Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Queue's pop reasonably well, even while leveling, for a small/mid-sized MMO, something that I wish I could say for WildStar to be honest.
    In my experience, queues, be they for Dungeons or PvP, can take anything upto 30 minutes to pop for me on EU servers. They've been gradually getting longer and longer as time has gone on and the numbers have shrunk, either because those people have left, or because people have hit the point where they no longer need to do the content. Regardless, my queue times are quite lengthy, even as a healer.

If 4.0 will correct this remains to be seen, I'm cautiously optimistic that it will in the short term, but long term only having two dungeons is going to burn people out pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    In my experience, queues, be they for Dungeons or PvP, can take anything upto 30 minutes to pop for me on EU servers. They've been gradually getting longer and longer as time has gone on and the numbers have shrunk, either because those people have left, or because people have hit the point where they no longer need to do the content. Regardless, my queue times are quite lengthy, even as a healer.

If 4.0 will correct this remains to be seen, I'm cautiously optimistic that it will in the short term, but long term only having two dungeons is going to burn people out pretty fast.
    From what I saw ques in RIFT are fine at max level, but it takes me FOREVER for leveling content outside of maybe bgs

and Edge, max level ques in wildstar are fine. Leveling is eh at peak times, except for pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Rift launched in March 2011, received large bi-monthly for well over a year leading to their first paid expansion, Storm Legion, which launched in November of 2012. It transitioned to F2P in June of 2013 after receiving many updates throughout Storm Legion as well and continues to receive them. So a bit over 2 years.

WildStar launched on June of 2014, received a single monthly update before transitioning to quarterly updates, those wound down in size over the course of the year (and multiple rounds of deep layoffs), transitioning to F2P in September of 2015, a little over a year later, and has received a handful of updates since.

In terms of marketing, both games received large marketing pushes around their launch and F2P transitioned. Marketing beyond that was obviously performance based, so Rift had a stronger marketing presence for a while given its comparatively greater success than WildStar.

This isn't factually correct on any grounds. Rift has many more "cities" than WildStar does given that it has many more servers than WildStar does, even if the servers are largely functioning as "channels" as movement between them is relatively easy. Queue's pop reasonably well, even while leveling, for a small/mid-sized MMO, something that I wish I could say for WildStar to be honest. Leveling queues almost never pop, and it took me weeks to get my veteran adventure queue to pop on my max level character. In Rift I can get into a max level dungeon (regular or expert) on a non-dps class in minutes, and leveling queues generally aren't terrible, even if they're not the quickest.

In terms of content, even with the upcoming expansion for Rift pulling a lot of resources from live development (as expansions do), Rift has put out much more content than WildStar.

Rift: 3.3-3.7, so five updates (plus tons of hotfixes/minor updates) including new crafting sub-system, new instant adventure, major wardrobe update, tiered raid difficulty, 2 new raids, brand new class, new zone, new warfront, new expert dungeon, large expansion to shiny's, new tech updates (multi-core support), new souls for existing classes (5 total), overhauls to 4 souls, plus a ton of other quality of life updates and changes and holiday events. And an expansion later this year.

WildStar: three updates (F2P, Destination Arcterra, Heroes Evolved) which included a huge host of quality of live improvements, a new zone, 2 new race/class combo's, cross faction instances, new tutorial and...I think that's it. RMT is on the way but it's still in testing.

Objectively, Rift has put out far more in the past 12 months than WildStar. That's to say Rift is necessarily better than WildStar, but your claims are incorrect.

Also, while I'm here...

Alright folks, stick to discussing the game and expansion, not others posting habits. If other posters annoy you, that's fine, there is an ignore feature for a reason. But continuing to take pot shots at other posters because you disagree with their posting habits, rather than discussing the game/topic at-hand isn't going to fly. Thanks.
    You started running out of ideas when you started talking about upgraded talents and tech

Wildstar has added 1 adventure, 2 dungeons, 2 raids (with a third raid "release" in a few weeks) new world bosses, 5 new zones, TECH UPGRADES (slightly better optimization) overhaul to the rune system, new arena map, new battleground overhaul

EDIT: Oh, you meant in the last 12 months, Yeah Wildstar was actually making sure they were releasing good polished content and actually fixing the game, where as RIFT is just throwing out anything no matter how buggy
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    From what I saw ques in RIFT are fine at max level, but it takes me FOREVER for leveling content outside of maybe bgs

and Edge, max level ques in wildstar are fine. Leveling is eh at peak times, except for pvp
    The slow queues at lower levels probably has something to do with Trion's recent decision to make it impossible to queue for dungeons outside of the daily randoms if you're not a Patron.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for some juicy info to come out from Gamescom which started yesterday but in the meantime we can look forward to a sneak look at another zone coming in Starfall Prophecy, this time a fire themed one, Gedlo Badlands, on the Rift Live stream this Friday at 10.30pm GMT

https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

I was taklking about max level content, for what its worth. I also sometimes queue up with a friend who plays a tank, but it does little to ease queue times on the whole. And its not as if we're queueing up at 3 in the morning or anything, its usually later on in the evening when most guilds would be finishing up their raids. It might be different on US servers, but the queues have been a fixture for quite a while on EU servers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Looks like a screenshot from Mad Max.

EDIT: Oh, you meant in the last 12 months, Yeah Wildstar was actually making sure they were releasing good polished content and actually fixing the game, where as RIFT is just throwing out anything no matter how buggy
    But Trion came out with a lot more pretty cash shop items tho. Everyone loves em. So WS and Rift is tied for quality contents.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowban View Post
    But Trion came out with a lot more pretty cash shop items tho. Everyone loves em. So WS and Rift is tied for quality contents.
    Are you sure you should be pluralizing content?

You know whats been bugging me about Starfall Prophecy?

That Trion aren't showing any signs of love or even any hints about NMT being mediocre

Ion over at Blizz has been basically shitting on WoD sense 6.2, always saying these things that just did not work and agreeing with almost all the issues people have with it, he is being sincere. The only thing I have heard Trion say even REMOTELY similar to that is "raids r buggy" NO SHIT.

And Trion is still doing sketchy stuff as well, not just in their games though, check this out

https://youtu.be/BDlN7ZpjZsU

Well over 1M views, with 63 likes and 15 dislikes, with 33 comments
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that is fucked up

Its also weird that RIFT seems to ALWAYS win any mmorpg Pax or convention best in show if they are showcasing something.
    But thats a bit more tinfoil hatty and I dont believe it to much.

I was gonna buy Starfall a few weeks ago. But at this point I will just wait a while
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. That's so obvious, it's not even something I can laugh at. That's just straight retarded.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know whats been bugging me about Starfall Prophecy?

That Trion aren't showing any signs of love or even any hints about NMT being mediocre

Ion over at Blizz has been basically shitting on WoD sense 6.2, always saying these things that just did not work and agreeing with almost all the issues people have with it, he is being sincere. The only thing I have heard Trion say even REMOTELY similar to that is "raids r buggy" NO SHIT.

And Trion is still doing sketchy stuff as well, not just in their games though, check this out

https://youtu.be/BDlN7ZpjZsU

Its also weird that RIFT seems to ALWAYS win any mmorpg Pax or convention best in show if they are showcasing something.
    But thats a bit more tinfoil hatty and I dont believe it to much.

I was gonna buy Starfall a few weeks ago. But at this point I will just wait a while
    Don't worry. I'm sure @Slipmat can explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Oh I am sure he can, perhaps the view/life system is BROKE on that video, maybe a lot of people just didn't bother commenting or rating.

Obviously Trion didn't buy views or put a shit load of unrelated tags because that would be unkind
    Diablo Bore.

Ok am I losing my mind or is there A LOT of cool emoji's LOL.

Also.....Trion view botting there own video is fucken amazing. No video on youtube gets 1 million views and like 63 likes and 16 dislikes.

That's some next gen view botting LOL.

Edit: I totally didn't just report there video for view botting......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You know a game is truly dead when their own company has to viewbot the video for it to get noticed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok am I losing my mind or is there A LOT of cool emoji's LOL.

Also.....Trion view botting there own video is fucken amazing. No video on youtube gets 1 million views and like 63 likes and 16 dislikes.

That's some next gen view botting LOL.

Edit: I totally didn't just report there video for view botting......
    Dude Rift is fucking on it's last legs. If this expac fails that is probably it for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You know a game is truly dead when their own company has to viewbot the video for it to get noticed

- - - Updated - - -

Dude Rift is fucking on it's last legs. If this expac fails that is probably it for it.
    If Trion wants to keep RIFT alive they easily could.

Because of Trove basically. It makes so much money that it doesn't need, so they can just keep other games up with it
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Statistics you are looking for.

Pardon my french

http://imgur.com/0e47X4F

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Personally I don't think it matters how this expac turns out. By the end of it Rift will be no more and that's really sad because at the start Rift was a really good MMO.

This xpac could sell WoW levels of copy's and Rift's fate is already sealed. The amazing part will be if Rift go's before Wildstar does.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-11 at 06:18 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Alright folks, that's enough of that. Post productively and let's not try to troll other posters. Thanks.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright folks, that's enough of that. Post productively and let's not try to troll other posters. Thanks.

So you let him openly troll but infract us...... gotta love moderation on this site....