Timeless Isle and the death of hopping

I like to go to the Timeless Isles at times to get away from the drag that is called a garrison.
    Now that garrisons are completely useless, I thought to myself, "Let's get some rare items in Timeless Isle!"
    I was in for a suprise;
    *With the changes made to how the realm hopping works - if you are the first to be in a area, it will be set on your own realm.

Are they kidding me? Not only can it take several hours for a mob to respawn, the items themselves can have a droprate of 1% of less.
    No, let's make it even worse; these mobs get killed in seconds so no more "afk - waiting for rares".
    Never cared much about realm hoppers considering I never made any free-to-join groups.
    Hopping Addons were a very useful tool for content such as Timeless Isle that was never edited to make more sense.

Seems that it is now a near impossible feat to get the item achievement from Timeless Isle without the ability to hop.

Did you not play during MoP then?
    You didn't have the ability to hop and people still did the achievement.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    With DHs coming out, you can pretty much make a free 100 on each realm, and then character hop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I like to go to the Timeless Isles at times to get away from the drag that is called a garrison.
    Now that garrisons are completely useless, I thought to myself, "Let's get some rare items in Timeless Isle!"
    I was in for a suprise;
    *With the changes made to how the realm hopping works - if you are the first to be in a area, it will be set on your own realm.

Are they kidding me? Not only can it take several hours for a mob to respawn, the items themselves can have a droprate of 1% of less.
    No, let's make it even worse; these mobs get killed in seconds so no more "afk - waiting for rares".
    Never cared much about realm hoppers considering I never made any free-to-join groups.
    Hopping Addons were a very useful tool for content such as Timeless Isle that was never edited to make more sense.

Seems that it is now a near impossible feat to get the item achievement from Timeless Isle without the ability to hop.
    I'm gonna agree with you since mergers of and crz getting certain rares killed is damn near impossible now.
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2016-07-27 at 03:17 AM. Reason: typo
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You did have the ability to hop, and ppl hoped frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Didn't play that much sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    With DHs coming out, you can pretty much make a free 100 on each realm, and then character hop.
    That could work but that's going to be a major hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    this is actually a great idea

You did have the ability to hop in MoP, do you not remember oqueue ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You did have the ability to hop in MoP, do you not remember oqueue ?
    Until tiny got powerhungry, then blizz wrecked it by making their own version.

Don't even know why they enabled CRZ for zones like Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Timeless Isle. I understand the negligible benefit of having people around in leveling zones. It's not as bad in that case because it doesn't hinder you that much, especially now with the ability to multi-tag.
    But when you're in a zone that has rares that drop toys/pets/mounts and isn't a zone for leveling, pretty much every player in that CRZ zone is gonna be there purely for those rares. Most die in seconds and any other player is nothing more than a hindrance at that point. Your only real option at that point is to camp and I consider camping to be the absolute worst thing that's in the game. When you design something so poorly that the best course of action for a player is to sit in a single spot, you've utterly failed.
    I'd much prefer it if those high target rares were simply phased to each individual player and would only be visible/targetable by them. You'd be able to just do a single loop of Timeless Isle to see which ones are up and then you'd be done.