7+ Year Old Account

Question Question(s) on How To/Ways To talent your Artifact Weapon

Just as the title asks is the question, lol.

I did a forum search for similiar topics but all that came up were individual threads on specific class Artifact Weapon discussions.

Currently is the only way to talent your AW is by the relic system? I understand the concept of randomly looting relics to your AW slots but find the % of getting ideal relics for your specific AW relic slot very unreliable.

For example, the Vegeance DH relic slots are iron, arcane, and fel. Unfortunately I have spent more time selling relics that are "storm" or "frost" or others that have AW traits I need but cannot use since thos relics are never the iron, arcane, and/or fel that matches.

I'm in beta and trade chat told me (probably first mistake) that at a certain amount of artifact points I can choose w/e trait I want. I'm not willing to believe so I'll ask it here too, lol. Is this true?

10+ Year Old Account
    You use artifact power to purchase traits. The relics only grant extra trait ranks as a bonus; their primary purpose is to increase your weapon's item level.