10+ Year Old Account

How do I turn off Glyphs now?

So I love the new glyph system that applies the glyphs directly to your spells, but I can't figure out how to disable or remove them from the spell.

Are they permanent (which would be silly) or can they be turned off/on once you get them?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I think this is the item you're looking for: http://www.wowhead.com/item=64670/va...eated-by-spell

use tome of the clear mind should remove them still

Not really relevant to this section, but I will try to summarise things.
    Glyphs are now consumables applied to en eligible spell in your spellbook.
    Any eligible spell can have only one glyph applied at a time to it.

There is no toggle option.
    You either replace the glyph, or use vanishing powder to remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Kind of sucks that in using the vanishing powder it just destroys the glyph so if you want to use it again, you have to either make one, or buy one each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    Kind of sucks that in using the vanishing powder it just destroys the glyph so if you want to use it again, you have to either make one, or buy one each time.
    That's how it used to work largely, and the sky was apparently falling when blizzard changed it to a non-consumable.
    We just have to get used to it.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

So i gotta carry a stack of different glyphs on top of the powder if i need switch glyphs between fights?

Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    So i gotta carry a stack of different glyphs on top of the powder if i need switch glyphs between fights?

Sounds legit.
    Most glyphs are cosmetic, and those that aren't are less likely to be needed to switch.
    Overwriting does not require the powder, only removal to revert to the default.

Apparently it was fine before when that issue was worse.