as soon as it's refreshed assuming less than 5 or 6 seconds if lifebloom was extended.
    I'm not sure it works like this.

Look at this quote from Sonie <Serenity> in his 7.0.3 Icy Veins guide:

Keep in mind that Lifebloom heals for a large amount when it expires from the target, so you should always let it fully expire before you re-apply it.
    This mean that if lifebloom is refreshed before it expire, it will not bloom because it did not expire.

Zwolf123, you can check on Icy Veins for guides on specs, they are generally good.
    Armory : DiabloIII - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Danas View Post
    I'm not sure it works like this.

Look at this quote from Sonie <Serenity> in his 7.0.3 Icy Veins guide:

This mean that if lifebloom is refreshed before it expire, it will not bloom because it did not expire.

Zwolf123, you can check on Icy Veins for guides on specs, they are generally good.
    I just went in game and tested it and as long as you recast when less than 6 seconds remain, you do get the bloom effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmie View Post
    I just went in game and tested it and as long as you recast when less than 6 seconds remain, you do get the bloom effect.
    Can confirm as well. The reason Blizz added this (beginning of WoD iirc) was to allow players to maximize the uptime of their hots/dots without having any downside to refreshing them. They effectively gave everyone the AffLock ability from MoP that allowed a portion of the remaining duration to carry over to the newly applied hot/dot.