10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    It was also interesting to see Pence's press release about the Russian hacks and how out of tune in a good way to Trump's comments. I just imagine him looking in the mirror and asking out loud "what the fuck did I sign up for".
    I think that level of self reflection is lost on many GOP members these days. Were it not, so many wouldn't have thrown their dignity out the window and even begrudgingly latched onto Trump.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I think that level of self reflection is lost on many GOP members these days. Were it not, so many wouldn't have thrown their dignity out the window and even begrudgingly latched onto Trump.
    That's a good point. Although the Republicans for Trump last night were fun to see to offset that. I am even going to go out on a limb and say a major GOP player will come out and say before the election that Trump is so dangerous that he will vote for Clinton.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

You know at first I wasn't sure why or how Trump go this far but then I stopped to think about it. I realized that he is the embodiment of all the selfish, racist, and privileged white people in this country. He doesn't have any real plans or ideas and he acts like a 10 year old (and that's putting it lightly). Sure Clinton isn't perfect and she did lie but I honestly think it was more to hide the fact that she made a mistake and felt ashamed of it. In fact, I don't question either candidate's patriotism despite what Trump has recently said or what Clinton has recently done. I do however look at Clinton's past and what she has accomplished as opposed to Trump. It seems to me that people are more attracted to Trump because he's a bigot rather than because they hate Clinton. I really feel like they use Clinton's e-mail scandal just as an excuse to like Trump because I just don't see any reasonable and mentally mature person voting for this man. I mean don't even get me started on the double standard here... all Trump has to say is "just kidding" and everybody seems to go along with it and ignore the fact yet continue to call Hillary a liar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Presidential nominees and their VP picks are two separate people, this expectation that they would have the same personality and some stances on every single issue is ludicrous. I mean Tim Kaine has openly said he is against abortion as a Catholic, pretty much the polar opposite from Hillary's stance. Trump, as a non-politician, prefers the non PC approach. Pence prefers the PC approach, who cares?
    No he said he morally opposed abortion but that he wasn't going to forbade it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    No he said he morally opposed abortion but that he wasn't going to forbade it.
    Isn't that the same thing as what I just said? You just changed "against" for "morally opposed" and added something I never mentioned one way or the other.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Et tu, ghospanther? I expected this from Stommped but not from you.

I liked Hillary's message more than I did Trump. In a vacuum it would still hold true regardless of who says it. Her message was more possitive. Trump's message comes as something someone with a big ego would say.
    I am not a forum fitter. I liked Trump's speech better, because it is more realistic and address the problems this country is facing and experiencing right now.

And in case some may have missed it, Trump's speech topped Hillary's in the ratings. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...fEQ?li=BBnb7Kz

I'm beginning to think the Republican ticket is the reverse of their 2008 ticket. Trump is Palin, Pence is McCain trying to keep a lid on the crazy bitch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am not a forum fitter. I liked Trump's speech better, because it is more realistic and address the problems this country is facing and experiencing right now.

And in case some may have missed it, Trump's speech topped Hillary's in the ratings. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...fEQ?li=BBnb7Kz
    By all rational and objective accounts, Trump painted a picture of fear and potential destruction.

The only destruction this nation is facing is from white nationalists who would make enemies of their political opponents and bedfellows of Putin.

The country is better off than it was 8 years ago. Some demographics have not shared in nearly as much of that success as others, mostly the middle class, but that does not mean this country is somehow in the danger Trump pictured it as. Trump would divide the nation, meanwhile Hillary's speech sought unity. What do you think is more important in making America greater, making us fear our own and jump into bed with Putin, or uniting even with political rivals to defeat common enemies?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember Trump's patriotic singing girls? They are threatening to sue him over undelivered promises:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/26/politi...trump-lawsuit/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you sure?
    What you talking about? Lol I accidentally posted it. It's gone now.

10+ Year Old Account

Your point being? Lots of people rubber neck on the highway as they drive by accidents as well. Simple viewership isn't a reasonable metric in which to measure a speech in any significant way.

For your consideration.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57...b0693164c0c4bb
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...?client=safari
    To biased for you?
    How about this?
    http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/...orably-trumps/
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Remember Trump's patriotic singing girls? They are threatening to sue him over undelivered promises:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/26/politi...trump-lawsuit/
    What number lawsuit would this be, 4376?

10+ Year Old Account
    A week or two after the election Trump is due in court for his Trump University fiasco. President elect due in court for his scam fake school. How apropos.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Oh this is how Trump replied Today.

Trump Says He Wanted to 'Hit a Couple of Speakers So Hard'

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-says...opstories.html
    If you actually watch the full video instead of getting your opinions from headlines it is clear.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=hit%20piece

Pandaren were a mistake

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Isn't that the same thing as what I just said? You just changed "against" for "morally opposed" and added something I never mentioned one way or the other.
    Its different because you said policy wise. Tim Kaine policy wise is not against abortion. Pence policywise is against protectionist measures since he openly showed support for the TPP, voted for the IRAQ war, for the expansion of NAFTA and other free trade agreements, a key pillar in Trump's campaign.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-07-30 at 12:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    A week or two after the election Trump is due in court for his Trump University fiasco. President elect due in court for his scam fake school. How apropos.
    I am just waiting for Curiel to allow the video depositions to be released as asked for by the media.

"At one point, he told Trump that the businessman had stated he had "one of the best memories in the world," according to a transcript that includes hundreds of pages of testimony.
    "I don't know. Did I use that expression?" Trump asked. When told he had used the phrase, the billionaire asked to see evidence that he had said it, being told there was video of his remark.

"Did I say I have a great memory or one of the best in the world?" Trump asked for clarification, to which he was told he'd said he had "one of the best in the world."

"I don't remember saying that. As good as my memory is, I don't remember that, but I have a good memory," Trump responded.

"So you don't remember saying that you have one of the best memories in the world?" Forge asked.

"I don't remember that. I remember you telling me, but I don't know that I said it," Trump continued.

He stood by another expression that he had "one of the all-time great memories."
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...reatest-memory

7+ Year Old Account

It was not realistic and made a mountain out of a mole hill of the issues, without providing any realistic solution to the problems he speaked of.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    By all rational and objective accounts, Trump painted a picture of fear and potential destruction.

The only destruction this nation is facing is from white nationalists who would make enemies of their political opponents and bedfellows of Putin.

The country is better off than it was 8 years ago. Some demographics have not shared in nearly as much of that success as others, mostly the middle class, but that does not mean this country is somehow in the danger Trump pictured it as. Trump would divide the nation, meanwhile Hillary's speech sought unity. What do you think is more important in making America greater, making us fear our own and jump into bed with Putin, or uniting even with political rivals to defeat common enemies?
    I disagree. Which explains why I am not voting for Obama 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

It was not realistic and made a mountain out of a mole hill of the issues, without providing any realistic solution to the problems he speaked of.
    Well, if you do not like Trump and are not going to vote for him ( you a US citizen? ) then I can see how you feel that way. I am however not one of those, so I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Which explains why I am not voting for Obama 2.0.
    Based on what metrics? Feelings?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not just that, but who it is he is once again ripping off. This is not some enemy of his or someone who is even neutral about Trump, but once again... He is ripping off his own most loyal supporters... He has now ripped off his tenants, his friends, those who spent 1000s in their trust of him and now his campaign cheerleaders. Do these Trump supporters think they are special and he won't rip them off, just like it seems he has everyone who believed in him, that's not named Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    So who's gonna vote for him? I'm still undecided.