Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

So... Illidan's next power boost?

I am pretty sure that everyone has noticed by now that when Illidan doesn't spent his time in prison or playing dead he gets a ridiculous increase of power level, like over the top and why not, he is the power hungry maniac that we all love. So here we are awaiting to see the next horrible act he will commit for the shake of his world and power, problem is he seems to have reached the end of his power journey I mean Fel is the strongest magic there is in Warcraft Universe ...hmm not exactly, recently we have been introduced to Void magic which might well be more deadly than the Fel, but if Illidan is willing to try for the Void then he may need a shield from this power. Yes I am talking about the Light if this happens and Illidan turns out as a Hybrid, who uses both void and light then that vision we read about on the book wouldn't be that bad
    And before you start comparing Illidan with that abomination (you know perfectly well who I am talking about) think about this, he (who we all hope a black hole swallowed) used arcane, light, shamanism and druidism (lord have mercy) without any consequences while Illidan on the other hand may go madder with the use of this two opposite forces. Because you know what they say ...power brings madness

7+ Year Old Account
    illidan will be infused with light and be the holy angel of azeroth, with halo, wings, and the power to fry the legion with white/yellow laser beams.
    all praise lord je... i mean illidan!
    -Xe'ra
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-27 at 11:25 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Next thing will probably be Light based yeah, however dumb I feel that idea is. Light seems to be an utterly benign power, so I don't know that it will drive anyone crazy, though crazy people can still use it so crazy could still be a factor - just crazy because of other things.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    illidan will be infused with light and be the holy angle of azeroth, with halo, wings, and the power to stupid the legion with white/yellow laser beams.
    -Xe'ra

maybe he will take guldans skull when we kill him Kappa

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Next thing will probably be Light based yeah, however dumb I feel that idea is. Light seems to be an utterly benign power, so I don't know that it will drive anyone crazy, though crazy people can still use it so crazy could still be a factor - just crazy because of other things.
    The power is obviously "the Power of Crazy" hehe
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post

Formerly known as Arafal

Illidan Kerrigan Stormrage becomes a Xel'naga Champion of the light to defeat Amon the Voidlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

About the whole xera and illidan thing....idk...that whole anduin business seemed...pretty....crazy to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Illidan Kerrigan Stormrage becomes a Xel'naga Champion of the light to defeat Amon the Voidlords.
    You aren't the first to note intense similarities between multitudes of their games. :P

Hey, if the story works, it works. :P
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    illidan will be infused with light and be the holy angle of azeroth, with halo, wings, and the power to fry the legion with white/yellow laser beams.
    -Xe'ra
    The holy angle of azeroth. Id say Illidan resembles a right angle.

ps- Angel* Just busting your balls, dont really care.

I wonder how they are going to play this out though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You aren't the first to note intense similarities between multitudes of their games. :P

Hey, if the story works, it works. :P
    except for when it densest and it feels like terrible rehash material. illidan has killed lots of people and to become a angel out of no where is plain stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    except for when it densest and it feels like terrible rehash material. illidan has killed lots of people and to become a angel out of no where is plain stupid.
    Is he reeeeeeeally becoming an angel though? Where do we have canon proof of this? Is it in a Legion questline orrrr?

People do get redemption stories sometimes, though, and he really did always care about people. I think he was a war leader type though, he understood casualties would happen - but he went a little mad too.

Being imprisoned for a week in solitary confinement will destroy your mental well-being... try 10,000 years.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Is he reeeeeeeally becoming an angel though? Where do we have canon proof of this? Is it in a Legion questline orrrr?
    It comes from Illidan's novel.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    I don't think the amount of people some has killed has anything to do with invoking the light. I'm the Scarlett Crusade is able to invoke the light and I'm sure they have killed many people who weren't demon or undead. Dreanei have killed many orcs, they have nothing but paladin protecting their cities and they are still able to invoke the light.

All causes are righteous if you allow yourself to see both sides of the issue. Illidan saw the innocent he killed as did Arthas, as a necessary means to an end. What are a few thousand innocent people when we measure it against the weight of every being on the planet...even more so the entire cosmos.

The light may very well embrace illidan because he has a pure reason to his madness, why not lend the most qualified legion killing being unimaginable power if it means saving the cosmos. If it means ending the immediate threat of the dark titian.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming it's not a red herring, we know what he'll become in the future via a vision granted him by an elder naaru (presumably Xe'ra) in the recently released novel World of Warcraft: Illidan.

Illidan will defy death, pay some unspecified price, and become the "child of Light and Shadow," a champion of the Light destined to bring the Burning Legion to an end and help lead the Golden Army against the Void Lords.

“The Void is a more potent foe by far than the Burning Legion. It is the ultimate opponent of the Light. It will take all the peoples of Azeroth and Outland united to oppose it.” The naaru stopped pulsing. “You do not believe me? You lose faith and hope. Then know this.”

Before Illidan could defend himself in any way, a bolt of pure Light blasted from the naaru. It struck his empty eye sockets and filled them with a golden glow. Illidan braced himself for a blast of agony that did not come. In the past such magic had always racked him with pain. It would normally have done the same to any user of fel magic. His vision shimmered and faded, and he found himself looking down on a terrible battlefield.

Amid mountains of corpses, a winged figure battled at the head of the legions of Light. A golden glow surrounded his warglaives. He cleft demons asunder with mighty blows. The soldiers surrounding him gazed up in awe and wonder at their leader. It took Illidan a moment to realize that this being’s features were his own, transformed, his eyes glowing fiercely. This avatar of the Light looked calm and strong and at peace. His face was filled with confidence, shorn of all suffering.

As Illidan watched, the winged figure rose above the battle, defying gigantic entities of darkness, creations of the evil of the Void. A halo played around his head. His body began to glow brighter than the sun, and from his outstretched arms, rays of Light emerged to strike down his foes.

There was a sense of rightness about this, as if he looked upon a vision of the unborn future. For a moment he could believe in it, but then his doubts rushed back. This could not be true. It was not any path he had ever set out on. It was not who he was. He was a fighter and a killer, as driven by darkness and his own desires as he was by any urge to do right.

“You will defy death,” the naaru’s voice said as the vision faded. “I have seen this. Whatever you were, whatever you are, a champion of Light is what you will be.”

There was utter certainty in the naaru’s voice, and it communicated itself to Illidan. For a moment, he felt the Light embrace him, and his heart was at rest. He had been given a vision of redemption beyond any he had hoped for. Peace filled him as he communed silently with the naaru. The moment lasted only a heartbeat, but when it ended, Illidan felt as if it might have been a lifetime.

“You will be a hero,” said the naaru. “But there will be a price.”

“There always is.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    I don't think the amount of people some has killed has anything to do with invoking the light. I'm the Scarlett Crusade is able to invoke the light and I'm sure they have killed many people who weren't demon or undead. Dreanei have killed many orcs, they have nothing but paladin protecting their cities and they are still able to invoke the light.

All causes are righteous if you allow yourself to see both sides of the issue. Illidan saw the innocent he killed as did Arthas, as a necessary means to an end. What are a few thousand innocent people when we measure it against the weight of every being on the planet...even more so the entire cosmos.

The light may very well embrace illidan because he has a pure reason to his madness, why not lend the most qualified legion killing being unimaginable power if it means saving the cosmos. If it means ending the immediate threat of the dark titian.
    We didn’t went to kill him because we thought it would be fun. Illidan directly ordered an attack on Shattrath City and the Sha’tar naaru and the Sha’tar directly ordered us to fight them back and set an end to his reign in Outland.

That being said: It’s stupid that these Sha’tar didn’t know Illidan’s fate (yeah they don’t have some hive mind, however why wouldn’t Xe’ra? contact them in order to stop the siege before it happened?)
    Even more stupid however is that if Illidan always had a greater plan to stop the big bads of the Legion and the Void why would he even order some attack on Shattrath City? A city full of potential allies.

And why the fuck would any light naaru accept that its kind gets slaughtered and turned into void?

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    We didn’t went to kill him because we thought it would be fun. Illidan directly ordered an attack on Shattrath City and the Sha’tar naaru and the Sha’tar directly ordered us to fight them back and set an end to his reign in Outland.

That being said: It’s stupid that these Sha’tar didn’t know Illidan’s fate (yeah they don’t have some hive mind, however why wouldn’t Xe’ra? contact them in order to stop the siege before it happened?)
    Even more stupid however is that if Illidan always had a greater plan to stop the big bads of the Legion and the Void why would he even order some attack on Shattrath City? A city full of potential allies.

And why the fuck would any light naaru accept that its kind gets slaughtered and turned into void?
    The book retconned the Shattrath attack into Kael acting alone. For the most part, it just changed Illidan from malicious to incompetent. He let every subfaction of Illidari- demons, naga, blood elves, fel orcs, etc- do whatever they wanted while he tried to prepare his suicide run at Argus.

Xe'ra then berates us for not also letting them do whatever they wanted because muh greater good, saying that we need to be redeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Other than what was said above, it's also implied that it was us (or some other unknown factors) who pushed the Sha'tar into attacking Illidan. A'dal didn't have much issue with what Illidan did (attacking Shattrah, creating Fel Orcs, imprisoning Brokens, etc.) and wasn't going to attack Illidan when Maiev asked him to (pretty much went "at the moment Illidan opposes the Legion, so that's advantageous to us, fight him yourself").
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-27 at 06:13 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.