10+ Year Old Account

The reroll struggle is real

So, my new working hours allow me to raid again and even back in my old raid, but now i will be mage and i started to wonder what actually is the best race for a mage on Alliance?

Draenei gives you some extra on main stat.
    Dwarf gives 2% crit damage
    Human gives you 1% on all secondary stats (my personal guess is that human is the way to go)

Overall human stats sound pretty strong, but since fire mage is the way to go and you generally crit a lot as fire mage (since you NEED to crit), dwarf sounds pretty neato too, but i haven't done the math on it or found something on it either.

Another off topic question i have is: Does someone know when the raids will start after Legion launch?
    Sig by Thor

Deleted
    Tbh if u only play Fire mage go dwarf / human doesnt matter unless u play top 10-50^^

And the thing with the Raid openings is the same as WoD. after 3 Weeks emerald nightmare will open week after that mythic. And Nighthold will be released i think 3 1/2 - 4months after mythic Emerald dream is cleared, because they want more time this expansion between every raid so it has a natural draught

So far as I recall none of the racials make more than a tenth of one percent difference on spreadsheets. That said, there will be times when they do make a very very slim difference. I would go with personal taste (dwarf cus beards bro). Still if you insist on min/max the advice Wedris just gave is what I would say as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    the best in my opinion is human, 10% more rep :P pretty nice in a expansion were reps matter alot again

other then that yeah... the combat effecting racials is pathetic... play whatever race you want really...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the best in my opinion is human, 10% more rep :P pretty nice in a expansion were reps matter alot again

other then that yeah... the combat effecting racials is pathetic... play whatever race you want really...
    Quoted for the truth!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Yup. Human if anything just for the rep bonus. How we've gone 11 years and that trait has never been touched boggles my mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

I'd agree with this as well. Blizz has historically been generous with the Human racials.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're in a top 10 raiding guild that demands otherwise, just play the race that you like the most. The racial bonuses are so marginal you will never notice a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Unless you're in a top 10 raiding guild that demands otherwise, just play the race that you like the most. The racial bonuses are so marginal you will never notice a difference.
    Well, im from germany and my guild is in the top 50 german guilds and just out of personal playstyle and thinking i want to do max possible damage (otherwise i feel bad, my ego and stuff), so it is still human->dwarf then. I would've probably stayed human for a while longer anyway because of the nightfallen rep which is annoying to grind in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedris View Post
    Tbh if u only play Fire mage go dwarf / human doesnt matter unless u play top 10-50^^

And the thing with the Raid openings is the same as WoD. after 3 Weeks emerald nightmare will open week after that mythic. And Nighthold will be released i think 3 1/2 - 4months after mythic Emerald dream is cleared, because they want more time this expansion between every raid so it has a natural draught
    So, that would 21.9 then emerald nightmare? Hmm...good to know! Thanks!

Thanks a bunch for the opinions though!
    Sig by Thor