The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

So I repeat; the bit you put in bold, above? That's a false equivalence. We have more than just allegations on Trump's end of things, and the allegations in both cases aren't even comparable, since the ones against Trump are far more credible. Equating the two is either an attempt to play down Trump's behaviour, or slander Bill Clinton, but it's not a fair and equitable treatment of the two sets of circumstances.
    Why are Bill Clinton's actions relevant to the Hillary/Trump campaign? This is the question that seems to be dropped by Trumpers (I know you agree with this question - just making a point for others).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    What are the allegations against Hillary Clinton? Again, Bill is not running...
    Exactly . . .

all these trump "sexual harassment and sexual assault" claims are starting to see way to convenient.

like why now and why all of a sudden?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    all these trump "sexual harassment and sexual assault claims" are starting to see way to convenient.

Several reasons. People should know who they are voting for. The "Cosby Effect" of momentum (although I'm making that up as a phrase). Trump's bullying people won't be as easy with national attention on the accusers - they will be protected from his sue into submission practice.

Lots of legit reasons for many coming out of the woodwork right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because "all of a sudden" Trump denied acting that way on national TV during a Presidential debate.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Several reasons. People should know who they are voting for. The "Cosby Effect" of momentum (although I'm making that up as a phrase). Trump's bullying people won't be as easy with national attention on the accusers - they will be protected from his sue into submission practice.

Lots of legit reasons for many coming out of the woodwork right now.
    just seem too convenient and suspicious to me now.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Why would you want to "use" my dad?': Eric Garner's daughter slams Clinton campaign over WikiLeaks emails

http://www.businessinsider.com/eric-...emails-2016-10
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    all these trump "sexual harassment and sexual assault" claims are starting to see way to convenient.

So if a bunch of accusations of shady behavior from unconfirmed sources happen all at once, they should be considered suspicious and not believed?

Be careful. This is a leading question.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    'Why would you want to "use" my dad?': Eric Garner's daughter slams Clinton campaign over WikiLeaks emails

http://www.businessinsider.com/eric-...emails-2016-10
    Lets hear the Hillary supporters defend this. This 2 party system needs to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Agreed. A two party system is the perfect way to polarize your population and create inter-cultural conflicts. The US are a mess right now, with the two worst candidates they ever had for president.

But without a complete reform of how the political system work, I don't see this happening.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    just seem too convenient and suspicious to me now.
    Well maybe Trump would have done better off for himself by keeping his mouth shut instead of enticing women across the US to come forward with accusations.

Not that he can ever keep his mouth shut, even when it will benefit him. He's so obsessed with the spotlight that he can't ever let the focus move off him even if its negative attention.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So if a bunch of accusations of shady behavior from unconfirmed sources happen all at once, they should be considered suspicious and not believed?

Be careful. This is a leading question.
    like i said.
    why is it happening now?
    why is it happening this close to the election?

10+ Year Old Account
    like i said.
    why is it happening now?
    So, not answering? Good. It is a leading question. You're very smart to back away from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even CNN has Clinton at 270+ now, so Trumsters, please save yourselves the embarrassment and stay home. Clinton voters, do your civic duty and go out and vote!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be naive and pretend that these sorts of conversations don't happen behind the scenes in every political campaign. More parties won't change the fact that people and stories will always be part of furthering political platforms.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-10-27 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Another far fetched conclusion using a made up context. That email doesn't even use the phrase "use eric garner" like it dishonestly suggests. They're talking about writing an article and whether or not it's appropriate to include anything about him when the piece is about gun violence and he has nothing to do with gun violence.

Instead of just regurgitating outrageous claims that other people make, why don't you try to argue why that email suggests such a thing? You haven't done that once for any of the bullshit you've been called out on.
    You just move the goal posts. You get emails discussing using the deaths of people as political hot potatoes and that's still not enough. And it won't be enough unless Billy Burke releases an audio of Hillary in a bus talking about how easy it is being a politician and milking it for every penny you can

10+ Year Old Account
    like i said.
    why is it happening now?
    Cue the Cartman "I'm just asking questions" bit.

It's happening now because Trump denied doing it now. I haven't heard of any actual lawsuits being filed against Trump, this is just people coming out and saying "Oh, yeah, he totally did exactly what he said he does, he did it to me." "And me." "Me too."

If he wasn't frantically denying this kind off behaviour, they likely would never have come forward, because it sure seems like they just thought it was creepy and weird, not something they wanted to sue over.

It's the kind of thing you might just want to ignore when it's some rich guy whose lawyers would drown you in paperwork if you tried to make a thing out of it, but when that rich guy's about to become the President while saying he respects women more than anyone, that just might be galling enough to get you to come forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Don't be naive and pretend that these sorts of conversations don't happen behind the scenes in every political campaign.

More parties won't change the fact that people and stories will always be "used" to further political goals.
    Probably, but it would be easier to focus on the issues and not get so distracted by flame topics like cop shootings and racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Cue the Cartman "I'm just asking questions" bit.

It's happening now because Trump denied doing it now. I haven't heard of any actual lawsuits being filed against Trump, this is just people coming out and saying "Oh, yeah, he totally did exactly what he said he does, he did it to me." "And me." "Me too."

If he wasn't frantically denying this kind off behaviour, they likely would never have come forward, because it sure seems like they just thought it was creepy and weird, not something they wanted to sue over.

It's the kind of thing you might just want to ignore when it's some rich guy whose lawyers would drown you in paperwork if you tried to make a thing out of it, but when that rich guy's about to become the President while saying he respects women more than anyone, that just might be galling enough to get you to come forward.
    so the usually "trump is a loud mouth hypocrite" stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but it would be easier to focus on the issues and not get so distracted by flame topics like cop shootings and racism.
    Easier? Not necessarily. Better? For sure.

The thing is that politicians address the lowest common denominator in order to get as many votes as they can, so that often involves rhetorical tools like appeals to emotion and authority. Using people's deaths as talking points in a discussion about, for example, gun violence, is just a rhetorical strategy they use to persuade people that their stance is the correct one.

I mean, gun violence is something I would call "an issue". In that respect it bears talking about, and political rhetoric is just a fact of life that we have to accept is the way these things will get talked about. We can blame the ancient Greeks I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that, it would also mean that getting a larger group of people spewing nonsense would be harder. Sure, you'd have extremists, but these are harder to come by when the choices are wider.
    Google Diversity Memo