Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i just want to repeat: i tanked this instance like 10 times. i farmed 2,5 k coins this week. and very seldom my char drops below 70 % hp, exept some strong hitting abilities from trash, which are not that hard to memorize.

i NEVER got onehit by anything, yes some things are hitting hard, and u HAVE to use or active migiation abilities and cds to some extent. Thats what is called tanking.

Its a learn to play /learn to tank issue, and the problem is not the difficulty of the dungeons, but the downfall of the playerbase overall skill due to to easy welfare dungeons in the last 3 expansions.
    Certain tanks don't really have AM anymore, and glad to see between your 2.5k coins farmed you didn't do it prefix or you would've very clearly noticed the difference.

But hey guys lets all continue to tryhard and get out our epeens over postfix content!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If you want to queue for tw like a boss you should use any legendary and gear with multiple sockets and enchant stuff like mastery/haste w/e benefits your class. Me as a guardian druid - i got the pandaria meta-gem in helm + about 18 sockets with either mastery or agi but mostly mastery and i go with a stam flask = 80k hp. I am usually top dps and i survive like a boss provided everyone else isn't a total retard.

How to Pit of Saron: pull warlock pack with the big add, get them down to 30% then pull the next 2 big adds, get the down to 30% then take 1 of the drake riders, get them to like 50% then run to 1st boss the forgemaster. If dps is enough and people use defensives on his shitty blast no one should die. Next boss i pull all trash + boss, don't stand in green shit and you're fine. After which everyone mounts up and runs through the summoners, i dismount and aggro the last 2 packs, the first packs don't aggro and run with dash + stampeding roar through the tunnel, at the end of the tunnel everyone should pop all cds, cc, defensive etc. Then last boss is cake, stay out of the runes he puts down.

I find it funny how people either ask for harder content or for easier content based on just nothing. Just play the game as is, if it's hard, don't be retarded, if it's easy say thanks for the free currency and items, why can't people just get along?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pit of Saron has always been the hardest Timewalking dungeon since its debut, and now Scourgelord Tyrannus is bugged. But I still find PUGs tend to have the most trouble with the first two bosses, not with him. I've both tanked and healed it since the prepatch, and it's definitely harder now, but still manageable. Your worst enemy, though -- as with anything you queue for -- is random luck with the players you get in your group.

I'm not sure what your problem was, OP, with Nexus. Sounds like DPS was too low or the tank was bad. That's one of the easiest Timewalking dungeons there is. Hope you have a better experience with it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Certain tanks don't really have AM anymore, and glad to see between your 2.5k coins farmed you didn't do it prefix or you would've very clearly noticed the difference.

But hey guys lets all continue to tryhard and get out our epeens over postfix content!
    Why do you bother to post if you obviously don't know what you're talking about? It's not about epeens or tryharding it's about using those abilities in your spellbook properly, what the fuck is wrong with that? What's wrong with playing the game like it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Why do you bother to post if you obviously don't know what you're talking about? It's not about epeens or tryharding it's about using those abilities in your spellbook properly, what the fuck is wrong with that? What's wrong with playing the game like it should be?
    Well you see, when I play my DK I have VB (cooldown), DRW (a useless 3 minute cooldown), and death strike. Bone shield we assume is up passively.

Previously the smash oneshot certain tanks - what would I do in such a situation given its a variable timer (and can't be parried so no DRW), VB the first one and likely getting a second... then what? Hope I have a lucky DS shield just before the smash?

Paladin & BRM are hardly in better spots. Arguably worse. I don't need to hear more from the gods of 7.0 that are warriors/guardians wondering why other tanks have concerns about dying ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    How to Pit of Saron: pull warlock pack with the big add, get them down to 30% then pull the next 2 big adds, get the down to 30% then take 1 of the drake riders, get them to like 50% then run to 1st boss the forgemaster. If dps is enough and people use defensives on his shitty blast no one should die. Next boss i pull all trash + boss, don't stand in green shit and you're fine. After which everyone mounts up and runs through the summoners, i dismount and aggro the last 2 packs, the first packs don't aggro and run with dash + stampeding roar through the tunnel, at the end of the tunnel everyone should pop all cds, cc, defensive etc. Then last boss is cake, stay out of the runes he puts down.
    If you try any of what you just described with anything but a mostly premade group, you'll wipe on every trash pack. The one variable you can never control in dungeon finder groups is ... the group you go in with. And most of them aren't groups rocking multiple Pandaria cloaks and optimized legacy gear, ready for a speed run.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    There's been a lot of buggy ground effects though not just TW. Like on Iskar it'll say you have Fel Incineration even if you don't, Ice Blocking fixes that though. Then on Kilrogg, the pools left by Heartseeker seem huge in comparison to their graphic. There was one that actually covered the whole room, so something is definitely going wrong here.
    The pools from Heartseeker also bug out the same way Iskar's fire does. I got Heartseeker on me one time and noticed that it was ticking for like 20% of my health every second, I was like "WTF why am I taking so much damage??", looked up at my debuffs and saw that I had both the Heartseeker debuff, and the blood pool debuff, long after I had moved back to the raid.

And even after the boss died, the blood pool debuff was still ticking on me and I died and had to be rezzed.

Also noticed this same thing happening with some axe-related ground effect in Iron Docks. A warlock got it on him and was taking damage from it for the entire rest of the instance. Didn't go away until we killed the last boss. So it seems that a lot of damaging ground effects are bugged to keep damaging you even after you move out of them.

Nice game, blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last boss in Pit of Saron was still bugged last I checked. During the enrage, his movement speed is supposed to decrease. Even says in the tooltip of the enrage. That's how it worked back in WotLK as well.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

rubbish, did it as a warrior tank with 48khp, healer died while boss was on 60% tanked it with no issues. Its bugged for sure since on my rogue the whole ground was iced n bla.. but yeah overtuned ? .. rubbish.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tanked timewalker Utgarde Pinnacle on a prot warrior and it was fairly painful. Finally something fun! After all these pathetic pile of crap lvl 20-60 instances where everything died in 3 gcds all the time and never needed heals.

Deleted
    To be fair you are meant to make Tyrannus run through the ice patches that Rimefang spawns, and they slow him, buth those patches don't slow him for some reason in TW. Enrage didn't slow Tyrannus in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    rubbish, did it as a warrior tank with 48khp, healer died while boss was on 60% tanked it with no issues. Its bugged for sure since on my rogue the whole ground was iced n bla.. but yeah overtuned ? .. rubbish.
    Yeah, it got nerfed to fuck on Wednesday. Try it as a 25k HP pally tank when the boss does 30% more damage.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did 3x pit of saron as a healer last week and not once, not once, did I ever see a 70-80% spike on the last boss. This was before it was nerfed as far as I know. In fact the one thing I -love- about this instance is how everything seems incredibly well balanced. Offering a real challenge without being undoable, and having to actually care about mechanichs, this instance is what every heroic should be. Ultimately it's content like this that makes you better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Enrage didn't slow Tyrannus in wotlk
    Yes it did. I tanked him many times. Here's the spell.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I think it is really fun that people complain that all content is too easy etc. But when it gets hard ppl also whine xD
    This dungeon may be overtuned, but that is what makes it fun. First boss do alot of dmg on the entire party if ppl are clueless. 2nd boss will oneshot non tanks if standing too close during the posion nova or whatever it is called if no dmg reduction is active ofc. The last boss is kind of stupid for the tank if there is no timer. I still havn't figured out a way to predict the smash without the timers, normally I really hate using timers, I prefer learning the fights. Most bosses has some kind of warning for abilites, either by yelling something, it is a part of a combo, an energibar/buff etc, but non for the smash. So if u are a tank(Or even healer for external), then get DBM WOTLK mod and u will have the timer for that and alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    I think it is really fun that people complain that all content is too easy etc. But when it gets hard ppl also whine xD
    This dungeon may be overtuned, but that is what makes it fun. First boss do alot of dmg on the entire party if ppl are clueless. 2nd boss will oneshot non tanks if standing too close during the posion nova or whatever it is called if no dmg reduction is active ofc. The last boss is kind of stupid for the tank if there is no timer. I still havn't figured out a way to predict the smash without the timers, normally I really hate using timers, I prefer learning the fights. Most bosses has some kind of warning for abilites, either by yelling something, it is a part of a combo, an energibar/buff etc, but non for the smash. So if u are a tank(Or even healer for external), then get DBM WOTLK mod and u will have the timer for that and alot more.
    This thread is from July. The dungeon you're being so elitist about got nerfed two days after the thread was made. Boss and trash damage was cut by 30%, and player ilvl went up by about 50. Also, DBM does not have a timer for Forceful Smash. You just have to use the Force and predict it. Pre nerf, some tanks couldn't survive it even with a CD. Paladins needed layered CDs or a full immunity.

Deleted
    there result is that now people just blame healers, who are only ones struggling and rest of the group doesn't care mechanics and expects walk in the park.
    i wish they would make the opposite, some serious one shot mechanics but directed to people who do mistakes, like if dps doesn't interrupt then they die but rest of the group can recover. or that there are crowd controllable non-aggroable mobs who attack dps with cc ability or players who brake cc.

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    there result is that now people just blame healers, who are only ones struggling and rest of the group doesn't care mechanics and expects walk in the park.
    i wish they would make the opposite, some serious one shot mechanics but directed to people who do mistakes, like if dps doesn't interrupt then they die but rest of the group can recover. or that there are crowd controllable non-aggroable mobs who attack dps with cc ability or players who brake cc.
    Even then, you could still blame RShamans and MMonks for not interrupting. I know I do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Even then, you could still blame RShamans and MMonks for not interrupting. I know I do.
    when exactly? right now they do, like you said yourself you are doing that. "some serious one shot mechanics but directed to people who do mistakes" - includes healers. your point?
    i was talking about DIRECTED abilities, mob starts to cast on dps, nobody else except that dps can interrupt that, and if he/she doesn't he/she dies.
    or healer gets magic disease, and needs to dispel it, nobody else can do it, even shadowpriest can't with mass dispel. if healer doesn't dispel him/herself he/she dies instantly.
    Last edited by mmoce25a800b33; 2016-08-17 at 09:09 AM.