Running demon blades does not remove your melee attacks, you still do them as normal so you would still get the 10% bonus. The issue is your melee are likely sitting below 4% of your damage, so the proc is worth (using a lot of mine) approximately 0.3% dps - not worth any significant ilvl downgrade for us.

Nightblooming frond's increasing melee damage is it's own damage source - recursive strikes - and therefore does not get affected by the ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by imRawn View Post
    Is their any particular reason why most high parsed DH Convergence of Fate + X trinket isn't used as much. I have shoulders + ring and I sim higher result than any of the trinkets I currently have while the popular Memento/BTI sims the lowest. I'm new to simcraft but I'm just assuming the RNG factor of Memento sims poorly or maybe my trinkets ilvl are too low.

865 BTI
    865 EoC
    875 Memento
    875 CoF
    I don't know if it was a lack of punctuation or what, but I didn't understand the question being asked in this post whatsoever. Can you rephrase?

Quote Originally Posted by imRawn View Post
    Is their any particular reason why most high parsed DH Convergence of Fate + X trinket isn't used as much. I have shoulders + ring and I sim higher result than any of the trinkets I currently have while the popular Memento/BTI sims the lowest. I'm new to simcraft but I'm just assuming the RNG factor of Memento sims poorly or maybe my trinkets ilvl are too low.

865 BTI
    865 EoC
    875 Memento
    875 CoF

The answer is, without the shoulders, Convergence of Fate is more or less useless (one of the worst trinkets). The shoulders + CoF means you can time your meta with each Nemesis/CB.

Remove the shoulders and CoF should sim much lower than the others.

Deleted
    Question about potions - I read somewhere (can't remember where) that at 54 traits PoPP and PoOW are becoming equal. Is that still the case?
    I am asking because I tried to test yesterday on the dummy. Did few openers and it seemed to me that maybe I have better results with prolonged power. Not sure if it was just RNG. Old war was doing around 3,5 mln dmg on average. I will try 5 min rotation tonight with 2 metas and 2 potion use to see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Question about potions - I read somewhere (can't remember where) that at 54 traits PoPP and PoOW are becoming equal. Is that still the case?
    I am asking because I tried to test yesterday on the dummy. Did few openers and it seemed to me that maybe I have better results with prolonged power. Not sure if it was just RNG. Old war was doing around 3,5 mln dmg on average. I will try 5 min rotation tonight with 2 metas and 2 potion use to see how it is.
    sim yourself to find out for sure. for me at around 902 ilvl, prolonged power prepot and 2nd pot on single target fight is roughly 7k dps lose to 2 old wars.

edit:actually nevermind that, i simmed myself again with old wars and prolonged potions, and they're pretty neck and neck. weird hmm...
    Last edited by aGit; 2017-02-18 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one sim potion usage?

Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    How does one sim potion usage?
    in simulationcraft once you've imported your shit from armory, change all mentions of old_war to prolonged_power.
    Last edited by aGit; 2017-02-18 at 09:45 AM.

Got a quick relic question, since comparing/siming different relics is a struggle imo. I got a warchief´s shattered tusk ilvl915, however equipped i have a screams of the unworthy ilvl900. my understanding is that over +5ilvls you should take the higher one, might be completely wrong, and that's why im hesitant in replacing it.

I do know that the unworthy relic gives the best trait, but +15 ilvls is still quite alot.

So asking the demon hunter gurus for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Southlound View Post
    Got a quick relic question, since comparing/siming different relics is a struggle imo. I got a warchief´s shattered tusk ilvl915, however equipped i have a screams of the unworthy ilvl900. my understanding is that over +5ilvls you should take the higher one, might be completely wrong, and that's why im hesitant in replacing it.

I do know that the unworthy relic gives the best trait, but +15 ilvls is still quite alot.

So asking the demon hunter gurus for advice.
    here are all the relics simmed:
    https://zarania.github.io/

but as you said, 15ilvl increase even with a worse or completely worthless trait is more than enough to counter a good or bis trait on a lower ilvl relic.

hi guys quick question here.

i used for the first time ever simcraft. so i have no idea about optimal settings or anything and just imported and simed my char with to gearsettings

first was my max crit gear with 38% crit, 27% Mastery, GS 660 => 410k DPS
    next was my max GS gear with 29% crit, 27% Mastery GS 670 => 430k DPS

i simmed both talent specs: fellblade and demonic, same results (well fellblade was 420k vs 440k) but i like demonic more. only legendary i got is the eye beam helmet.

so everywhere it states that crit is the most important. should i go for my crit gear or can i trust simc that my GS gear is realy batter despite low crit?

well this is "only" a twink char and i dont want to be a pro raider with it at all. but at least i would like to wear the right gear settings
    Last edited by arcuro; 2017-02-22 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    hi guys quick question here.

i used for the first time ever simcraft. so i have no idea about optimal settings or anything and just imported and simed my char with to gearsettings

first was my max crit gear with 38% crit, 27% Mastery, GS 660 => 410k DPS
    next was my max GS gear with 29% crit, 27% Mastery GS 670 => 430k DPS

i simmed both talent specs: fellblade and demonic, same results (well fellblade was 420k vs 440k) but i like demonic more. only legendary i got is the eye beam helmet.

so everywhere it states that crit is the most important. should i go for my crit gear or can i trust simc that my GS gear is realy batter despite low crit?

well this is "only" a twink char and i dont want to be a pro raider with it at all. but at least i would like to wear the right gear settings
    That is the "problem" with simc. I had the same problem some weeks ago and used the potential correct gear settings (suggested by simc) into a NH M run. It went horrible.

You should aim for 38-42% crit without the 4p bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need some advice about fury starving. Currently i'm running around at 866 ilvl with 38% crit chance, 29% mastery and i have huge issues getting fury. Sometimes there is no felblade reset and no fury generation from autoattacks (with demon blade passive). I just have the legendary boots (thanks rngsus). How to deal with this? It's frustrating to cannot do anything but auto attacks for somewhat 10+ seconds.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I need some advice about fury starving. Currently i'm running around at 866 ilvl with 38% crit chance, 29% mastery and i have huge issues getting fury. Sometimes there is no felblade reset and no fury generation from autoattacks (with demon blade passive). I just have the legendary boots (thanks rngsus). How to deal with this? It's frustrating to cannot do anything but auto attacks for somewhat 10+ seconds.
    You can fill that time with FR and TG

Deleted
    Hello guys

I get legendary Raddon Cascading eye. I dont have aothg ring. Should i go different than (felblade, firstblood) build? I mean should i change to demonic build, and if I do so, what is the rotation/priority list?

This is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...keone/advanced.

Sorry for my english.

It is worth to switch for demonic build for Skorpyron without the helm? Never played this build before and Im not sure if I will do more than with ST build (have ring and belt).

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    It is worth to switch for demonic build for Skorpyron without the helm? Never played this build before and Im not sure if I will do more than with ST build (have ring and belt).
    Scorpyron is not a fight and it doesn't matter whatsoever. I don't even bother switching spec or using my helm on this fight. Just let the warlocks pad until their heart's content and then I'll link damage done to the boss.

god dam it i just got [Achor, the Eternal Hunger] as a havoc demon hunter.

Deleted
    icy veins guide has 3 build/rotation options. which one is simming better?

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    god dam it i just got [Achor, the Eternal Hunger] as a havoc demon hunter.
    i know that feel bro.. I got Achor and helm... Im afraid my 3rd legendary item will be useless one. Please give me Aothg

Quote Originally Posted by kilonek View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

i know that feel bro.. I got Achor and helm... Im afraid my 3rd legendary item will be useless one. Please give me Aothg
    Exact same for me... I will pray for you lol