Deleted

One Talent to suck them all

Rune
    of
    Power

I swear to all real and non-real Gods in this and all other Universes; this Talent is pure cancer in its finest perfection.

The only reason, literally THE ONLY REASON(!), why i dont roll a mage in Legion again, is that this disgusting thing still exists and that reason alone.

When this abomination came into the game with mop, i thought: "Hmm, well, ok. Another "Wannabe-Turret DPS-CD". Replaces even Evocation? Lol wut?! What crap is this pls?" and not a single week later EVERY FCKING GIMP ?)"$%))$& ARCANE MAGE specced that viral shit like there is no tomorrow! It became a "must have" Talent for every possible scenario you can think of.

No movement encounter? Great! Spam that shit!
    Low movement encounter? Great! Spam that shit 2 times!
    Mid movement encounter? Great! Spam that shit 2 times more often at different locations!
    High movement encounter? Great! Spam that shit 2 times even more often at even more different locations!

It melted my brain to see that pile of purple graffiti shit did even carried over to wod. And not enough; Now you had suddenly almost a reason to specc it, because of its fat ugly smelly everlasting-virigin sister: Prisma Crystallina! The synergy was real .....in every, little, emetic aspect.

And now, even when Illidan raped and gorged his little sister Crystallina at last, got gonorrhea from her dirty hole, puked his guts out at the roof of the Black Temple and created Legion that way, that vile, vast Talent is seriously STILL ALIVE, laughing right into my face, spitting: "FCK U CNT! I WILL LIVE 4 EVAH!" and forcing me with no alternatives by literally TRIPLING its dmg bonus and make that way ANYTHING in that tier totally obsolete and non-existant, by spaming it every 40 sec to any X-Proc and brake the dmg of that class even more than it already is and was!

I ....I have no words anymore. I grab a gun from somewhere. First, I shoot Justin Bieber and then me, after i sprayed a purple Copy of that spell under my feets in the middle of the street, with a cardboard sign around my neck with the label: "Got instagibed by dmg-tunneling the boss and screw the encounter mechanics"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Rune
    of
    Power
    If you don't like it don't talent it, take IF/MI instead?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

1. You have issues.
    2. There are 2 other talents in the tier.
    3. Positioning is not that hard.
    4. It only has 25% uptime now.
    5. Seriously, calm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even have to keep track of it anymore. It's just a burst cooldown now.

Other classes would give anything to have a spell like RoP and here you are complaining about it.

Probably my biggest problem with Rune is that it's stopping me from ever using Mirror Images. that spell, back when it was baseline, was one of my favorite mage spells for both utility and the magey feel the clones gave. Whereas Rune has from the start been a necessary evil I need to use because dps.

I want my mirrors back!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well in MoP I played Arcane and just felt too limited by RoP in movement. Almost always rolled with Incanter's Flow instead. From my hands-on experience I wasn't really doing more DPS having to recast RoP every time a few steps had to be taken.

In WoD I didn't play much of anything, so can't comment.

As for Legion, hmm... It is a 40sec cooldown with 2 charges and lasts only 10 seconds. I don't think that would be too much of a hassle to manage. I am tempted to roll with Incanter's Flow again, but RoP will be too powerful to ignore during burn phases I'm afraid. Anyway, since we are not going to have to keep 100% uptime on it, it should be alright really.

It'd be better if it was instant cast. Does any other spec have a damage cooldown that has a cast time? As far as I know, most DPS cooldowns are not only instant cast, but also off the GCD.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Legion RoP. Get a hold of yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the how OP got worked up, I laughed

By the way, I haven't played mage for long, but when I saw that talent I thought "wow I'd never spec that shit".
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-07-27 at 06:47 AM.

Also, I think Erosion is probably the single worst talent in arcane's current talent tree. It essentially amounts to a flat 8% damage buff single target. Can't get more boring and poorly designed by that.

The Legion version of Rune of Power is just fine. It's really not that hard to manage to find 10 seconds of time where you can burst without moving... It's all about knowing the fight and when those moments occur. It's not a mandatory talent (unless you're a min/maxer) so either learn to play or stop complaining...

Deleted
    If you have such a big problem with RoP then don't use it. I really doubt that you are playing on a level where it matters (based on you writing style). IF is perfectly viable talent. Do you think anyone takes you seriously when you are writing like that? This isn't valuable feedback, this is just childish behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I liked the how OP got worked up, I laughed

By the way, I haven't played mage for long, but when I saw that talent I thought "wow I'd never spec that shit".
    Its great for burst dmg and can be lined up with flame on pretty closely.

Deleted
    I agree Rune of power is cancer.

ANd to all saying: there are other talents to pick...
    Rune lines up just too perfectly with other CDs and therefore CD stacking is just too powerful, thus mandatory if you want to deal good dmg. No real choice in this tier... and mages end up using 40 sec CDs... not my playstyle anymore (all specs) .... first time since i started wow in 2009 to think of changing main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    I agree Rune of power is cancer.

ANd to all saying: there are other talents to pick...
    Rune lines up just too perfectly with other CDs and therefore CD stacking is just too powerful, thus mandatory if you want to deal good dmg. No real choice in this tier... and mages end up using 40 sec CDs... not my playstyle anymore (all specs) .... first time since i started wow in 2009 to think of changing main.
    RoP is currently in its best version it has ever been and now you want to reroll MoP Arcane with permanent RoP was much better right? No reroll thinking then If you find too difficult to think ahead, please reroll and don't cry about something what is finally engaging gameplay.

I smell bad plays. Rune is MVP in its' current incarnation.

I'm fine with the current version of RoP. The original version was the true shitstorm I remember always when I once tried RoP on horridon and that shit wasn't fun at all.

Deleted
    If you want to move around a lot you must get a melee. That's the penalty of being a ranged, you must stay put once in a while. Melee at the same time can move around a lot but must chase behind targets closely because the game is full of tradeoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Rune of Power discussion has been rehashed over and over and over, and frankly this version of the discussion started off dreadfully. Locking this. If you want to continue discussing Rune, do it in a polite and sensible manner while considering all aspects.

And finally, drop the melodrama and cancer/rape vocabulary, even if your message made any sense your way of conveying it would detract from it and it's just childish anyway.
    My magic will tear you apart.