Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The rise of ISIS and the fleeing of million Syrian citizens is a problem the world has to deal with.
    People help because they want to not because they have to

And this, people, is the mindset of Eastern-Europe: "We are entitled to your money and we will give nothing in return!"
    They give cheap but mostly qualified labor. That was the agreement! :P

And if money will not be coming at all they might go back to Russia (to at least get gas price cuts).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

Funny thing is, most of those terrorist attacks weren't committed by refugees. Not only is your argument blown out of proportion, it is also wrong factually.

Hungary, Poland, etc. don't have such attacks because they aren't big targets. Who cares if something blows up in Hungary? Now, France, Germany, the UK, and especially the US - these are the targets that will resonate in the world!
    No, they were committed by their children and grandchildren that they actively segregated from the society they were born into with their backwards ideologies and thinking.

You are whitewashing MENA immigrants too much and it is this lack of accountability for their actions that contributes to the problem.

But it's there, we have to deal with it. All of us.
    No we don't. You just think we have to out of some twisted sense of morality.
    If Australia automatically rejects all refugees that come in by boat then so can we. If there are literally 0 economic or social incentives for them to move here, then they won't walk through several other safe countries to get to Europe.

We always have a choice, and you can be damn sure that when the shit hits the fan really hard and this whole crisis becomes insufferable to Europe, then no piece of paper or moral convictions will matter.
    Last edited by mmoc438dc94cad; 2016-07-28 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good on him.

If the people of his country don't want it then it shouldn't be forced upon them.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret: Nobody wants refugees.
    I work at a hospital full of people who have things they don't want.
    But it's there, we have to deal with it. All of us.

It's not just a German problem, not even an EU-problem.
    We tried to bring several hundreds of refugees voluntarily (just for the start). We paid them travel, prepared accomodation for them in houses (not camps) and paid all their life expenses, set courses to learn the language and started to find them jobs - you see, it is already much more than we do for any of our citizens in need.

In return, majority of them fled to Germany within few days after arrival. So, why bother? All the help they want from us, is to help them get to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    Stockholm is, not Sweden as a whole, but if you wish to be blind so be it. Whatever makes you sleep better at night while all of those things are happening around you
    "All of those things" are not happening around me, which is why I sleep just fine at night. We even have a refugee home nearby where I live. People that don't even live in Sweden, making up shit about how things are over here based on hyperbole on the internet, are pathetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something that is just very amusing about this whole conversation is the mystifying belief that all countries in the EU are equal. *NEWSFLASH* They aren't.

Just like every other alliance out there with a grouping of countries, there will be some that are economic powerhouses and some that rely on those EP's to provide necessary protection and funding. It is the nature of these alliances. Not only that, but the purpose of the EU was to foster trade between nations because that would keep ties close between all of the trading partners of the Union while minimizing the chances for war. In treaties such as these, there is some measure of protection afforded to those who are weaker by those who are stronger, and often this protection is used as leverage by the stronger countries to enforce the passing of laws and economic policies that benefit the stronger country, and not the weaker ones.

In regards to the next mass-scale war that this world goes into, it will not be between European countries, it will be between the Middle East and the rest of the world, do I have facts to base that off of, no, but I do have common sense and the understanding that history repeats itself. To bring in all of these immigrants is to understand that those who wish harm to the host countries will be sneaking in too, does that mean that no immigrants should come in? That those who are not harming others should get the short end of the stick due to the actions of the few? No. At the same time, the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you" comes to mind. This is what is happening, and eventually the hand that is feeding will realize that the dog won't stop biting.

The hope is that the realization comes before the dog has the person attached to that hand on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    No, they were committed by their children and grandchildren that they actively segregated from the society they were born into with their backwards ideologies and thinking.

You are whitewashing MENA immigrants too much and it is this lack of accountability for their actions that contributes to the problem.
    No, they were born by legal immigrants. Just like Breivik was born by legal citizens. It doesn't matter where a person comes from: they can be a shitty parent regardless. And it doesn't matter what kind of parent they are: their child can grow into a shitty person regardless.

As for segregation, well, it is expected. If you don't want immigrants to be segregated, you need to integrate them actively, not encourage them to live among other immigrants from their countries. As I understand, Europe (most of the countries) is pretty bad at integrating people, while the US, Canada, Australia, etc. are much better in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
    We tried to bring several hundreds of refugees voluntarily (just for the start). We paid them travel, prepared accomodation for them in houses (not camps) and paid all their life expenses, set courses to learn the language and started to find them jobs - you see, it is already much more than we do for any of our citizens in need.

In return, majority of them fled to Germany within few days after arrival. So, why bother? All the help they want from us, is to help them get to Germany.
    And this is an example of a poor integration policy. You gave them stuff for free and didn't ask for anything in return.

Give them stuff and make a contract with them, recognized all over the world (including Germany), that forces them to either do their share of responsibility in Czech Republic, or pay back. Just escaping means they won't be welcome anywhere and will be deported.

This is how it is done in the US, for example. No one will give you free stuff. Regardless of whether you are a legal or illegal visitor, you either find a way to support yourself, or die off starvation. The government will support you, in case you are documented, if you demonstrate that you do everything in order to integrate - but if it fails, you can only rely on yourself. Now, that is a real working policy: both sides get what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Yes, jailing politicians you don't agree with.
    No wonder your counties need Western welfare programs with that mindset.
    Did someone from Eastern Europe bully you in school? Or could you please explain the reason for your already very amusing obsession with the Eastern Europeans?
    I mean, after quite a few threads about the immigration from the Near East and Africa. Normal people should by now be tired to repeat the same debunked arguments regarding the subventions for the Eastern European countries.
    But for you... it's not getting old to repeat something, which you don't understand (due to your severe lack of information).

Maybe you will be at some point be able to see past the one-sided arguments you're trying to make and understand the simple fact, that every EUR of EU subventions is tied to EU regulations (which are very often extremely harmful for the economy of the Eastern European country).
    Furthermore it is not an one sided road, that the Western Europeans get no return for their subventions for the Eastern European countries.

They receive for it not only new markets, where they can sell their products (f.e. agricultural products, which can easily undercut the local products due to the very generous subventions for the great farmers... a.m.o examples)
    but also due to the open border policy receive decently skilled and cheap labor forces.
    That you, as a normal tax payer are not getting any benefits from your tax-money, which goes to the Eastern Europeans, is your own personal problem.
    Vote for a party, which doesn't pamper the great companies and farmers, who are benefiting from it the most.

But something I won't exactly tolerate, when some naive and blatantly uninformed goof is using the Eastern European countries to project his frustration.
    Last edited by mmocdec169f0c2; 2016-07-28 at 02:34 PM.

Do you think people here are just going to sit back and accept it if Hungary doesn't aid in the refugee crisis?
    Hungary is not the one needing to help: the EU is the one that needs to help Hungary in the crisis. Wealthy countries receiving a few refugees is not a crisis. The crisis is Hungary and Greece getting their infrastructure flooded.
    You seem upset about a non issue. Hungary is irrelevant. People can do whatever, as you are doing right now: complaining about an opinion. The EU however is sitting and ignoring Hungary's remarks, while simultaneously removing refugees from the land.

Deleted
    I think the entire thing is laughable.
    They are suddenly siding with political ideologies here that not long ago promoted hatred against them.
    Someone in here already claimed they are entitled to our money.
    We are not entitled to the money of the Western European states, as the Western European states are not entitled to load off their "refugees", who they attracted with they overly generous welfare systems in the first place.

Yup, it's a mutual benefit.
    They can develop their country and we have a new market.
    But Hungary is hardly a large market for our country.
    Do you think people here are just going to sit back and accept it if Hungary doesn't aid in the refugee crisis?
    Do you think, the people in Eastern Europe give a s***?
    Please, how would you get the Eastern European countries in line? Because one thing is sure, there are neither democratic nor legal measures available to convince the Eastern Europeans to accept the "refugee" distribution quotas.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Even if they are against this, I feel a small concession or compromise could be possible, such as accepting children of ten years or younger.

I am curious as to why we don't hear about refugees going East, though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Even if they are against this, I feel a small concession or compromise could be possible, such as accepting children of ten years or younger.
    There are already small concessions in place. All of these countries accepted to take in a number of refugees in. The dispute is only around a EU wide fixated distribution % of the "refugees" who try to enter the EU in the future.

I am curious as to why we don't hear about refugees going East, though?
    Generous welfare systems are attracting these people, not safety.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Woe View Post
    There are already small concessions in place. All of these countries accepted to take in a number of refugees in. The dispute is only around a EU wide fixated distribution % of the "refugees" who try to enter the EU in the future.

Generous welfare systems are attracting these people, not safety.
    I was talking about Hungary...? Since the OP makes it seem like they're not taking any refugees.