Thread: #wowbrokenarrow

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    @Hexme:
    Sorry to interrupt, but FpicEail was talking about a change to the playstyle or its lack thereof due to the passiveness of the artifact traits. And your long text mainly says that you do more damge with a fully powered artifact, which is like comparing the damage with a ilevel 620 weapon to a late expansion one of ilevel 725.

So, maybe you have a point, but your text supports his point more than your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    As I've stated not once but twice now AF changes a lot a BM hunter plays compared to a non AF BM, you have no idea and it's showing pretty hard.
    How do the artifacts traits change BM's rotation a lot ?

Killing stuff faster doesn't mean a class/spec plays different.

The 3 hunter specs may have played very similar in previous expansions but Blizzard could and should have left BM's focus mechanic and rotation as it was in WoD to give people a spec to fall back on in case they don't like the new SV or MM.

In the Hunter Preview for Legion Blizzard wrote: "Beast Masters were already in a good place overall, but we’ve refined existing abilities and talents to better differentiate them from other Hunters."

The end result is a spec which lost as significant number of it's existing abilities, had others changed into the opposite of what they were (e.g. Cobra Shot) and now has a play-style which is unlike any play-style the hunter class has ever had.

Hunter's have basically lost their ABC-play-style (Always Be Casting) which has been part of of the class since WoW beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM feels really... clunky to me. Around half my time is spent waiting for Marked procs to use Sidewinders, or just waiting for focus to regen :/
    Marked Shot feels lackluster, just seems to be an instant aimed shot basically that extends vulnerable.
    Survival is a ton of fun though!

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Sad that you are so entitled that you think a hashtag will change anything, let alone that you deserve to be heard after you had 6 months to give your feedback.

Regardless, learn to adapt. The game changes every expansion. Hunter has changed a LOT. This isn't the first time and it wont be the last.
    Actually Hunters gave copious amounts of feedback on beta especially about pets not being able to change targets. No class should have to designed around only being good in upcoming content. Players still have to level.

What they have done is rip out a large amount of abilities so they can partially give them back with the artifact, and the rest gone just so that other specs are different than you. I guess because developing in positive ways would have required too much work. Essentially what you spent many expansions developing you can pay for the privilege of losing and get a bit back, while the designers pretend it's new. With a new expansion, I think class development is often "two steps forward, one step back" but this time I have played it at 110 and I'd say it feels more like "one step forward, two steps back".

I think the designers have their blinkered eyes fixed on numbers, mechanics, and where they want classes to be, rather than theme, enjoyment and the very real possibility that you can't just undo everything gained before without real consequences, especially in a very old game with only a couple of expansions of life left in it, even if you think it's better and conforms to the rigid class model you have in your head.

Also from someone so entitle why do you feel the need to let everyone know that you are the Co-Owner of ONELegionTV? If I am going to learn anything it's from one of the much better well know youtube tubers like Fatboss.

no wonder people don't take hunters seriously. this hashtag is pointless. people complained about the redesigned specs all throughout beta and blizzard didn't care.

MM is really simple and does huge numbers right now, what's wrong?

Deleted
    Hey, I like the new MM hunter.

i hated MM to...until I learned how to play it. Now im enjoying it, especially in BGs when im 200k damage over everyone else. Except Unholy DKs and Aff locks who got to spend 10 seconds with the enemy clumped up.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Believe it or not, some people care more about an enjoyable rotation than big numbers super easy. Same deal when Arcane Mage was basically just Arcane Blast spam. People played it because it was so far ahead of Fire and Frost but most people didn't have any fun doing it. Games are made for fun and most of us are playing them for just that, not e-peen measurements.

I'm not dismissing that problems exist for all three specs, that was Blizzard's job all through beta! <rim shot>

An enjoyable rotation, and I'd like a definition of that, is hardly the whole game unless you're against target dummies. If anything, I'd be arguing for utility, but since God knows pve hasn't required CC, kiting, or prioritizing targets since late Wrath (last one maaaybe in mythic raids), it'd be weak arguments.

If anything MM's rotation is more involved than the HFC snoozefest. It's clunky baseline, mostly smoothed out with PS/SW (which is one thing we reported over and over in beta), but at least you don't just "Chimera and Barrage on CD, instant Aimed and Steady spam."
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2016-07-28 at 02:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Believe it or not, some people care more about an enjoyable rotation than big numbers super easy. Same deal when Arcane Mage was basically just Arcane Blast spam. People played it because it was so far ahead of Fire and Frost but most people didn't have any fun doing it. Games are made for fun and most of us are playing them for just that, not e-peen measurements.
    Problem is, fun is subjective. I find easy to play with good results fun, not everyone finds John Madden rotations fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    stop crying for fuck sake... adjust and learn to play.
    So if you were getting painful anal sex with a razor bladed ball bat, you'd say, and I quote, "stop crying for fuck sake... adjust and learn to play."

How the fuck..?
    So people don't find enjoyment anymore in what the class has become and your statement is to suck it up and play something you hate?
    DafuQ bro.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

The QQers want some sort of 9 button/ability rotation cause they want some sort of satisfaction of doing a complete/perfect rotation during their Mythic fights. Which is kinda funny cause outside of Wrath MM, Hunters rotation has been pretty simple.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    hunters feel great all the specs feel different and like they work for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogdenir View Post
    If anyone has read the Hunter section on the WOW forums they would know that it has exploded with negative feedback on the changes to the Hunter class; however, the forums is not the best area to have your comments notice by Device. As such this twitter account was created to voice your opinions that will hopefully be finally notice. I did not create it just simply wanted others to know.
    The oficial forums of class are full of very casual people and some carryed with gold or lfg tool with 725 ilvl requirerd, just ask the priority stats before pre patch and the mostly will reply versatility and haste

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    So if you were getting painful anal sex with a razor bladed ball bat, you'd say, and I quote, "stop crying for fuck sake... adjust and learn to play."

How the fuck..?
    So people don't find enjoyment anymore in what the class has become and your statement is to suck it up and play something you hate?
    DafuQ bro.
    Yes, or play something else, or dont play at all.

Problem is, fun is subjective. I find easy to play with good results fun, not everyone finds John Madden rotations fun.
    Okay? Then you can continue to play it. You asked 'what's wrong' and I answered. If you're having fun then more power to you, I'm going to make it clear to Blizzard that, as someone who has been playing a hunter for the better part of a decade, I think hunters need work and they feel very unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Yes, or play something else, or dont play at all.
    Yeah, exactly.
    #Notfuckingplaying.
    #getanalrekt.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    The QQers want some sort of 9 button/ability rotation cause they want some sort of satisfaction of doing a complete/perfect rotation during their Mythic fights. Which is kinda funny cause outside of Wrath MM, Hunters rotation has been pretty simple.
    Not sure how much you played wrath but i think cata was harder. We had Careful Aim, impr steady shot to keep it up (wrath version was kinda... meh), focus managment is harder than having mana, you have only 1 cast on wrath vs 2 on cata.

a lot of legion specs are really simple it's just that MM isn't that fun and most of the talents are shit.