Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Why would Voljin lie to us? you know, the same dudes that were there when he faked his 1rst death??
    I actually don't think he's lying about dying. I think he allowed himself to die (calling off medical treatment, etc) to enter the spirit world and will find a way back. We've seen many times that trolls and their loas are capable of crazy stuff including reincarnation or bringing people back from near-death.
    I agree that he wouldn't lie to us or the Horde. I kinda of agree with the above post. There's a line of dialog about him meeting with an "old friend" and I think it's extremely telling. Vol'jin has or had some kind of plan, and it makes sense considering Blizzard clearly wants to push him as the next Warchief and needs to give the playerbase a reason to really respect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    See that would make sense, vol'jin just seems like the kind of character to do that, given he sort of did it before, and his whole shtick is with the troll death god.
    Varian I can't imagine would have had that kind of strategy, given what we saw in the auduin short, but vol'jin we don't know. I was never happy with him being warcraft, but the trolls still need someone to stand in as their respected leader.
    His entire occupation/class/job whatever of shadow hunter basically says that he communes with spirits and works with the troll loa aspect of death, Bwonsamdi. It's all set up way too well. And that's another pretty big point that I never thought about, honestly: if Vol'jin was gone for good, you can be almost certain they'd pull a Saurfang of sorts and have someone rise up as the new troll leader. That's conspicuously missing, considering it's happened so far every single time a racial leader has died.

But yeah, Varian is dead. Mega dead. There's no way that guy is coming back, they've made too big of a deal out of it at this point compared to how Vol'jin just kinda unceremoniously got thrown on the death bus and everyone immediately moved on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah that would be outrageous. That's why the Horde will follow an undead High Elf in Legion.
    HAHA the sarcastic is strong in this one !

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Lor'themar is a Blood Elf, and I doubt the rest of the Horde would like to follow him.
    Yeah that would be outrageous. That's why the Horde will follow an undead High Elf in Legion.

No seriously, if someone like Sylvanas can become Warchief everyone can. All the arguments about supposed "racial discriminations" can be joyfully thrown out of the window at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

More realistically, Sylvanas was chosen over Lor'themar because she's a literal improved version of the latter (maybe Lor'themar is way more stable emotionally speaking but Sylvanas' tantrums don't occur that often anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Not sure how you fake burning his body at a pyre lol but okay, tin foil hatters.

I would've much preferred to see Vol'jin go to the Zandalari for help and we'd get another troll patch at 7.2 or something.
    Zul'Again!

- - - Updated - - -

No seriously, if someone like Sylvanas can become Warchief everyone can. All the arguments about supposed "racial discriminations" can be joyfully thrown out of the window at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

More realistically, Sylvanas was chosen over Lor'themar because she's a literal improved version of the latter (maybe Lor'themar is way more stable emotionally speaking but Sylvanas' tantrums don't occur that often anyway).
    I mean because Sylvanas is a misfit like the rest of the Horde because she's undead. The Blood Elves aren't really misfits, just forced to join the Horde because of convenience and political reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Beta and the reason is that Sylvanas is the best commander the horde has atm
    Saurfang have a talk with you. To be honest idk from where horde players took this "shes best general horde have atm". She lost war to Arthas, she cant control her own people and its cost Alliance and Horde (Wrathgate), she lost war in Gilneas and only blackmail stopped worgens invasion in Silverpine. Ah and she failed at Broken Shore. I my opinion Saurfang more reliable and better choice as Warchief.

Not really, she thinks before she acts
    Yea sure... like when she did suicide, put dreadlord in command or accepted this guy from Gilneas who headshoted her?

But yeah, Varian is dead. Mega dead. There's no way that guy is coming back, they've made too big of a deal out of it at this point compared to how Vol'jin just kinda unceremoniously got thrown on the death bus and everyone immediately moved on.
    In my guild we making bets. I put 750k what hes alive.

Vol'jin will die, but maybe Bwonsamdi will resurrect him or something. Just not buying that they're going to off him the instant his story turns around.

His only moment in WoW for the first, idk 8 years has been him tapping the Brewfest keg, then returning to his leash beside Thrall. Oh, he also says a line or two to Garrosh in the troll start zone, whoa.

Now he becomes warchief, gets his own book, becomes important in the lore... Then dies? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Vol'jin will die, but maybe Bwonsamdi will resurrect him or something. Just not buying that they're going to off him the instant his story turns around.

His only moment in WoW for the first, idk 8 years has been him tapping the Brewfest keg, then returning to his leash beside Thrall. Oh, he also says a line or two to Garrosh in the troll start zone, whoa.

Now he becomes warchief, gets his own book, becomes important in the lore... Then dies? Lol.
    If your remember, the same thing happened to another horde leader.

Deleted
    Guys don't forget who is his Loa.
    Bwonsamdi the guy who can resurect,the guy who eats souls.Don't forget who fed him with so many souls (Vol'jin)
    I don't think Bwonsamdi is gong to allow Vol'jin to die anytime soon.
    Also don't forget the datamined voiceline of Vol'jin saying that he has to visit an old friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If your remember, the same thing happened to another horde leader.
    And they cooked him after death too !

I have been thinking about this too, why din't thrall step up and took the throne in time of dire need. But that got me thinking, since blizzard just unfolded Azeroth as a seeding titan and thrall being in touch with the elemental planes of azeroth from the horde and magni bronzebeard being in touch with Azeroth from the alliance, who apparently just woke up from his deep connection, plus it is also mentioned that while he was frozen and connected to the living spirit of Azeroth he even felt Thrall's presence there. We just might see them rolling down that path involving the upbringing of the titan somehow and then taking the fight to Sargeras, it just makes perfect sense to me because both of those characters are HUGE characters for each of the factions and not getting them involved in leadership would only make sense if they had a bigger purpose to resolve.

I know i just might be expecting too much from Thrall, but boy was he a badass leader and probably one of the best characters written in the warcraft universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    She's an excellent strategist (lore-wise) and supposedly it seems as if - although we need the cutscenes to be introduced to fill in the gaps - she is responsible for the Horde not being completely wiped out at the Broken Shore when she abandoned them.

But I just want to mention my prediction on all of this. From a narrative standpoint, I'm pretty damn sure Vol'jin will be returning. His entire motto, "Darkspear never die", combined with the fact that we don't see his body and the fact that he faked his own death once makes me strongly believe he's still alive. His rule was entirely too short and a surprise return at a crucial moment would likely endear him to a huge part of the community. Sylvanas simply doesn't fit as Warchief of a Horde who almost universally dislikes her, as much as I personally think she's a much more interesting leader.

This, i strongly believe voljin is going to return and it has something to do with re-uniting the troll clans. I mean a strong hero like Voljin, who's the best shadow-hunters and mind you they are damn strong, if you just go through and read about the powers or abilities which he had at his disposal with the fact of the line - Darkspears never die. I really doubt that it is the last thing we see of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I mean because Sylvanas is a misfit like the rest of the Horde because she's undead. The Blood Elves aren't really misfits, just forced to join the Horde because of convenience and political reasons.
    This is quite irrelevant in the eyes of the Horde. Forsaken and Blood Elves are both later additions that joined out of convenience alone and were never much trusted for that (the known reason why they start with neutral rep towards the other Horde races and viceversa). Again, if the Forsaken's leader can manage to be accepted as Warchief of the Horde, the Blood Elf one could have been joyfully accepted as well if he was considered worthy of the title over any other candidate.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Nah, it's true, he dies but there was a dialogue datamined months ago with Vol'jin and other Horde leaders (?). Vol'jin says he is going to visit an old friend and that time is probably when he appoints Sylvanas as Warchief. The dialogue is not in-game though there is a cinematic before Vol'jin funeral quest, so it might be explained there but I don't think > datamining < cinematic transcript from the game is possible. So... we'll have to see.
    Nah that part was cut out awhile ago. We know exactly what happens to him. Sure, in a later patch, that might change, but as it is currently, we know exactly what happens.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And they cooked him after death too !
    We are a resourceful, unwastful people. The meat fed the troops, bones and horns helped build our Garrison and his fur adorned some Hunter tier gear.

Anyone remember the Vol'jin short story where him and Zanzil are like BFF's could this be the friend he will be going to see? if that data mined dialog is to be trusted? Spoilers..............

Zanzil is totes dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This. She tends to really think things out before actually doing anything.
    Like the time she made Varimathras her Majordomo.

Or rezzed Godfrey to fight the Worgen.

She's a decent commander but a horrible political leader, similiar to a certain previous Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Like the time she made Varimathras her Majordomo.

Or rezzed Godfrey to fight the Worgen.

She's a decent commander but a horrible political leader, similiar to a certain previous Warchief.
    Eh, I cant decide. Maybe shes good, maybe shes bad. Maybe she cares only about herself, maybe she cares about her and her people. No idea yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I cant decide. Maybe shes good, maybe shes bad. Maybe she cares only about herself, maybe she cares about her and her people. No idea yet.
    It's not really a matter of what she cares about as more the fact that she shown plenty of flaws as political leader.

It's not really a matter of what she cares about as more the fact that she shown plenty of flaws as political leader.
    Yeah, thats true. But would you rather have her or Baine? I think Baine would be a pretty big pushover in terms of the calls you have to make as Warchief. Nobody wants Thrall, so it comes down to those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I agree with you but don't you think she has the potential to be more dangerous and worse than Garrosh?
    No that's pretty much once again headcanon people have posted here.

Supposedly in the scenario she also does things that save the majority(haven't seen this confirmed so it might just be in a cinematic).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, thats true. But would you rather have her or Baine? I think Baine would be a pretty big pushover in terms of the calls you have to make as Warchief. Nobody wants Thrall, so it comes down to those two.
    Lor'themar would have been ok. Gallywix hell no. Saurfang is getting too old.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lor'themar would have been ok. Gallywix hell no. Saurfang is getting too old.
    Lor themar would be really bad. He already tried to leave the horde once, I dont think he has the hordes best interests in mind.