Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Right?

I don't get what you are getting at?

I wasn't the poster referring to them holding a country.
    Im not sure if you're just playing dumb now to try cover your backtrack or if you're actually confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Take your immigrant-fearing brainmush somewhere else and stop pretending you're as smart as others or are an authority on logic.
    Your logic is pretty much flaweless:

And after proving that you're too obtuse(and overal too narrow-minded) to understand what I'm trying to say, even with simple, easy to understand words. I'm no longer going to discuss with you. You're just shit-posting and I'm sorry, but I don't want to waste my time for someone who does that. It's like talking to a kid who closes his ears with his hands and sing or scream "lalalala".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The first two points feel mutually exclusive, the third is simply untrue.
    I hate to break the rules and discuss moderation... but I have been banned for linking to the Quran in the past on this very same subject. Are we allowed to do so now or is it something we should still actively avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Then why were you quoting me?
    Quite redundant post for that matter....

I told the poster how occupying the territory doesn't make it the occupiers country.
    But controlling territory is one pre-requisite for being seen as a state/country:
    "The state as a person of international law should possess the following qualifications: (a) a permanent population; (b) a defined territory; (c) government; and (d) capacity to enter into relations with the other states."

Isis has no capacity to enter into relations with other states - since no other state recognizes it (at least not as a state). The other criteria are less clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Ok.
    It is not THEIR territory. It is not THEIR land.
    The territory occupied by IS belongs to Syria and Iraq.

Jesus lord... really.. Are you on some meds or something?
    Why does that require more than one post?
    That's fucking crystal clear.
    No one acknowledges IS territory as their land, No one acknowledges the Caliphate.
    What part of No One is so hard to understand?
    Not you Xan... He.. PM - or anyone who doesn't grasp it
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-07-26 at 10:50 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Not necessarily...
    If someone arrives at the conclusion that all Muslims are crazy, because a few of them committing crimes.
    I don't need to have all my neighbors crazy in order to not like them and to not TRUST them. It's enough that only some of them are crazy (too many actually for my taste). How can I trust any Muslim and why would I? ANYONE of them might just blow up in your face. This has nothing to do with bashing, it's the simple FACT that you can't determine who is a potential terrorist and who isn't. The intelligence agencies that do these things professionally are incapable to determine that also. "Meh, we had not idea he's a terrorist, he was a little quiet, but that's not a crime. Sorry bout that". KA-BOOM!

Im not sure if you're just playing dumb now to try cover your backtrack or if you're actually confused.
    I am legitimately confused. I knew they never held a country but I felt it far to point out they did hold territories... I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    100% of gun related crimes involved guns?

Since no other faith includes being rewarded in the afterlife if you take your own life and kill others in the process, that is kinda obvious.

It would be more hilarious if a crime for religious resaons was carried out by an atheist.

- - - Updated - - -

Terrorism has just become a buzzword. just like SJWs. Hell, now feminists are suddenly nazis - as in "femnazis". Or you are a grammar nazi. Something you can just apply to anything, that causes your county discomfort and where you cause a big reaction.

And to correct you on your signature: We called already the RAF (Rote Armee Fraktion) "terrorists" (left-wing terrorists) and they were all germans (no idea about their religion, but if they had any, it was christians). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction
    I always think of the IRA but then again one man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It just depends on who wins as to what history will call you.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I am legitimately confused. I knew they never held a country but I felt it far to point out they did hold territories... I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    Then why argue with someone that says the lands IS holds is not a country. The only logical explanation is that you feel IS is a country, or you'd not disagree with the original quote.

Can you point me to that part please?
    In fact, I am pretty sure, I said the exact opposite.
    The religion has nothing to do with terrorism.
    The religion is used as a tool to brainwash mentally vulnerable people into acts they would normally never do.
    And those acts would be actually forbidden by their very religion.

Instead, if you're really interested in answers, you'd have to go down a whole different road. Have to look at a lot of different house numbers.
    This has a lot more to do with things like: oppression, inequality, inhuman living qualities, wars, poverty, health problems.. and then some.
    Religion is only the scapegoat.
    Explain?
    The statement still holds true..
    1. Brainwashed into actions the suspect usually wouldn't do..
    2. The actions forbidden by the very scripture he followed.
    And to throw a healthy dose of hypocrisy in the mix.
    3. Our suspect was a regular visitor of said venue.

So, yeah, if anything, the uncomfortable truth is that the religion serves as the scapegoat. Which makes those who fall for it, about as intelligent as those mentally disturbed radicals who also don't raise questions about the bigger picture. Who too take it at face value.
    Only difference, for them it is you who is the biggest piece of shit walking the earth. For you it's them.
    Both come from the same motive, from the same train of thoughts, just from the opposite end of the train.
    And both of you riding the wrong train...
    I should have said the word imply, and could have swore that I did, my bad on that part. However, looking at these posts you have made, you are going out of the way to clear religion of any blame. And if you do that, you cannot hold that Islam has a problem with extremism. Islamist extremism by its very nature is religious, and is used as the driver for Islamist terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right?

I don't get what you are getting at?

I wasn't the poster referring to them holding a country.
    You defended him.

Deleted
    The religion has nothing to do with terrorism.
    The religion is used as a tool to brainwash mentally vulnerable people into acts they would normally never do.
    And those acts would be actually forbidden by their very religion.

Instead, if you're really interested in answers, you'd have to go down a whole different road. Have to look at a lot of different house numbers.
    This has a lot more to do with things like: oppression, inequality, inhuman living qualities, wars, poverty, health problems.. and then some.
    Religion is only the scapegoat.
    You have no clue

Then why argue with someone that says the lands IS holds is not a country. The only logical explanation is that you feel IS is a country, or you'd not disagree with the original quote.
    I felt it was being overly dismissive. Yes they are not a country but they do hold territories with armies.

I wanted to point out they are not some small rebel group.

The answer is simple, suicide attacks are sold as a good thing to many desperate Muslims. Most Christians live in wealthier nations, and have better tools and tactics at their disposal. Suicide attacks and terrorism are better employed by those at a strategic, population, or military disadvantage. Christians have bigger guns, and control more powerful governments. They use bombers, drones, and the United States Marine Corps.

You defended him.
    I did. He was wrong but not by such a large margin that he warranted a utter dismissal.

I felt it was being overly dismissive. Yes they are not a country but they do hold territories with armies.

I wanted to point out they are not some small rebel group.
    But the post you quoted had the words "Occupied territories" in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The answer is simple, suicide attacks are sold as a good thing to many desperate Muslims.
    Indeed. You really feel for all of those engineers, doctors, computer scientists etc who commit suicide attacks. What other alternatives did they have in life? They had nothing. No hope, no opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I should have said the word imply, and could have swore that I did, my bad on that part. However, looking at these posts you have made, you are going out of the way to clear religion of any blame. And if you do that, you cannot hold that Islam has a problem with extremism. Islamist extremism by its very nature is religious, and is used as the driver for Islamist terrorism.
    I clear the religion? Yes.. If you insist.
    If the religion was the problem, we'd have 1.6 billion lunatics coming after us. We'd be at the brink of, if not already in World War 3.
    The actions of a few hundred or even a few thousand do not represent 1.6 billion people.
    Instead, as I said already.. The religion serves as a tool to mislead mentally weak, or even ill people.
    And all it takes is ONE person to mislead a whole lot of people.
    You don't need Muslims to find that this is true, since it's human nature.
    Does Waco Siege ring a bell?

But the post you quoted had the words "Occupied territories" in it...
    We are going in circles now. They do hold territories just not a entire country.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are going in circles now. They do hold territories just not a entire country.
    The latter isn't relevant really.
    What is however relevant, whether occupied territory is acknowledged by other nations as the legal territory, as the land of the occupants.
    Neither Syria nor Iraq surrendered any inch of that territory. Both uphold their sovereignty. And the international community agrees.