Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    How is this interesting at all? He wanted a plane that he could use to campaign for Hillary (read against Trump). What's the big deal?
    Yeah, why people think he should foot the bill to help her and then try to make news out of it is crazy. Then again in the first line it says they considered it, not they did it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jillnothill View Post
    Yea after reading the memo is really made me see what I was hoping was not true old sell out sanders was a wolf in sheeps clothing aka the youth-whisperer to get votes for Hillary.
    Luckily, his supporters seem more for his "revolution" than he is. Bernie or Bust: Useful people now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    You should be a DJ with that much spin.
    How is that spin? It's exactly what's going on. Bernie may not have any great love for Clinton, but he knows that Trump is far, far worse, and that if Clinton doesn't win, it will be because Trump did win. It's responsible and pragmatic for him to campaign for Hillary at this point.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That just shows how much he doesn't want Trump in office. He would rather have the person that either cheated or benefited from cheating to win over Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

He could, he wouldn't win anything. More over running as a 3rd party means the electors in the state would just pick who they wanted even if he won the state.
    Which is crazy to me. I'd slam the shit out of the DNC for fucking me if I were him. It just shows the vast political corruption.

As to your second quote that shows how fucked our system is even more. We've got to get someone in there who will fix that shit.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    How is that spin? It's exactly what's going on. Bernie may not have any great love for Clinton, but he knows that Trump is far, far worse, and that if Clinton doesn't win, it will be because Trump did win. It's responsible and pragmatic for him to campaign for Hillary at this point.
    Sanders backing a utterly corrupt politician and system doesn't exactly give me any respect for him.

I hope his efforts backfire immensely.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shows he is a fraud. He never wanted a "revolution." And he never was against the "elite."
    He wanted a revolution within the democratic party to move the party to the left. Which is what he got.

Apparently all you have listened to is the reported rhetoric and not what Sanders has actually been saying all along. A problem I suspect a lot of his "supporters" also have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Sanders
    "I don't believe that she is qualified if she is, through her super PAC, taking tens of millions of dollars in special interest funds. I don't think that you are qualified if you get $15 million from Wall Street through your Super PAC. I don't think you are qualified if you have voted for the disastrous war in Iraq. I don't think you are qualified if you've supported virtually every disastrous trade agreement, which has cost us millions of decent-paying jobs.
    "

VS

Quote Originally Posted by Sellout Bernie Sanders
    "Any objective observer will conclude that -- based on her ideas and her leadership -- Hillary Clinton must become the next president of the United States,"
    Nope he did not sell out

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanders backing a utterly corrupt politician and system doesn't exactly give me any respect for him.

I hope his efforts backfire immensely.
    He's backing an establishment career politician in order to defeat a fascist, and quite possibly the most dangerous man in the world today.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's realism.
    The system won't change.
    And if it ever changes, it won't be before November.
    So you have two options: Hillary or Trump.
    Doesn't mean he shouldn't fight it.

Unless I've missed it he hasn't even condemned the DNC for what they did.

I understand he hates Trump. But what he should do, in my opinion, is say something like, "I don't want Trump to win so I'm endorsing Hillary. But even more so the DNC needs to be held accountable for any and all corruption that obviously took place. They are a disgrace and things need to get fixed."
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Which is crazy to me. I'd slam the shit out of the DNC for fucking me if I were him. It just shows the vast political corruption.

As to your second quote that shows how fucked our system is even more. We've got to get someone in there who will fix that shit.
    I agree, but he clearly doesn't think Trump is that person, many don't. You can't blame them since Trump is making money off of his running. As much as he liked to brag about paying for it himself, he loaned his campaign the money, with interest, and has now started paying himself back with donations made by others. It is all smoke and mirrors on both sides.

My respect for him wasn't super high to begin with but it's all but gone now that he is backing that woman and more importantly backing the very system that fucked him.
    Well it's either back her and hope for the best. Or not back her, which would help Trump, and hope for the best.

Both are lose-lose situations, but since he used the Democratic Party to get his message out there the least he could do is back the Democratic nominee...

Bernie Sanders: A man who said the system was rigged, was correct the system was rigged, and now is endorsing the person who rigged it.

Yep; he has no self-respect and is a doormat.

Would have made an excellent president!
    Yeah, I could have gotten behind Sanders, simply because he wasn't Clinton or Trump but a person who doesn't stand by his own principles should not be a leader. But then again I could say the same about Hillary and Trump.

Ted DiBiase's old slogan comes to mind: Everyone has a price.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't fight it.

Unless I've missed it he hasn't even condemned the DNC for what they did.

I understand he hates Trump. But what he should do, in my opinion, is say something like, "I don't want Trump to win so I'm endorsing Hillary. But even more so the DNC needs to be held accountable for any and all corruption that obviously took place. They are a disgrace and things need to get fixed."
    He is in a no win situation though. If he slams the DNC then it helps Trump and gives the GoP fuel for their anti Hillary/DNC fire. So he has to just grin and bear it or wait to make a fuss about it after the election, sadly by then nobody will want to listen anymore and will have little reason to act.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but he clearly doesn't think Trump is that person, many don't. You can't blame them since Trump is making money off of his running. As much as he liked to brag about paying for it himself, he loaned his campaign the money, with interest, and has now started paying himself back with donations made by others. It is all smoke and mirrors on both sides.
    Oh I know it. I'm sure the RNC is just as fucked. I hate our whole system.

But at the same time I'd prefer Trump to make money off his own campaign because he funded it then take money from every donor around while playing up their rhetoric.

Trumps an ass but at least he stands for what he believes. I'd rather that than flip floppy Hillary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jillnothill View Post
    "

VS

Nope he did not sell out
    All that shows is that he prefers Hillary over Trump. It doesn't mean that he suddenly think that she's the best politician in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Well it's either back her and hope for the best. Or not back her, which would help Trump, and hope for the best.

Both are lose-lose situations, but since he used the Democratic Party to get his message out there the least he could do is back the Democratic nominee...
    Yeah I understand that mentality. But it's so backwards as to be crazy to me. Instead of going with the status quo they need to be pushing for new and different. Because look where the status quo has gotten us: Clinton and Trump. Yay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    He could do that.
    But that wouldn't convince his followers to vote against Trump.

That's patriotism.
    Even though a political party fucked you over, you're not going to screw the country out of some petty revenge.

You'd need a revolution to change that system.
    The people who have the power to change the system have that power because of the system, they are never going to change it.
    I know it. Which is sad. Frankly they've been given too much power and they know it. They know that nothing can or will be done against them.

Oh I know it. I'm sure the RNC is just as fucked. I hate our whole system.

But at the same time I'd prefer Trump to make money off his own campaign because he funded it then take money from every donor around while playing up their rhetoric.

Trumps an ass but at least he stands for what he believes. I'd rather that than flip floppy Hillary.
    Trump is flip floppy too, pro choice/pro life, for Muslim/anti Muslim, against guns/for guns, the list goes on and on, he tailors his talking points to the crowd he is in front of knowing he makes so much noise that in the big picture people wont filter through the nonsense.

He is just more against Trump the Hillary. When facing 2 awful choices you sometimes have to pick the lesser of two evils.
    Trump is the lesser of two evils.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is in a no win situation though. If he slams the DNC then it helps Trump and gives the GoP fuel for their anti Hillary/DNC fire. So he has to just grin and bear it or wait to make a fuss about it after the election, sadly by then nobody will want to listen anymore and will have little reason to act.
    Frankly I'd rather deal with 4-8 years of Trump while clearing house and exposing the corruption in the DNC (and RNC too I'm sure) because that is more important than whatever douchebaggery Trump can come up with during his tenure.