Deleted

7.0 Gorefiend Mythic Help

Hey

We've had gore on farm few months etc but since the patch this week we've had real trouble getting him done in a clean manner the adds (Player ghosts) just dying stupid fast to the point some people are not even landing inside before coming back out. Some classes cannot even control there cleave etc and seems one unlucky crit on cleave or even a misplaced auto will just kill the player ones.

Does anyone have a tac idea how to avoid this issue of having what seems like too much dps without just having people afk untill they go inside?

Two options:

1: As you say - have people who cleave stuff passively not do any damage to Gorefiend, and try to only single target the constructs/essences that spawns.

2: Go the direct opposite direction. Everyone gets as much passive cleave and major AOE as they can get, and you instantly break *everyone* out. Constructs have less than 700K hp, essences 2M IIRC, so killing them off if people actually switch isn't a big deal - even from full HP. Heck, make sure people kite the constructs past the melee range of Gorefiend to let your mages Ignites spread as well and they'll essentially die from barrages, ignites and diseases. Just make sure you have like, one Arcane mage that's slowing every single add as they spawn. 15 second instant slow is the best we have atm.

Just have your raid pull their heads out of their asses and pay attention to what they're doing. We ran into more issues with Gorefiend than Archimonde and most of it was people just tunneling or ignoring mechanics. Kill the adds. Have players keep their passive cleave as minimal as possible. Call out where people are going down and make sure if somebody is out of position they communicate where they are. If Essences are up, focus them immediately.

I know it's not really good advice to just play better, but a lot of people get the feeling the prepatch is just "for lulz" so they don't even bother trying which can quickly lead to an encounter like Gorefiend falling apart quickly. If you have reasonable DPS, you should still be able to get him in a single feast. Just take it slow, do the mechanics and avoid players dying to stupid and it'll fall over.

Deleted
    Fire mage is just crap and broken because it forces Ignite on Souls very easily because of the way the spell works now; it's fully automatic in spreading unless you go way out of your way to damage only things away from other things which is problematic in there.

I went Arcane and it was much better than expected. I ranked quite better than expected as well. It might help too to forget about the 6.x mage and remember that this time around mana being low does not mean lower dps, the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

We also had an issue with a demo lock's pets. It's generally a good idea to run log checks of the first few seconds of breaking souls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    2: Go the direct opposite direction. Everyone gets as much passive cleave and major AOE as they can get, and you instantly break *everyone* out.
    We tried that method and it was pretty hard core for an mediocre group that would barely kill the old version. There is way too much ad going out after a point and it would need very efficient dps and slowing to pull it off. I'm sure it's doable for a guild that would kill it easily on the old version with the same raid setup but for the time being I think it's best to keep people in and just have the classes that auto-AOE too much to get out of their comfort zone and get another spec for the rest raid teams.

My guild tried Gorefiend yesterday and i can say it's bit broken.
    I just notice inside, noone of the add (essence or construct, can't confirm for spirit) haven't the HFC nerf of 40/50 and have the same health inside the stomach of WoD, so basically the fight is hard than before inside, because many class have about 20% nerf in healing and DPS. The boss is still doable but not nerfed like other boss now (Adds health is basically 1:1,5 inside outside, before was 1:3).
    Others notice the same? It's a bug?

We moved the soul stack marker to the middle of the room to prevent mages from insta breaking anyone who was inside the stomach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Younggunn187 View Post
    We moved the soul stack marker to the middle of the room to prevent mages from insta breaking anyone who was inside the stomach.
    I wouldn't bother if they can play Arcane. They still won't be able to properly do other adds that might be near them because ignite is almost always up from almost all main spells. Arcane has excellent control of damage, it has a slow, and it can do pretty high deeps in there still.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I wouldn't bother if they can play Arcane. They still won't be able to properly do other adds that might be near them because ignite is almost always up from almost all main spells. Arcane has excellent control of damage, it has a slow, and it can do pretty high deeps in there still.
    I think moving the stack point for souls is the best option. No reason to have classes play specs that aren't doing their max potential DPS. This way no one has to worry about cleave and you can have 1-2 ranged in charge of breaking people out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I think moving the stack point for souls is the best option. No reason to have classes play specs that aren't doing their max potential DPS. This way no one has to worry about cleave and you can have 1-2 ranged in charge of breaking people out.
    That assumes perfect control and while I see the merits it would be really a bad idea for the average guild that relies on everyone to help on any kind of target. I do see though the logic on a very controlled progress strategy. This is prepatch and various groups won't be that amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That assumes perfect control and while I see the merits it would be really a bad idea for the average guild that relies on everyone to help on any kind of target. I do see though the logic on a very controlled progress strategy. This is prepatch and various groups won't be that amazing.
    OP isn't in a pug though, they're in a guild. They should be able to control their DPS priorities.

Not sure how viable this is with less gear/different setups, but our farm kill this week we just ignored the souls mechanic and cleaved everything. As long as people swap to adds they die plenty fast outside, and the tank add will come out on his own after a while. killed him halfway through first feast so still should be plenty doable with less gear/dps (for reference, raid average ilvl was 739.6 according to logs). May or may not be doable with your raid, but I'd say its worth trying if you're wiping to him anyways.

For reference, constructs have 475k hp on mythic now.