Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok...here's a question for the masses before I sim it.

Let's say you have only 2 legendaries...the chest and the wrist (cause you are unlucky and wow hates you)

Then you picked up only 2 tier pieces on your runs this week...and only on normal, and of course the legs and chest (remember, wow hates you)

Do you replace your 910 chest and 885 w/socket Splotched Bloodfur Leggings with the 875 tier to get 2 piece?

Ok...off to do my sim profile. (I'll report back with the findings)

Here's the data...and I was actually quite shocked by the answer:

Current gear beats out the bad tier by 4k dps

Guess the Agility and better stats from the gear just outweighs the lower level tier even with the 2p
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2017-01-23 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Ok...here's a question for the masses before I sim it.

Let's say you have only 2 legendaries...the chest and the wrist (cause you are unlucky and wow hates you)

Then you picked up only 2 tier pieces on your runs this week...and only on normal, and of course the legs and chest (remember, wow hates you)

Do you replace your 910 chest and 885 w/socket Splotched Bloodfur Leggings with the 875 tier to get 2 piece?

Ok...off to do my sim profile. (I'll report back with the findings)

Here's the data...and I was actually quite shocked by the answer:

Current gear beats out the bad tier by 4k dps

Guess the Agility and better stats from the gear just outweighs the lower level tier even with the 2p
    This is going to be my problem.
    940 Helm
    880 Crit/Mastery Shoulder
    890 Nightbane Chest
    885 Haste/Crit Gloves
    890 crit/mastery Legs with socket

The only piece of the tier that isn't a downgrade stats/item level is the cloak. So unless I get lucky with warforged/titanforged on the tier gear it won't be until we start doing heroics that I'll be able to replace anything. My guild isn't super focused or talented atm, so while we can clear normal fairly easy I can see us having issue in heroic early on.

Heroic ilvl is 890, so this will make easy the change for those who have high ilvl in the gear.

My current 870 ilvl neck have 1750 crit (1600 + socket) and 838 vers. I got today from chest 895 ilvl with 1789 versa, 1057 mastery and socket. Pawn with my simc weights shows me 20% upgrade. I will go from 46% crit unbuffed to 42%. Mastery will go from 28% to 31%. It is really worth to lose so much crit? Im not sure if I belive SimC anymore.

just got the Draught of Souls last night, it barely does 3m damage per use, and only with nemesis and chaos blades :| shouldnt have taken that trinket, the static haste is nice tho

Should I be using Eye beams on single target? In Sim-c it is my 2nd highest damage, and sim-c is showing me 101k higher than what I can pull on training dummy.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

the simc APL uses it, yes
    but you will have people say no or it is not that much a loss

I play demonic (only a 3k dps difference for me...so I play the more fun one) so I use it all the time

a lot of fights have adds, so time it well. thats pretty much it on eye beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    a lot of fights have adds, so time it well. thats pretty much it on eye beam.
    Yeah its kind of a given, especially since I have the helm as my only leggy so far. Pew Pew eye beam. Skorp is fun.

My DH is 848 now, is 250-260k Single target a good number for training dummy without buffs? With a ~380-400k burst phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Should I be using Eye beams on single target? In Sim-c it is my 2nd highest damage, and sim-c is showing me 101k higher than what I can pull on training dummy.
    Same question here. On single target fights (Ex: trilliax) all high parses have minimal use of eye beam, usually none or 1-2 casts from what I can see.

I have raddon's as well, can someone confirm it's a dps increase to use on cooldown single target?
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Hey there!

Recently rerolled to DH Havoc, and loving it so far. i have a question regarding fel rush. there seems to be mixed reviews on using it in the nemesis build. So should i use and implement fel rush still within the build?
    As the previous posters asked about eye beam, i generally don't use it in ST, so i'm also interested in how good it is in ST

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Same question here. On single target fights (Ex: trilliax) all high parses have minimal use of eye beam, usually none or 1-2 casts from what I can see.

I have raddon's as well, can someone confirm it's a dps increase to use on cooldown single target?
    Sim-C seems to think so. But if it is, in actual practice its only a about 4-5k. Like a 2% difference. Not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    My DH is 848 now, is 250-260k Single target a good number for training dummy without buffs? With a ~380-400k burst phase.
    Your overall isn't terrible but your burst is lacking assuming you're running chaos blades.

@Venteus it is, but it's not to be conflict with chaos blades or meta windows, or reduce your melee uptime after the beam (assuming demon blades). Particularly on a fight like trilliax the boss is being moved fairly frequently so unless you get a good time to use it after a tank movement there's little point. It's also inconvenient during annihilation (the beam)

If you're still learning havoc there's no real reason to use eye beam in ST unless you want to. It will likely cost you in some form due to incorrect timing.

@Southlound fel rush is to be used regardless of talents since it only incurs a 0.25 sec GCD. The only exception to this is running demon blades and / or using chaos blades where you will be put out of melee briefly. If you will be put completely out of melee so that it delays your gcd (shouldn't happen unless there's fire everywhere) a noticeable amount it's not worth using. Overall though, get used to using it and minimizing your downtime with it - particularly on all the small nightborne (with surprisingly large hitboxes!) in NH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like there can be a lot of downtime but that could be due to my garbage item level and without the god-tier legendary ring.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted

Trilliax Eye Beams are hitting the little adds that sometimes wander past the boss.

With Demonic build + Momentum (Mythic+) is it worth doing VR + FR Combo still? on trash or boss.

With 2-2 (talents) you probably won't want to use it or will get minimal benefit. With a Demonic Appetite builds you do use it ST, this is because of differences in playstyle and stat priority

Quote Originally Posted by cameronmc88 View Post
    With Demonic build + Momentum (Mythic+) is it worth doing VR + FR Combo still? on trash or boss.
    If you're asking whether you are supposed to trigger momentum while talenting into momentum of course you do. If you are asking whether you should VR + FR immediately back into mobs we were never supposed to be doing that. It overwrites your momentum and lowers overall momentum uptime. You want to get the full 4 seconds off every VR + FR not reset it with another.

I'm more asking, If I can just Fel Rush to trigger momentum in Mythic+ do I really need to use VR?

Quote Originally Posted by cameronmc88 View Post
    I'm more asking, If I can just Fel Rush to trigger momentum in Mythic+ do I really need to use VR?
    you dont have to, but why take it and not use it? btw momentum is pretty shit now even in m+
    a good use of nemesis on adds (maw 1st, NH 1st) momentum just isnt competitive.