Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    They like to make small parts of the game only available to period of time when it matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but take this however you want.

It's because of statements like this and crying like this that Blizzard removes exclusivity from the game.

I remember back in Vanilla getting whispers like "awesome gear!" and "where is that from?!". Moreover I remember whispering people with those same questions. Nowadays every mook can get everything. Yeah, people who can put in the hours, can wreck in PvP, can smash the PvE content DESERVE to be unique. They worked for it. I don't wanna hear the "you're not a unique and beautiful snowflake", because noone is. What the hardcore players are are invested, determined, motivated. You take away that motivation and there's no reason to play. We play this game because it's fun, because it's an escape from reality, be it bullies in school, crap job, down on your luck, or whatever else. And some people just play it as nothing more but a pastime activity.

Think of it this way, you work for a big company and your yearly bonus is a company car. You worked hard, long hours, you earned it. And then next year the boss decides even the janitor gets one. Nice feeling? I think not. It's not about others being miserable so the invested players can feel unique or that they earned something, it's about respecting the people that put the time and effort in in the first place.

So stop with this constant and pointless whining, stop ruining the game.
    It's a video game, not your job. Next time, try to compare an apple to an apple. Not to a cucumber.

Everyone pays the same amount of money to play the game. Everyone should have the opportunity to be able to gain the rewards the game has to offer within the timeframes they are able to play it, be that people of your ilk who seem to practically live on their server or people that can only log on a few hours a week.

And nobody respects people that play World of Warcraft. They never did, and they never will. You should eliminate that word from your vocabulary entirely. You clearly have no clue what it's definition is.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Really, I can't care about anything in the game anymore because it's all just inconsequential data. What matters to me is the experiences I get between friends and enemies. Know what would make me care about my character's gear? If we had a dye system for our transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    So new players who start in Legion, just fuck them, right? Or players who are returning after quitting in Wrath or Cata.

Now they get to level through content where the story isn't fully told. That's just great design, ain't it?

But hey, you got yours, so fuck everyone else, amirite?
    New players who start in Legion, or returning players, will get their characters to level 100, and then immediately jump over to the Broken Shore questline to continue their trek to 110, probably stopping whatever part of the "storyline" they're on mid-quest, if they even bother questing; many will be doing dungeon finder or battlegrounds so they're not forced to "slog" through old content. Only a tiny fraction would ever care to go back and do all of the WoD end-game content. The Legendary questline, like the garrison missions, were all just there to keep you busy at level 100 for the length of the expansion.

And if they left them in the game? People would complain about doing them. Being "forced" to grind out 4968 Apexis Crystals in order to do the quest. Calling for increased drop rates on abrogator stones. Etc. That questline has some fun story elements, but also had a lot of keep-you-busy-for-a-few-weeks-at-100 grinding involved.

Well, I think it's obvious, the current dev team doesn't care much about old content, and just want to funnel everyone into the latest, with the character boost. It's easier, for one. No matter how much Ion talks about leveling being broken, their actions pretty much tell you all you need to know - if you want to play the previous expansions, they don't care. You're on your own. Didn't get the whole story? Tough luck - it was easier for them to rip the whole thing out than rebuild it with a non-legendary reward.
    It takes more effort to remove content than to leave it in. They should be funneling people into new content by making new content actually good and enjoyable, NOT by removing fun stuff from older expansions. If older expansions are more fun that your current content, then that means you failed as a content creator.

And even if THAT wasn't true, you've got a massive and diverse player-base that's interested in different things. Why do you think Nostralius happened? But instead of taking the time, effort, and money to support it, Blizzard would rather remove everything that doesn't fit their vision of they want players to play.

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    When the content is garbage collect of bunch of these tokens over and over again who cares anyway. WoD is the worst expansion to date and you cannot transmog legendaries anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Temporary content is good. This is not a single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a double edged sword, really. Removing the quest practically removed half or more of WoDs story, but the story is pretty terrible and I wouldn't want someone to suffer through it.

I don't feel as bad about pandaria's legendary questline as I do for WoD's, because in Pandaria it was a backstory to supplement the main story, but wasn't needed to see the whole picture, WoD's questline is 100% needed to understand what's going on.
    Last edited by CrossNgen; 2016-07-27 at 08:15 AM.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It can be played as one. That's what I do. But I don't understand how temporary content is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    It's a double edged sword, really. Removing the quest practically removed half or more of WoDs story, but the story is pretty terrible and I wouldn't want someone to suffer through it.

I don't feel as bad about pandaria's legendary questline as I do for WoD's, because in Pandaria it was a backstory to supplement the main story, but wasn't needed to see the whole picture, WoD's questline is 100% needed to understand what's going on.
    Exactly. The Battle for Undercity was a key part of the story for WotLK. Why was it removed?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what content? you mean the quests? because its unique? and its story you can find online, and the quests themselves are just meh, or ok at best
    Absolutely. Wowpedia and Youtube are a thing. No need to do any quests, read any books, or kill any expansion bosses like Arthas or Illidan.

Funny how this thread is all "Blizzard wants to favor special snowflakes" and the thread about MoP CM recolor sets is all "Blizzard wants to favor casuals who couldn't complete de CM sets !". There is always something wrong when they do something.

are people seriously bitching that their removing the ring questline after they were too lazy to do it the past 2 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Also it was never a secret that they were going to remove it, actually I believe they said it was going to be a WoD only quest before the expac even released

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    It can be played as one. That's what I do. But I don't understand how temporary content is a big deal.
    It can, but that doesn't mean it has to provide all its MMO content (seasonal content based around group play) for single players after the fact.

+10 internets for the best metal album of all time as an avatar

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think it's obvious, the current dev team doesn't care much about old content, and just want to funnel everyone into the latest, with the character boost. It's easier, for one. No matter how much Ion talks about leveling being broken, their actions pretty much tell you all you need to know - if you want to play the previous expansions, they don't care. You're on your own. Didn't get the whole story? Tough luck - it was easier for them to rip the whole thing out than rebuild it with a non-legendary reward.
    Despite the fact that they re-balanced lower levels specifically about a month ago and released a statement to say investigation into ways to make the low level experience better for everyone was ongoing.

If your character didn't play through the content what logical story driven reason would they have for obtaining the ring. The "story" of the legendary is based around the events of an expansion, which if you missed it, you and your character were not a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    This, pretty much. Even for "lone wolves", temporary content gives a much greater feeling of living/evolving world, instead of the usual inconsequential actions you can just do or repeat later. It gives a sense of time/timeline and unique experience that you just can't get if everything is static and do-able/repeatable later.

I'm not saying everything should be temporary, obviously, just saying it's ok/good that at least a few things are unique to the experience you had while current, especially in WoW which is already so static.

Now that's not to say that it can't ever be made replayable - ie if they ever do expansion specific seasonal/legacy servers, I'd be all up for all that removed content to be up again, of course.

Edit: Also not saying it can't remain in the game, it has to be removed! No, just exploring the positives about it being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    The cloak can’t be mogged into either and is not that visually distinctive from other cloaks as the prior legendary weapons, which are (except for Atiesh) still available.
    Just going to point out that this is false, the cloak CAN be mogged into, it's the only legendary that can be at this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Just going to point out that this is false, the cloak CAN be mogged into, it's the only legendary that can be at this time.
    Oh didn't know. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    The quest was available for what? Two years?

If you didn't do it during that time oh well. Try for whatever they have going in the next expansion.
    Other Legendary quests have been in for longer and still are.

Why remove these two.

I think its problematic that they remove/removed them. The ring and cloak are still relevant in current/legion/future content due to timewalking.