Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ele isnt that bad. If you spec right youre a lava burst torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    While the shadow gives good results in any kind of group pvp, he does not feel finished yet. Voidform needs to be instant - numbers will be fixed anyways with templates. I mean specs need to be fluent to play too, not just give good results and thats it.
    Well i cant judge there since i am a melee player and a melee lover =), to me personally all casters should do 0 dmg, have 0 d-cds and very poor mobility aka an auto win for melee =) but thats just me with my biased and totally unfair opinion =)

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    Ele isnt that bad. If you spec right youre a lava burst torrent.
    What's the right spec then?
    I tried mixing and matching, with Icefury working the best, but I still hardcast a lot and outside roots and frost shock - gust of wind you just get tunneled and die after casting the measly 30k LB.

Tested frost mage, fire mage, all DK specs, fury, arms, all warlock specs.

For me, so far, the worst by far is Fury warrior. Holy shit what a frustrating piece of shit spec.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

As a mage I can't beat any feral. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    You want to check out assassin's rupture burst with exsanguinate it does 1-2 mio burst on a boss target right now at lvl100 and enough burst to kill anyone without block or bubble in pvp.

Heck, i also did 8 mythic 5mans and had always 80% of the damage done with that on all the bosses, while others had not much of a chance to deal any damage, i was merely in conquest pvp gear.

Pretty overtuned, if used with a vanish and 6 combo points + that ability that gives +25% so its multiplicated to 75% more dmg or even more, something is wrong here anyways. And it does not even scale with mastery at all.

However, you are a 1 shot kamikaze ninja in pvp situations, using your only vanish without preperation that got removed - so you are just in for the kill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the guy who thinks shadowpriest is bad:

btw, shadowpriests are pvp gods, especially with pvp talents and artifact weapon later check them out before complaining, of course that does not mean void form should not be instant. This spec is just the old demo meta warlock you know, same mechanics just with more cast time, which of course sucks.

The problems are more in mobility to pve bosses not so much pvp though, in prepatch bgs they lead the charts in kills and dmg and feel good to play, too, as long as you avoid pve like the plague.
    that is why i don't get why people moan so much about Assassination.. it does what it's supposed to.. not like you can run into a group of players and take them all on. it's good for 1v1 encounters and that's it.

Ele shaman. They are fun to play tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Yeh i noticed that some Rogue specs are crap (aka combat, but maybe i didnt meet any1 who is good @ that spec) but other 2 specs are very good. I think i did 3s with an assassin rogue and he always out dpsed my ret by good 20-30% of my dmg which is insane to me, because i usually always out dps rogues in skrimishes after pre-legion patch was released.

Oh i totally agree that Shadows will be good in Rated pvp, i experienced 1st hand how hard they hit if some1 peels you, their dmg is very very impressive, i think only 2nd to fire mages and UA locks (from Casters)
    How are shadow going to be good? Don't they basically need to sit still and chain cast for voidform to be most effective?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Not to be rude, but why do you care which class is the worst at PvP for the roughly 30 days that the game transitions to Legion?
    Because it's not any different.

Ele shaman is by far the worst spec on beta and live.

It's the same in most other cases too.

Elemental shaman the same way its been for the past 5 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Because it's not any different.

Ele shaman is by far the worst spec on beta and live.

It's the same in most other cases too.
    Ok, but Beta doesn't count. I'm sure there hasn't been any final tuning done and on live they are missing artifact weapons and most classes are not balanced. I would wait until Legion goes live before worrying too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuram View Post
    How are shadow going to be good? Don't they basically need to sit still and chain cast for voidform to be most effective?
    Even though i would love to answer you, i am afraid i lack the knowledge (since i only play melee classes), but from what i personally experienced their dot/instant proc dmg is still very high, hence if you have let's say rogue peeling for them or mage with frost novas shadow does very good dmg, but so far i usually either kill them or die to them before void form. From what i saw in Beta duel streams, when shadow enters void form it does pretty sick self healing (unless it was nerfed) and its pretty short duration cast (once again i may be wrong, judging purely from beta duels observation) so in void form shadow deal a good amount of dmg with some good heals in a very short window of time, i saw shadows get to like 10% hp then pop void form and turn tables around vs enemy with 80% hp and won the fights it was UH, feral or mage. But once again nothing is set yet and everything can be changed, but if i had to make an educated guess of a person who PvPs since vanila, i would say Shadow will be very fun to play and strong in RBGs 3s and even 2s for certain comps like Sub/Shadow. But shadow will be pretty weak to melee 1v1 or duels

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Ele shaman. They are fun to play tho.
    Nah they're fine. Try different builds (icefury + ele blast burst is pretty high). Unless you're talking about being prone to interrupts
    Last edited by effs; 2016-07-27 at 10:31 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Ok, but Beta doesn't count. I'm sure there hasn't been any final tuning done and on live they are missing artifact weapons and most classes are not balanced. I would wait until Legion goes live before worrying too much.
    I played MoP beta and WoD beta. Nothing really changed from late beta -> live

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    What's the right spec then?
    I tried mixing and matching, with Icefury working the best, but I still hardcast a lot and outside roots and frost shock - gust of wind you just get tunneled and die after casting the measly 30k LB.
    Path of Flame + Elemental fusion. In BGs where there are at least 3 enemies itll proc literally all the time. I run in and flame shock at least a couple people then start in on my main target and i can literally get 10 instant cast lava bursts off back to back. The damage isnt amazing until you get your artifact. It will be good....and probably nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuram View Post
    just look at their arte talents and pvp talents both greatly increase survivability and let you stay longer in voidform, i think shadow will be very powerful in all sorts of rated pvp, but maybe a bit clunky to play with casted voidform, especially annoying if you do 5mans too, and who doesn't? Bit risky to play a class that got only 1 dd spec, when pvp templates are around, who knows how blizzard will use them? ;>

So this is one of the stronger casters in legion..along with affliction locks, sadly pvp talents and artefact weapons are not as good for everyone, talents, arte and pvp talents do not work good for the frost dk spec as there are many useless filler talents there, should be fully pve now.

And Ele does not look good on the numbers, lava burst must hit more like a truck not wet noodle at lvl110 in the beta and i am not even sure if this is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    Path of Flame + Elemental fusion. In BGs where there are at least 3 enemies itll proc literally all the time. I run in and flame shock at least a couple people then start in on my main target and i can literally get 10 instant cast lava bursts off back to back. The damage isnt amazing until you get your artifact. It will be good....and probably nerfed.
    dmg won't be better at lvl110 either, when the total amount of hp increases greatly. Lets see if blizz will use pvp templates correctly.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-07-28 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro locks are real bad. I've seen some videos of high rated locks that didn't even have chaos bolt bound. Instead they just use two shadowburns.

But the other two lock specs are gods. SacPac makes them invincible for 30 seconds.

MM hunters aren't feeling great either. MASSIVE damage in pve but in pvp i hit like a wet noodle. ONLY 15K MARKED SHOT WITH VULNERABLE DEBUFF UP! AND WITH PATIENT SNIPER!
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-07-28 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    As a mage I can't beat any feral. Any tips?
    Did you try fire? they have very high burst set up from dragon breath disor

Deleted
    Marksman hunters suck ass. 1 stun on 45 sec or 60 sec CD. Disengage with less travel distance than Demon Hunter's Vengeful Retreat. 1 defensive ability on 3 min CD and you can't attack (Demon Hunters can talent into the same ability for 90 second cooldown). The class is a joke. No self healing. Even the built in healthstone has been nerfed by the stat templates because it was clearly too good for this class with zero survivability and zero crowd control. Every spec in the game has more control. Even Elemental Shaman.

Always start on the Hunter. In a few globals he's forced to pop his Turtle. Now attack someone else for 8 seconds before charging the Hunter again. Dead hunter.

MM hunters aren't feeling great either. MASSIVE damage in pve but in pvp i hit like a wet noodle. ONLY 15K MARKED SHOT WITH VULNERABLE DEBUFF UP! AND WITH PATIENT SNIPER!
    Look at the PvP stat templates and laugh. All the Hunter shots are nerfed to 80% or 50% effectiveness. Even Exhilaration heal is nerfed in PvP for good laughs. Affliction Warlock on the other hand has no modifications at all (to damage or healing). The whole Hunter revamp is a troll job. A psychological test, if you will. Blizzard is testing how far can they put the screw in our asses before we reroll.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-07-30 at 10:58 AM.