Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yeah I'm going to have to go with no on this one, its not like you ever chose where your attribute points went in this game its always been system regulated and now it doesnt even tell you how much more of X attribute you get when you level up, Talents were never this utopian free range meaningful system that you pretend it was. You put points into the same things as everyone else, no matter what if you were a paladin you took consecration from the holy tree, unless you were actually holy .. so meaningful.
    You had more than you do now. But yes, you're right.. this game really never has been stellar in regards to character building.... the difference is that it keeps getting a bit worse with every iteration. But hey, it could be worse, and classes could be gender locked ala BDO.

Deleted
    If you have 10 button rotation and you mess up one button, you did 90% of your game correctly.
    If you have 4 button rotation and you mess up one button, you did 75% of your game correctly.
    The mistakes players make with their rotations get worse with shorter rotations and its easier for great players to distinguish themselves from the good and the rest.
    If you want a game with a plenty of buttons, go play some turn-based game from the 90s and stop crying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes because a destro lock would tottalty use curse of agony, and drain soul, well a affliction would use incenerate and immolate.... also yes in pvp you used enslave demon, ritual of doom, summon infernal, all of the many useless curses and spells...
    I don't remember destro lock still being able to drain soul in WoD, the same goes from affliction locks with incinerate and immolate, if I recall well affliction warlocks were made unnable to use these abilities with WoD
    Ritual of doom was removed years ago, and you never could summon an infernal in rated PvP.
    Also, Warlock is just one class among 11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I agree. 3 buttons or bust. Deep gameplay.
    Please keep your moba garbage arguments away from MMORPG's please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Your goalpost-moving shitpostfest is getting annoying.

Not sure if its been addressed but half the spells in your spellbook in Vanilla were Rank 1/2/3/4/5 Abilities. A few posts back I read you say "You used em all in PvP." You must have been one of the worst, if not worst, PvPer if you used those shitty rank 1 spells

I'm ready for patch 8.0

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    2 pages where you use about 90% of the spells, better then 8 pages were you use 10%
    ^This, in summary. There were many bloat abilities that were used on rare occurrence.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

PvP required you to use 100% of your spells.
    I personnally like the class changes, but that argument is wrong since you'd always use almost all of your abilities in a PvP situation
    Pvp didnt not require all your skills LOL dont be silly, maybe if youre low rating sure, but once you get up in rating most people have 3 or 4 of the same ability on their action bars to be able to see things easier, and definitely do not use all skills, im not saying i agree with the pruning, but this was by far the most untrue statement ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    My lock at 70 had more spells than I had places for keybinds. It was getting silly the pruning needed to happen.
    This is how I felt with my warrior in pandaria. And in PvP having a macro that targetted a different thing for each ability put me to the point of having all available action slots bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen
    Your goalpost-moving shitpostfest is getting annoying.

Not sure if its been addressed but half the spells in your spellbook in Vanilla were Rank 1/2/3/4/5 Abilities. A few posts back I read you say "You used em all in PvP." You must have been one of the worst, if not worst, PvPer if you used those shitty rank 1 spells
    Downrank heals were used in PvE as I recall... Always a prot warrior though so I never had a reason to downrank. Didn't PvP in vanilla either beyond the occasional AV match though so I can't comment on that.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2016-07-26 at 12:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't think comparing to Vanilla is the thing to do. In Vanilla we had spell ranks, meaning you could choose to cast a spell at a lower rank. If a spell had 5 ranks that means you had 5 spells in the spellbook from just that spell.

Deleted
    Stop talenting into passives then, lol.

Look at these 5 spells. For the record these are everything in my spellbook plus two mounts and a trinket. This is also everything I use on the regular. So few abilities to use in my game

Wait. Let me guess before one of you post. Shamans are only 1 of the 11 Classes right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember destro lock still being able to drain soul in WoD, the same goes from affliction locks with incinerate and immolate, if I recall well affliction warlocks were made unnable to use these abilities with WoD
    Ritual of doom was removed years ago, and you never could summon an infernal in rated PvP.
    im talking about in vanilla.... i thought you were talking about vanilla when you said "you use 100% in pvp" cause you dident specify
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Downrank heals were used in PvE as I recall... Always a prot warrior though so I never had a reason to downrank. Didn't PvP in vanilla either beyond the occasional AV match though so I can't comment on that.
    Judging by OPs comments he isn't a healer.

uhh what of course you did you clown, you had 8-15 ranks of some things lol.

Have absolutely no pity for anyone complaining about the prune right now.
    You had such an incredibly long time to check out your class changes, and on top of that most specs have gained a ton of active abilities in talents and a much elevated pace of play.

Less rotational buttons, but more decisions per minute.
    Play the game seriously and you won't even notice a prune more than one night.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Judging by OPs comments he isn't a healer.
    Yea, probably not.

2 pages where you use about 90% of the spells, better then 8 pages were you use 10%
    But then why remove them if you dont use them often? Nifty tools makes the character much more fun to play. Like when you find out a cleaver way to use a certain spell you don't use often to overcome an encounter. There's really no harm to have a lot of spells. I could understand if people want pruning to happed if you have to bind too much, but that's been fixed already in previous patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Seriously the prune is painful. It was very exciting checking out the new animations and xmog system. Then I see that my spellbook only has 2 pages....

This isn't a big deal for PvE, but PvP it's going to suck. I will say I actually support getting rid of all the self healing.
    Even in pvp you used at best 10% of those spells. They removed useless spells and I say good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Oh yeah, bring back that deep Vanilla customization and gameplay where most of the CLASSES had only one viable talent build (=only one viable spec) and most of the rotations consisted of 1 or 2 spells. Those spells don't help much in the spellbook if they're not worth using.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    PvP required you to use 100% of your spells.
    I personnally like the class changes, but that argument is wrong since you'd always use almost all of your abilities in a PvP situation
    Yeah I remember smacking down with Eye of Kilrogg and Far Sight to get that sweet sweet advantage. Good times.