Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Demo nerfs are live

Demo warlocks have been just nerfed on 7.0.3 (22293)

When your Wild Imps cast Felfire Bolt, you have a 8% 2% chance to summon a Demon from the void to assist you in battle.

This is a nerf to our 4-set Hellfire Citadel tier token. This is a collosal nerf to our Wild Imps and overall DPS.

This is indirect nerf to:

- Demonbolt (because Demonbolt deals 20% increased damage for each Demon you have spawned, and we have ridiculously less Demons now)

- Fragment of the Dark Star class trinket (because it has x% chance to spawn Wild Imps when using Hand of Gul'dan, and Wild Imps are now less effective, because instead of 8% chance to summon Demon they have now just 2%, which is really close to 0%)

- Demonology Warlock's DPS is now little bit more RNG-based; whether 2% procs or not; 8% was much likely to proc

This nerf does not affect our DPS in legion!

Side note: I am boosting Archimonde Heroics, our kills usually last 1 minute 40 seconds ~ 2 minute 10 seconds. I used to do DPS around 175k up to even 220k and now I am doing 105k up to 135k. In my personal opinions, it is a huge nerf.

Side note 2: Call Dreadstalkers is still probably not viable to use in 7.0.3!! If someone did some in-depth testing, please enlighten us. In Legion this ability will be casted on cooldown, though!!

Side note 3: You still want to use Hand of Gul'dan with only one shard instead of 4 shards. It's a tremendous common mistake. In legion you will be using Hand of Gul'dan with four shards, though.

Special: We surely deserved the nerf. Doing so much DPS with pretty much 3 buttons wasn't alright. However, fire mages seems to be alright, right Blizzard?
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-07-27 at 02:20 AM.

Well that didn't last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    @Prepatch

Our 4-set token: 8% chance to summon Demon -> nerfed to 2%

It was good to be Arcane mage for almost a week !
    Won't matter all that much with the class trinket still being gloriously OP
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Won't matter all that much with the class trinket still being gloriously OP
    Still a pretty significant nerf, the class trinket was partially so OP because of the interaction it had with our 4 set. With so many imps casting so quickly thanks to Demonic Empowerment, that 8% equated to a LOT of Satyrs and Hellhounds. The Hellhounds were consistently top or top 2 on damage for Demo, so the reduction on the proc chance will impact us.

With the nerf to the 4 pc, is it worth casting Call Dreadstalkers now, due to the diminished spawning of Vicious Hellhounds for free from the set bonus?

15+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, Mages...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well. I was scared it would happen. And several people assured me they don't care enough about prepatch to do it.

Should have figured they'd think Warlocks were too OP to let it slide, but of course Mages are just fine.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Arcane useless are mega useless atm, fire mages are strong tho

Are there some official notes somewhere on this ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Are there some official notes somewhere on this ?
    Just log in:

I really cannot understand the reason for this nerf now, like it matters at all.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I really cannot understand the reason for this nerf now, like it matters at all.
    yeah i cant understand why blizzard doesnt allow Warlocks to do broken Dps with 3 Buttons lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Like everything Blizzard does, the reasoning is simple:

Because fuck you.

OT: Doing 20-30k less on ST, less effected on multitarget fights. Definitely feel the nerf though. The Hellhounds went from #2 on my damage breakdown to #6. I think 8->4% would have been a sufficient nerf, but this is just... I don't know. Feels terrible. /shrug

I mean it was blatantly overpowered but the fact that Blizzard decided to hotfix a nerf into irrelevant content is amusing.

Release is coming in like a month, I think there are other pressing issues that need a balance update not HFC Warlocks.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    yeah i cant understand why blizzard doesnt allow Warlocks to do broken Dps with 3 Buttons lol
    Yeah, like they totally cared to prevent this from happening for half a year. 1M dps arcane mage is absolutely not broken, I mind you, but God forbid demo locks to do some damage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RHIoIIpAwM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mb86gVELp0

Good to see blizz rushes to fix the things that are REALLY important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does not matter much really, still plenty strong with class trinket and it may make some warlocks try things like Destruction with Wreck Havoc which is pretty damn powerful as well.

All in all, it's futile anyway and maybe this nerf actually makes dreadstalkers worth it.

Deleted
    Don't you know only mages can be #1..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Don't you know only mages can be #1..
    Considering the fact that we literally had the biggest period in WoW history not so long ago when Warlocks were GOD tier, I think the above can be dismissed.

--

Just tried it, still doing fuckton of damage really, lower of course, but way ahead of other 2 specs for sure. I'd wish they buff other 2 so I won't feel pressured not to use them in raids until Legion.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-07-25 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Upside is you get to find out better what demo is like for Legion and therefore avoi dit