Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    Ah the days when gearscore was fresh out of the box and ruined everything for anyone wanting to join pugs.
    I never used gearscore, it was so easy to cheese. Inspect at bank or gtfo =P

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Do you agree that organizing a PUG can be tricky, and some sort of compensation should be handed to the organizer for their effort?
    If yes, instead of using master looter and reserving items which alienated and disgusted the playerbase how about either one of those? :

1) Give the raid leader a humble gold amount per boss killed
    2) Have the raid leader a 10% or 20% to get an extra item via personal loot per boss killed.

Some ideas, to promote pugs, and leading them, since we all hate master loot and reserving as polls are showing.

Some food for discussion.
    unless they would guarante RL trinekts /relics/tier they can go f... themselves with any other incentives - nobody will bother herding bunch of retards for sack of gold or some tiny rng advantage. raid pugs are now dead with ML change , deal with it , mythic + dungeons are new hot shit in legion

So first off I have been raid-leader and guild-master for many many years. When I read some child suggesting that the time they spend putting together a premade group that meets once entitles them to demand any item they want as long as they say so ahead of time. It really pisses me off.
    I rarely see a real leader in premade. The people who assemble the groups are generally the least likely to know what they are doing and I almost always disagree with the choose of comp that they pick. Lets be honest 95% of all true pug premade groups are hastily assembled without any thought, effort, or knowledge of what it takes to make that group functional. if the person who assembles the group actually tries to lead they normally say something like "do it right or be kicked" which always assumes some basic strat which may not work for the current comp and nearly always results in the wrong people getting kicked.

I am completely against the idea that any moron who assembles a group should get an extra item, bonus roll or even a small quantity of gold. you want something special, go actual lead a guild for years on ends and maybe your teammates will honor you some day. And why they do, you will know you have actually earned it.

Pug leaders honestly don't deserve anything bonus tbh. They usually NEED something out of the raid or dungeon, so they are in a sense using the people they invite to get their desired goal or item. That is already the reward.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

I think that if you need some extra reward to want to lead a group, you should not be leading a group in the first place.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

7+ Year Old Account
    Well one, that doesn't include the other people s/he may of started the group with. Also, if we're going to start rewarding one person for one thing, next thing you know EVERYONE wants a reward.

"I put it together."
    "Well I was the 3rd person in the group, I've been waiting for a while."
    "Well you really needed a tank and I queued up."

blah blah blah

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Do you agree that organizing a PUG can be tricky, and some sort of compensation should be handed to the organizer for their effort?
    If yes, instead of using master looter and reserving items which alienated and disgusted the playerbase how about either one of those? :

1) Give the raid leader a humble gold amount per boss killed
    2) Have the raid leader a 10% or 20% to get an extra item via personal loot per boss killed.

Some ideas, to promote pugs, and leading them, since we all hate master loot and reserving as polls are showing.

Some food for discussion.
    None of those ideas. We want people forming pugs because thats how they roll. We dont want every moron trying to make their own pugs because there is an incentive to make a pug. Leave that shit to people who know what they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ...raid pugs are now dead with ML change...
    How is the sky? Falling much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's amazing how you can't just please the player base.

The majority claims there is no need for reward.
    A few claim that minimal reward is minimal and PUGs are destined to decrease in numbers.

Isn't there a middle ground and some common sense? Why do opinions need to be either on extreme or the other?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get a good PUG leader you could try thanking them when the run concludes, or is appreciation too abstract a reward?

Good Raid Leaders are already rewarded. Problem is, the vast majority of them do not realize it, and thus do not capitalize on the reward.

When I led pugs, I never reserved anything. I kept my eye out for top notch players, regardless of ilvl during the raids. Those I would get with at some point, and get their RealID so that I could invite them to future runs. After time, I built up a large enough list, that I could fill a group quickly and easily with competent players mostly and with only a few randoms. At this point, the pug runs were a well oiled machine and would blow through raids efficiently and quickly.

By doing this, I was able to more pug runs on all my toons much faster and easier, because many of them had alts too.

Greedy and ignorant raid leaders caused the loot change, and I say good riddance. For those of us that know how to leverage the xrealm system to our advantage, we will keep on going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    no thanks. id much rather see bonuses for other people to stay as long as possible, so i dont need to rebuild the group after every boss.
    Yes please! A loyalty reward of some kind to stop people from group hopping would be awesome... though I guess such a thing would be easily exploited when groups are left up to the players to form. It'd need some careful planning.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it isnt good enough reward, people will bitch. if its too good, everyone will complain they are "forced" to raid lead and because everyone trynna lead cant fill pugs. better to leave it as is
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

How is the sky? Falling much?
    it is only some people dont see it yet - but dont worry the orchestra on titinic played till the very end - i will be laughing so hard when in 3-4 months forums will be flooded with whining threads about no competent RLs making raid groups in lfd all i have to do is wait and im very patient

The majority claims there is no need for reward.
    A few claim that minimal reward is minimal and PUGs are destined to decrease in numbers.
    "majority" has acitvely refused to MAKE THEIR OWN GROUPS over last 12 years - tiny minority sufferend having to herd lazy majority - lets see who was right - i bet all of those who were saying "its not my buisnes assmebling a group let somebody else make it" will be actively making groups now
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-28 at 07:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    no thanks. id much rather see bonuses for other people to stay as long as possible, so i dont need to rebuild the group after every boss.
    And this would also favor the Raid Leader nicely because he probably spends the most time in te raid!

Pretty good suggestion imo

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's just silly that you need some sort of incentive from being the leader of a pug. Being in the damn raid and experiencing it is enough. We all have important tasks and roles in a raid, and the RL is no different, even if they did bring the group together for a common goal. You don't deserve more rewards just for being the leader.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Putting a group together rewards you with the ability to kick arses from the raid. That's good enough.

Until next patch

Leading a pug group isn't challenging. The leader doesn't need to gain any extra rewards.

Pugs in the old days didn't need reserves to be formed and run by people. All these salty reserving "leaders" crying about how this is the end of all pugs is hilarious. Pugging worked before you selfish goons took over the pugging scene, and they'll work again now. Adapt or move on.

Beign pug RL its rewarding for itself, why would you reward someone for doing it lol?