Angry is the priest psychic voice talent (tier 3) turned off in proving grounds?

I'm trying to do the *dps* silver proving grounds as a disc priest (this is today, 7/26/16, a week after the pre-patch). I chose the 'psychic voice' tier 3 talent specifically to use as an interrupt on the healer. And psychic scream does indeed work to interrupt the healer. But as soon as I go into proving grounds, it reverts to 1 minute cd, which simply doesn't allow me to interrupt often enough. I teleport out to my garrison, the tooltip on scream says 30 sec, I teleport back into proving grounds and change absolutely nothing, the tooltip on scream now says 1 minute (and indeed there is really a 1 minute cooldown in the fight). In other words, the psychic voice talent has no effect at all since baseline is 1 min. I logged out and logged back in, in case that would help, switched to another spec, switched back, nothing helped, psychic voice is apparently turned off in proving grounds. Does anyone know any way I can fix this? It doesn't look like any of the other talents are turned off. I realize that set bonuses and such don't work, but this is a talent not a bonus. Thank you.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

However [You are really doing it wrong] is doable as a discipline priest if you time your cooldowns and get used to the waves (took me around 2 hours but I haven't done gold dps before so I had to learn the waves)

The trick to minimize the need for a constant interrupt is to burst the heal target before the heal animation lands on them. For example on the wave with the monkey and the healer what I did was mindbender, schism, penance and divine star and most of the times (crits help) the monkey would die before the heal animation landed on it. Then you can dps the healer and use your fear when his heal comes off cd (around half of his health). I know that it can be frustrating but it is definetely doable and a fun challenge

Tl:dr bursts targets that will receive a heal so that it goes on cd and you can use th fear to interrupt it the second time. (Amber can help aswell)

Ps: in general you want to try and save the bloodlust chests that spawn for the last waves with th big shas cause at least for me it was nearly impossible to have the dps needed for them

Good luck!