Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Wasserman Schultz to step down as DNC chairwoman, amid email scandal

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l-scandal.html

DEVELOPING ...

Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced Sunday she will step down as Democratic National Committee chairwoman, amid the fallout over leaked emails that suggested an anti-Bernie Sanders bias in her operation -- a stunning development just hours before the start of her party convention.

In a written statement, the controversial party leader said her first priority is serving the people of her Florida congressional district, and vowed to also campaign as a surrogate for Hillary Clinton.

"Going forward, the best way for me to accomplish those goals is to step down as Party Chair at the end of this convention," she said.

She said she would still "open and close the convention" and address delegates "about the stakes involved in this election," in her role as party chair.
    She will apparently step down at the end of the convention.
    Sets a fire, stays to watch it burn, walks off with clean hands.

Paraphrasing her own words: Getting Hillary elected at all costs is her primary goal and robbing her constituents of their ability to choose was somehow a "service".

Now what will be interesting to see is just what position Hillary gets her in the new Clinton administration (or the Clinton Foundation), should that happen.

Shes not falling on the sword for nothing.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Damage control in full force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'm afraid I don't understand the "scandal." The DNC wanted Crooked Hillary, worked to get Crooked Hillary and now has Crooked Hillary. Doesn't that seem to be working as intended?

Whoo. You did it guys. Dethroning DWS means Hillary can't win now.

Or, whatever having the chairperson step down actually accomplishes.

How about one more year of Obama and you guys try again? I feel like you written this season into a corner and could use a creative break.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand the "scandal." The DNC wanted Crooked Hillary, worked to get Crooked Hillary and now has Crooked Hillary. Doesn't that seem to be working as intended?
    Yea it does make you question just why she would ever bother. Either she just wants an out because Hillary promised her a position in the cabinet or there's enough DNC internal rumblings to have given her the boot.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The emails really aren't a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

They want to pretend that the Democrats actively trying to get Hillary nominated is somehow super shocking and scandalous, even though the stuff revealed in the emails is stuff people accuse politicians of doing with or without proof anyway and it's no secret they've wanted Hillary from the start, as opposed to a lifelong independent who only joined the party as a means to an end and openly criticized it through his run. Meanwhile, you have people like Mitt Romney openly advocating for Republican voters to conspire to keep Trump from getting nominated and nobody bats an eyelash (not that they should because whatever, but let's be consistent here).
    Because there is a difference from the organizational party from supporting a candidate and an individual.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    How about one more year of Obama and you guys try again? I feel like you written this season into a corner and could use a creative break.
    Even Republicans are beginning to think this might not be a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    k
    /10charsithink

15+ Year Old Account
    Are we seriously going to pretend the Republican Party wasn't actively trying to stop Trump's nomination? Is that really the road we want to go down?
    Whether they did or not does not matter, he is theirs, but the DNC actually stopped Sanders. Just because one does it does not mean the other is okay.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

Damage control in full force.
    Crooked congresswoman is confused!....

Crooked congresswoman hurts itself in its confusion!

It does mean if you're going to flip out and blow it up into the scandal of the century, you had damn well better do the same to both.
    Ok but the DNC can be influenced and corrupted easily, case in point. The RNC, no matter how hard the establishment tried, is much, much harder to "pick" a winner

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye Felicia!
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Whether they did or not does not matter, he is theirs, but the DNC actually stopped Sanders. Just because one does it does not mean the other is okay.
    Not anti-biases. Just purely anti-Hillary. So goddamn boring to see this much political hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we seriously going to pretend the Republican Party wasn't actively trying to stop Trump's nomination? Is that really the road we want to go down?
    No. They stopped Cruz, not Trump.
    Black Lives Matter

what a great party

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    No. They stopped Cruz, not Trump.
    yeah and even then it still wasn't a conspiracy like this.

you cant compare the RNC to the DNC

the DNC is made up of superdelegates, the RNC is not

this entire "scandal" is because people have no idea what a superdelegate is

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    you cant compare the RNC to the DNC

the DNC is made up of superdelegates, the RNC is not

this entire "scandal" is because people have no idea what a superdelegate is
    Yeah. If those people don't know what a superdelegate is, it means they haven't learned a thing about politics. Or paid attention to past elections.

Fucking teenagers, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Well this is like some good old fashioned court intrigue. The point was to make it happen in a way that everyone knows you've got what you've wanted, in the way you've wanted it without actually being able to prove it. In gaming terms: Your court approval rating has been reduced to 0, you've been thrown out of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So the DNC for supporting a candidate that barely polls better then the GOP Nominee instead of the one that beats him consistently by 10 or more points?
    And, in doing so, take a giant dump on the people who voted for the first one.

And we come back to the "Superdelegates are corrupt and horrible...Unless they choose Bernie. Then it's democracy."