Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    really wanted this years goody bag..but well I guess I won't get it.

can i drink out of the stein or will i die?

Nope, I'll be busy going to see Dr. Strange once and again and maybe again to pay attention to this. Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    So what's the real reason? I'm curious.
    As a 10/10 attendee, the reason that my wife and I go every year is

1. Get hyped
    2. Attend as many signings as we can to meet the developers, artists, producers, testers, etc and sincerely thank them for their hard work and enjoyable products. I gave the gal who built the Act 1 dinning tables a big high five because those things are THE BEST to explode with spells. I shook Ion Hazzikostas's hand even though i do not agree with some of the things his team did in Warlords because the guy takes a LOT of shit from people and tries hard and frankly, looked like he needed a hug, not a handshake.
    3. have those same people sign our poster, which we frame and display at home in our office. We've gotten Morhaime, Metzen, Samwise, Peter Lee, Day 9, Browder, Wilson, Kaplan, Greg Street, Eric Dodd, Method raiding team, Jennifer Hale, Trisha Helfer, Jennifer Bailey, so many other voice actors from all the video games they've done, and a lot of other team members who normally do not get much public credit for their work.
    4. Attend the smaller panels that aren't on the stream like the voice acting panel and some of the art demos. We got to watch about 8 people from the heroes voice cast re-enact other game cinematic in character and do some custom scenes.
    5. see the cool costumes. It's not the same when you look at a photo. Nothing replaces seeing someone walking around in a giant mistress of pain costume, or 5 people puppeteering a 10ft long illuminated frostwyrm.
    6. play demos. It's been pretty fun getting early looks at heroes, hearthstone, and overwatch.
    7. be in the crowd when they announce something like overwatch. It came out of nowhere and people were stunned and then immediately *hungry* for more. Never felt anything like that at a Blizzcon except maybe when they announced Wrath.
    8. Have a good time. It's nice to have a reason to take a vacation sometimes.
    Last edited by davidcryix; 2016-07-26 at 03:02 AM.

Lol, still $40. Guess pirated streams it is, because they don't offer a cheaper package without the pets and other crap you pay for.

Tell you what, Blizzard. Revert the camera distance change and I'll pay for a virtual ticket.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Last year I took the dive and bought the virtual ticket. Biggest waste of money ever.
    With 30 euro I can play the game for 2 months or pay for 7 months or Origin Access to play a bunch of games, while having PVP stream for free during BlizzCon and all important clips and stories from BlizzCon very very shortly after the live event happens.
    Anyway, like I have said, last year the virtual ticket really felt disapointing for me. Not willing to pay even half of that.

Deleted
    Gaming Conventions are really only good if you can attend in Person, and get the full experience. Since it is over in the US, I won't ever attend a Blizzcon, unfortunately. Would love to rock my Blood Elf Cosplay(secretly enjoying all the attention :P) and meet all the Devs. Would love to sit down with some of the story writers, and the head devs. But a two Flights, booking a Hotel and the Con Tickets are just too expensive, for that money I rather go two weeks to Ibiza

Quote Originally Posted by Generical View Post
    Tell you what, Blizzard. Revert the camera distance change and I'll pay for a virtual ticket.
    Go into your interface settings and change it to far. Problem solved. Also I highly doubt they care if you or I don't buy one.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-26 at 10:34 AM.

All I'd really want are the dice. A shame I can't get just those.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The Overwatch themed murloc this round is pretty nice - I have no idea the actual stats for the pets though
    Ew, really? Might be the first one I pass on then.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I will buy a ticket, simply to get the Overwatch goodies xD as i don't play any of the other games, and don't really care for battle pets in WoW, but if the ticket will add skins to overwatch, then i need it

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I will buy a ticket, simply to get the Overwatch goodies xD as i don't play any of the other games, and don't really care for battle pets in WoW, but if the ticket will add skins to overwatch, then i need it
    Do we know what the overwatch goodies are? I'm hoping for a skin but it's likely a spray / hero icon.

Got my goody bag ordered. Only want the stein but it's worth it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Do we know what the overwatch goodies are? I'm hoping for a skin but it's likely a spray / hero icon.

Got my goody bag ordered. Only want the stein but it's worth it :P
    If it's only spray/hero icon, i'd skip it tho, I'd want a skin to buy it :>

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Go into your interface settings and change it to far. Problem solved. Also I highly doubt they care if you or I don't buy one.
    My bad, I forgot all posts on the internet needed sarcasm tags.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Wow...... Blizzard's corporate greed knows no end. Shameful when a companies convention for it's very own fans is treated only as a business opportunity to make bank and charge it's fans the price of an expansion set. And of course you can't buy the sack of cheap Chinese products unless you first buy basically nothing for $40. I gaurantee it cost literally nothing to make any of that junk. And $40 for what? Watching an awkward host in between hours of Ad's, and some awkward devs tactically revealing as little as possible about every single game and topic they talk about?

I'll continue to enjoy your games, but you lost my respect long ago when you sold us all out and quit being one of the few companies that was truly devoted to its fans. I just like to put the screws to you bastards as often as possible, because you deserve so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Renuts View Post
    Wow...... Blizzard's corporate greed knows no end. Shameful when a companies convention for it's very own fans is treated only as a business opportunity to make bank and charge it's fans the price of an expansion set. And of course you can't buy the sack of cheap Chinese products unless you first buy basically nothing for $40. I gaurantee it cost literally nothing to make any of that junk. And $40 for what? Watching an awkward host in between hours of Ad's, and some awkward devs tactically revealing as little as possible about every single game and topic they talk about?

I'll continue to enjoy your games, but you lost my respect long ago when you sold us all out and quit being one of the few companies that was truly devoted to its fans. I just like to put the screws to you bastards as often as possible, because you deserve so much worse.
    Uhm it's been 40 dollars for years.

Blizzard seems really intent on proving PT Barnum right.

been saying this for years... i'm sick to death of blizzard only catering to usa players... i am a 10 year player but because i live in australia i see no benifits of anything blizzard has ever offered... this crap should be free of charge to everyone who lives outside the usa... either that or hold the event in diffent countries for once so we all get a chance..... it's 2016 and we still have to pay usa dollars for everything if it's $15 usd for a sub for a month then it should be $15 au for sub.. after all it's all virtual not physical items!!!! and blizzard/activision really wonder why people gets sick of it and quit as we australians are paying more for the same stuff usa gets for half the price in our dollars... make the game even for eveyone for once.. it's been 10 years ...time to let go of usa get everything or you'll continue to go downhill very fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hadeswolf View Post
    been saying this for years... i'm sick to death of blizzard only catering to usa players... i am a 10 year player but because i live in australia i see no benifits of anything blizzard has ever offered... this crap should be free of charge to everyone who lives outside the usa... either that or hold the event in diffent countries for once so we all get a chance..... it's 2016 and we still have to pay usa dollars for everything if it's $15 usd for a sub for a month then it should be $15 au for sub.. after all it's all virtual not physical items!!!! and blizzard/activision really wonder why people gets sick of it and quit as we australians are paying more for the same stuff usa gets for half the price in our dollars... make the game even for eveyone for once.. it's been 10 years ...time to let go of usa get everything or you'll continue to go downhill very fast
    That's a whole lot of derp right there...