Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I agree with OP, discipline priest new mechanics are bad. Spec got changed completely so it has almost nothing in common with old spec.

Good news is I love new holy. It feels like pre-Cataclysm holy spec that I used to love and raided as main for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first picked it up in beta...I hated it...like really hated it. I gave it another shot in the pre-patch, it is very quickly growing on me. It is really not hard to track your atonement buffs and you can have like super hots on the tank with like 6 things dotted. I mean it is not perfect, I would like for something like PW:B applies atonement to everyone inside the Barrier, Possibly like a tick renewal of the attonement buff every second while it is up, do peoplce can dip in and out for the buff for that few seconds.. That would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Disc Priests were like this pre-Cata, so it's not really "new" and Monks weren't the first hybrid healing style.
    What do you mean they were like this pre-cata? Disc was a very strong tank healer pre-cata (I still miss that playstyle and don't understand why Blizzard abandoned it), until they turned to crap during ICC and became bubblebots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    When I first picked it up in beta...I hated it...like really hated it. I gave it another shot in the pre-patch, it is very quickly growing on me. It is really not hard to track your atonement buffs and you can have like super hots on the tank with like 6 things dotted. I mean it is not perfect, I would like for something like PW:B applies atonement to everyone inside the Barrier, Possibly like a tick renewal of the attonement buff every second while it is up, do peoplce can dip in and out for the buff for that few seconds.. That would be fun
    PW:Barrier is already by far far far...(repeating of course) the best healing cooldown in the game. There's got to be a limit somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    PW:Barrier is already by far far far...(repeating of course) the best healing cooldown in the game. There's got to be a limit somewhere.
    Tranquility is still king of healing CDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonia View Post
    Completely agree - the other healers are playing terribly. I mean the holy priest took Circle of healing and also only cast prayer of mending 3 times the entire fight and only cast renew 4 times.
    Circle of Healing isn't a poor choice in a fair number of situations, and you should never be casting Renew anyway. Just FYI.

They turned disc into a somewhat skillful, dynamic healing spec with lots of engaging gameplay and the people who took it because it was impossible to fail with are upset - no news there. I love everything they've done with healing so far in Legion - it's finally starting to feel like you can stand out as a good player again in that role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen the video.
    First of all: that video was uploaded many balance changes ago (disc got a few buffs/changes).
    Second: She's making A LOT of assumptions based on nothing. She says Disc is not going to be able to heal 5 man mythics at lvl 110? Did she do any of those dungeons herself? Did she actually use proper talents there, unlike in the video where she wrongly uses star and castigation?
    Sorry, just to check, isn't Castigation a good choice in that tier? Or is it that Schism is better for raiding? I was under the impression it cost too much mana for the short benefit (I can't watch the video where I am).

Disc was a support class prior to Cata and they weren't really bubble bots for an entire raid until after Wrath. When you filled your raid you got your main healers and then you found your off-healer (Disc). They were there to add damage and healing, which is what they're doing with the class now. I believe a Pally was much more preferred back then for tank healing, but Disc was decent at it, so long as they did keep bubbles up on the tanks.
    Not trying to be rude but this is just completely false. Disc Priests did not do meaningful damage in Wrath. If you actually were DPSing as a Disc Priest you should have been sitting for a real DPS because clearly your healing was unnecessary.

Disc Priest in mid-late Wrath played very similar to WoD; shield spam. Just like WoD this was so powerful that your healing raid comp was built around a Disc Priest. For certain mechanics on fights like Heroic Anub'arak or Heroic Lich King having a Disc Priest was almost mandatory or else you were making the encounter way way harder. We actually ran two Disc Priest to trivialize certain mechanics in progression.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Blizzard has come out and specifically said (back in the big community interviews they had) that they are perfectly fine with people not liking the new Disc. That is why they did it to priests and not to Monk (who had the hybrid style first during MoP) because if you don't like it then go Holy.

So no, complaining about it will not help unless you have legitimate issues with how certain spells interact with the kit and fantasy of Disc priests.
    so let me get this straight: blizz turned disc intentionally into absolut clusterfuck so as few people as possible will play it and the ones who play it will constantly be at 200% and bend over backwards to achieve the same in situations where other healer just roll their heads over the keyboard. and the best of it is that the disc player will defend the new disc to their grave because that way they don't have to admit to their poor choice of specc and class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    so let me get this straight: blizz turned disc intentionally into absolut clusterfuck so as few people as possible will play it and the ones who play it will constantly be at 200% and bend over backwards to achieve the same in situations where other healer just roll their heads over the keyboard. and the best of it is that the disc player will defend the new disc to their grave because that way they don't have to admit to their poor choice of specc and class.
    It's incredibly fun and rewarding to play.

No other healer achieves what Disc does so you're just wrong there. Fistweaver is the only one that might, but if they want to optimize that playstyle "rolling their heads over the keyboard" is very far from the truth.

Atonement needs a longer buff duration, like at least 20 seconds baseline. Whenever I start dpsing, I always feel like "gotta go back to buffing". Weaving spells in practice is a lot of busywork and becomes draining on more demanding fights. That being said, I like the feeling of landing the right buffs on the correct people and healing a ton.

Disc is much more manageable in dungeons and smaller groups, but 20-man is a hassle getting the right buffs on the right people to do the healing you want. None of the other healers are held hostage by a 15-second buff (which is more like 5-7 second window of dpsing).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    Disc isn't a pure healing spec in legion, it's a "support" spec.
    The reason they chose to give it to Priest is because they had TWO healing specs. Now they have 1, and a hybrid.
    As Gorsameth said, if you don't like it, go Holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Absorb healing is an awful mechanic and the only people who want it back are bad players who want to easily top charts. I'm glad that Blizzard finally realized this and changed disc to not being a plague on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    Atonement needs a longer buff duration, like at least 20 seconds baseline. Whenever I start dpsing, I always feel like "gotta go back to buffing". Weaving spells in practice is a lot of busywork and becomes draining on more demanding fights. That being said, I like the feeling of landing the right buffs on the correct people and healing a ton.

Disc is much more manageable in dungeons and smaller groups, but 20-man is a hassle getting the right buffs on the right people to do the healing you want. None of the other healers are held hostage by a 15-second buff (which is more like 5-7 second window of dpsing).
    Yea, I would like a longer Atonement buff too, feels like it ends too quickly for me to do any DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    It should be a shield focused spec, they messed up with atonement (and i bet because it was hard to balance, they made atonement for them not us).
    Considering Blizzard has stated that shields are OP and they do not like that design for healing going forward, it will never be a shield based spec anymore. Pretty much everyone knew long ago that shields were too powerful, and expected them to reign in this style of play.

Renew is something you should being using on "low to medium" damage now. It's like your filler spell if you think the damage is more than Heal can handle, or if you just don't have the time to cast it.
    Renew is worth less HPS and HPM than Flash Heal; it's cost is too high for the poor healing it does. There are only two situations in which you should be casting it: keeping it up on tanks/priority targets, or you're moving and can't cast anything else. Any logs where you see it doing significant healing are a result of Benediction.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-07-27 at 07:47 AM.

I don't think disc is bad, but the delivery is. Something to do with the change to combat text didn't help either, the spells sound weak... If it wasn't for HPS/DPS meter you'd think you were just pissing in the wind.

Most other classes have amazing sound effects, even if you suck, you feel like you're doing something, where as priest feels unfinished.

I'm usually top heals, or top 3 anyways; however it feels as if I am failing all the time as a healer. /shrug
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only discs we'll see in progression are those that main shadow and go offspec on certain fights, there is no reason why you would take a disc as main healer over a druid/shaman.

Absorbs are the only reason disc was so valuable, not to say they won't be viable in legion, it's just too lackluster in comparison with other classes. To the people that are saying this is difficult it's nonsense, it is a joke to play. The difficulty is in the fact that healing assignments are needed, consider;

WoD - Prepare PwS for raid damage, damaged comes in, damage absorbed. Healing assignments we're not so necessary as you could easily discern who needed the shielding (pretty much everyone) before the damage comes in, no wasted healing.

7.0 - Preparing atonement, damage comes in, smite/penance etc. Only difference is that you need atonement on the people that are going to take the "most" damage in order to get the full benefit of their atonement. The problem with this is that it is very easy to get sniped and the setup time is wasted.

Obviously the above is a simple way of explaining it but it's the principle. The difficulty is not in playing the spec, it's making sure your other healers are not wasting your atonement and focusing on others and having healing assignments, which brings me to the whole point of why a disc is practically pointless in raid when you can just have shamans/druids pumping out ludicrous aoe healing.

My real concern, as stated above, is that now we are punished aven harder for not antecipating damage as in WoD. And on top of that PW:R has a slow cast and by the time you get around 10~12 ppl with atonement (using PW:S, Plea at up to 6 targets and then PW:R) to start doing damage, the first buffs applyed are already falling off.

I think they either have to increase Atonement buff duration or reduce cast time of PW:R.