Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

I don't like the new disc.

Do you guys think disc will be like this all of legion or will blizz will change it if they get enough negative feedback?

Best way to put this is NO. They will tweak some numbers maybe some other small changes to classes but I highly doubt any sweeping changes will be made to any of the classes throutout legion unless they have really messed up numbers tuning which i doubt. Maybe its time to try another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Do you guys think disc will be like this all of legion or will blizz will change it if they get enough negative feedback?
    Maybe you want to elaborate on the reasons why you dislike disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Maybe you want to elaborate on the reasons why you dislike disc?
    Not sure why that is relevant, i just dont like its design overall.

Not sure why that is relevant, i just dont like its design overall.
    Because maybe your playing it wrong, maybe your using your abilities wrong. Why don't you like disc? What bothers you? The real question is why bother coming on here asking a question and then getting kinda snotty when someone asks for why you don't like it.

It should be a shield focused spec, they messed up with atonement (and i bet because it was hard to balance, they made atonement for them not us).

It should be a shield focused spec, they messed up with atonement (and i bet because it was hard to balance, they made atonement for them not us).
    All of this is your opinion. Atonement works fine (if youre not doing at least 30k dps and 40k hps youre playing it wrong).

- - - Updated - - -

Also: What does this sentence even mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    All of this is your opinion. Atonement works fine (if youre not doing at least 30k dps and 40k hps youre playing it wrong).
    I never mentioned anything about numbers or how it is performing, i said i dislike the mechanics behind it.

It means exactly that, they turned disc into a steaming pile so it was easier for them to balance.....my belief is that disc has been long hated by the developers because of how hard it was to tune properly.

I never mentioned anything about numbers or how it is performing, i said i dislike the mechanics behind it.

It means exactly that, they turned disc into a steaming pile so it was easier for them to balance.....my belief is that disc has been long hated by the developers because of how hard it was to tune properly.
    It wasn't exactly hard to tune. You had shields and they had a certain amount of "healing".
    Now you have damage which gets turned into healing, but there's also dps trinkets to factor in and dmg buffs (which only Dpriests benefit from, as opposed to other healers).

Old disc was way too easy to play, and there was no real difference between a good and a bad player in terms of healing output.

You're also literally the first person who I've seen mention anything negative about Disc.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

It wasn't exactly hard to tune. You had shields and they had a certain amount of "healing".
    Now you have damage which gets turned into healing, but there's also dps trinkets to factor in and dmg buffs (which only Dpriests benefit from, as opposed to other healers).

Old disc was way too easy to play, and there was no real difference between a good and a bad player in terms of healing output.

You're also literally the first person who I've seen mention anything negative about Disc.
    I find that hard to believe, really hard to believe.

Yeah I haven't seen anyone else complain either. And when OP comes on here and complains about it not being about shields anymore when literally no class has shields anymore... This new identity for disc seems to be a decent one with some depth.

the problem with disc has always been the same: healing with absorbs is a shitty mechanic almost impossible to balance around, why heal if you can prevent all damage? An absorb is always better than a heal for the simple reason that it doesnt make your health spike up an down, so either it is overpowered or shitty.

blizzard has finally given up trying to balance around that and has made a completely new type of healer taking into account what they learned from damage dealer Mistweaver. IMHO its is much more fun than simply shielding every1 like the old disc, true that the new one is a big raid healer and maybe even burst raid healer and cant perform some roles the old one could, like focusing heals on ppl and tank healing. the new disc is a new approach to raid healing, but it maintains some mechanics of the old one for example anticipating when damage will occur:

Lets say the boss casts every 30s a skill that does 30% dmg to the entire raid. before you would have starting shielding everybody some 15secs before the skill in order to negate it completely if your shields absorbed >30%. now you start putting atonements on everybody(with radiance not plea, have seen enough shitty disc doing that ) and after the dmg you proc your artifact+halo while facerolling your smite/penitence rotation or just going afk till the next big aoe while your dots heal everybody up(granted multiple targets for multidoting)

the end result is the same, while being more engaging and being far easier compared to absorbs to balance around, but dont get me wrong you still retain some unitarget healing, shadow mend and the shield, it just isnt as good anymore and you can forget tank healing in raids, paladins and shamans are much better for that. simply put priest now have 2 raid healing specs, one for sustained raid dmg and another for burst raid dmg, while both can perform both rolles good enough

Not sure how you can just throw out numbers as a bar to reach without mentioning @ what ilevel. Gear plays a big part in DPS.

I mained my Discipline priest for WoD, I personally enjoyed the absorbs playstyle although I know some did not. Im not really a fan of the Legion Discipline priest and I dont think its going to be that strong for progression. Im not complaining, it just means im just moving on to other classes/specs, gonna tank in legion instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    I mained my Discipline priest for WoD, I personally enjoyed the absorbs playstyle although I know some did not. Im not really a fan of the Legion Discipline priest and I dont think its going to be that strong for progression. Im not complaining, it just means im just moving on to other classes/specs, gonna tank in legion instead.
    Yup thats what im doing as well, MW monk it is for me (they nailed MW and WW, two best designed specs in the entire game)

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Not sure how you can just throw out numbers as a bar to reach without mentioning @ what ilevel. Gear plays a big part in DPS.
    Anyone who has an opinion on Dpriest should have at least BiS normal gear, or they simply don't know anything about how Dpriest is for raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Kinda hard to make that claim right now. At this moment my Dpriest is outhealing all other healers and doing an additional 30k+ dps on all fights. Seems pretty strong for progression (pushing phases/mechanics, which was a very big part of progression in HFC).
    Beta doesn't have a much clearer model either, considering there's still gonna be legendaries etc to take into account.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup thats what im doing as well, MW monk it is for me (they nailed MW and WW, two best designed specs in the entire game)
    Yeah because doing literally 2 times as much effort to do mediocre damage was well designed.
    The current spec isn't even that different.

WW didn't receive many changes because they got it right the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I enjoyed when Disc was regarded as "Support Healers" in past expansions, so I kinda like that they went back to this. However, that was before Mythic and CM Dungeons. A support class can't really handle these things and it forces Disc Priests to change specs. I'm also optimistic that Raids in Legion will want a support class, since the damage isn't what it used to be, and a class that can't heal as efficiently as the others, really has no place.

Before, you'd always get your main healers and get your Disc (off-healer), but I don't see that happening again now, so it makes me wonder what will happen to the spec...
    Well right now Disc is putting out more HPS than any other spec and doing a very big amount of DPS.
    It depends entirely on how good you are.

Maybe disc is ok for PVE, but it's not for PVP. Maybe I'll have to change my spec for the first time ever. Makes me wanna cry. I'm so attached to disc, I was so excited to live the "class fantasy" as they promised and now I don't even recognize my main char.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's not what I've been reading or watching. Last video I saw on all the Healing classes in Beta was done by this youtuber:

Yeah, I've seen the video.
    First of all: that video was uploaded many balance changes ago (disc got a few buffs/changes).
    Second: She's making A LOT of assumptions based on nothing. She says Disc is not going to be able to heal 5 man mythics at lvl 110? Did she do any of those dungeons herself? Did she actually use proper talents there, unlike in the video where she wrongly uses star and castigation?