Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    They find the things we enjoy offensive and illegal, pork, alcohol, women dressed like whores (no burka), owning a pet dog (Flashing warning beacons), only eating halal food (which is like the animal must die in agonizing extended pain for the meat to be tasty enough for them). Sorry I dont want it or need it.
    Pork: So do Jews.
    Alcohol: So do Mormons.
    Women Dressed Like Whores: Slut shaming is a favourite pasttime of Americans.
    Owning a Pet Dog: So do people who prefer cats.
    Halal Food: Halal is actually considerably -less- strict than Kosher.

Only if WESTERN SOCIETY gets rid of WESTERN SOCIETY and checks its systematic CIVILIZATION PRIVILEGE.

Have you seen all the VIOLENCE in GERMANY? It's 2016 and those Teutonic bigots need to roll over faster, and that goes for all of Europe. ISLAM IS PROGRESSIVE.

*SIGH*

If only all of EU could adopt Sweden's model of rolling over for violent desert imports, then Europe could finally be as peaceful as the homelands of our little brown angels.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-07-25 at 05:49 PM.
    Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.
    What people call impartiality may simply mean indifference, and what people call partiality may simply mean mental activity.
    There is only one thing that requires real courage to say, and that is a truism.
    -GK Chesterton

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What is 'the western society'.
    Any western country influenced by the Renaissance and Ancient Greece.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Potentially. Though the ideology would have to "give" quite a bit to the point of being borderline unrecognizable. Kind of like how we have a christian majority in the US who have freedom of religion, gay marriage legalized, and an economy driven by coveting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well to start their version of Jesus murders a shit ton of people and marries a six year old while keeping the older women around that he married for money.

I don't really know where to go from there... Their entire religion is based on war and conquering people. Hell they believe that only two other religions deserve to be spared and that is only followers of the old and new testament and then only if they pay a extra tax...

Just please read the Quran and learn wtf you are defending.
    Am I defending anything?

As I said, I don't really know where I stand on this one. On one hand, I don't like the idea of restricting religion. On the other hand, the more I learn about this religion in particular, the more dangerous it seems.

Lol...what?
    Islam is about submission to God. Its by nature a very conservative religion and it clashes with the idea of liberalism and modernity. Its a very hard obstacle to overcome if you want to take a fundamentalist approach to practicing it and also embrace western society.

I would think that's obvious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Any western country influenced by the Renaissance and Ancient Greece.
    Well guess Islam counts as Western by that metric.

Can a fundamental religion coexist with a different religious group or even a group of atheists without the religious people trying to convert others and getting into differences with those that do not believe in their books?

No, defending religious believes and trying to add more to their ranks seems to be nested in any religion, those who believe differently and or refuse to join their group are often looked upon with less respect then those that do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well to start their version of Jesus murders a shit ton of people and marries a six year old while keeping the older women around that he married for money.

I don't really know where to go from there... Their entire religion is based on war and conquering people. Hell they believe that only two other religions deserve to be spared and that is only followers of the old and new testament and then only if they pay a extra tax...

Just please read the Quran and learn wtf you are defending.
    Just to add a little info about, you guys should know that the Madrás in Arabia (the fundamentalist schools) re-wrote the Quran some years ago to "adapt" it better for their new goals.
    I have no doubt you could pick up one of that versions and read awful passages about killing infidels, but that is, again, the brain-whased Islam, which sadly has a lot of power.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Pork: So do Jews.
    Alcohol: So do Mormons.
    Women Dressed Like Whores: Slut shaming is a favourite pasttime of Americans.
    Owning a Pet Dog: So do people who prefer cats.
    Halal Food: Halal is actually considerably -less- strict than Kosher.
    Oh and they execute the gays and execute women that cheat or get cheated on and/or raped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Islam is about submission to God.
    So are most modern monotheisms.

Its by nature a very conservative religion and it clashes with the idea of liberalism and modernity. Its a very hard obstacle to overcome if you want to take a fundamentalist approach to practicing it and also embrace western society.
    Same thing applies to any religion.

Nope lol.

They have to go back

Deleted
    Yes. The same way that we manage to have Catholics and Protestants living alongside one another.
    Catholics and Protestants dont have a core rule that they must 'kill all infidels'

Islam teaches that the ONLY way for non-believers to go to heavenb is for them to be killed by a believer... THATS WHAT 100% of Islam teaches.

Agreed, not many Islamists will actually do this, but its a very real rule of Islam. Exactly the same way that Islam teaches that you must kill homosexuals to free them so they can also go to heaven.

Do some research and study the Qu'ran ffs.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Potentially. Though the ideology would have to "give" quite a bit to the point of being borderline unrecognizable. Kind of like how we have a christian majority in the US who have freedom of religion, gay marriage legalized, and an economy driven by coveting.
    That goes for Christianity in most of the western world though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Oh and they execute the gays.
    Sodomy was a punishable offense in the United States until very recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    There millions of Muslims leaving peacefully in western countries for decades, so i'm not ever sure why is this a question.
    Radical Islam is not even compatible with Islam so there is no reason to be compatible with western societies.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2016-07-25 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because Islam is not after peaceful co-existence with the western infidels. The goal of Islam is global domination, the world under allah. Wake up!

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well guess Islam counts as Western by that metric.
    How so exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Catholics and Protestants dont have a core rule that they must 'kill all infidels'

Islam teaches that the ONLY way for non-believers to go to heavenb is for them to be killed by a believer... THATS WHAT 100% of Islam teaches.

Agreed, not many Islamists will actually do this, but its a very real rule of Islam. Exactly the same way that Islam teaches that you must kill homosexuals to free them so they can also go to heaven.

Do some research and study the Qu'ran ffs.
    You mean the Quran which says 'there shall be no compulsion in religion' - i.e. that conversion must not be made under duress?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Zero View Post
    But again - I am fairly ignorant here, so if I am on the skew, feel free to correct me.
    Here's the Wikipedia page on the subject https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami...sm#Controversy

Here's some examples that it gives of Islamic Fundamentalist groups. I bet you've heard of a couple of them: The Islamic State, Caucasus Emirate, Al-Shabaab, Boko Haram, and Ansar al-Sharia.