Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Amy's Baking Company closed

I just found out that this shit show of a restaurant finally closed.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...pany-to-close/

That was my second favorite kitchen nightmare episode lol. One thing I didn't agree with though was the slack they caught for not allowing waitress to keep tips, they paid them a fair salary, the only thing they did wrong was telling customers they shouldn't tip

lolwut? You can't take wait staff's tips. If you do, you have to post clearly that the wait staff doesn't get any of the tips left for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shit they were pulling should have landed them in prison.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

That place was just... there are no words really. Usually his episodes have one or two try hards that can be harnessed to save the restaurant, but neither of those people were worthy of saving, imo. I mean, I play WoW and video games a LOT and I have to say those two lived in a bigger fantasy world than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    The shit they were pulling should have landed them in prison.
    What did they do that was illegal? That bitch is crazy but I don't think they did anything illegal.

This kitchen nightmares show is staged right.. right?

More importantly, has the old "tough guy" had his cunt kicked in yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, I remember this one. She had lunatic eyes, i’m astonished it took this long for that place to flounder.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Oh god, I remember this one. She had lunatic eyes, i’m astonished it took this long for that place to flounder.
    Well, since that article is from a year ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    This kitchen nightmares show is staged right.. right?
    The shit they pulled wasn't isolated to just this Kitchen Nightmare's episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What did they do that was illegal? That bitch is crazy but I don't think they did anything illegal.
    Stealing employees tips. If it isn't illegal, it should be.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Well, since that article is from a year ago...
    That episode is older than a year old, so I sit justified, that place should have been closed the instant Ramsay left, if not, 1 week later at the longest.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That was my second favorite kitchen nightmare episode lol. One thing I didn't agree with though was the slack they caught for not allowing waitress to keep tips, they paid them a fair salary, the only thing they did wrong was telling customers they shouldn't tip
    I seem to remember their wages were still pretty low, then after that aired they raised the wages to make it seem not too bad, then made their waiters sign some asinine contract. Even if they were getting a decent wage beforehand, the customers had no idea that was the case and probably wouldn't have tipped. I remember following the implosion of these 2, I'm not usually into these shows but it was comedy gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    That episode is older than a year old, so I sit justified, that place should have been closed the instant Ramsay left, if not, 1 week later at the longest.
    Yes.
    However, it was in Scottsdale so there were plenty of douchebags like the owners to keep them afloat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Stealing employees tips. If it isn't illegal, it should be.
    When you pay someone who lives off tips, you pay them 2.13hr, they where making something like 9.50hr, if they took the tips and didn't report them on their taxes they are breaking the law. But then again so is the restaurant if they are not reporting tips they took for themselves. Either way there should have been a sign up saying tipping is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I seem to remember their wages were still pretty low, then after that aired they raised the wages to make it seem not too bad, then made their waiters sign some asinine contract. Even if they were getting a decent wage beforehand, the customers had no idea that was the case and probably wouldn't have tipped. I remember following the implosion of these 2, I'm not usually into these shows but it was comedy gold.
    I saw an article about that contract they signed. it was so shitty. I'll see if I can find it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the contract.

http://www.eater.com/2013/6/28/64118...crazy-contract

Signatories of the 20-item "mutual agreement" agree to the following ([sic] to everything, where applicable):
    1). No Cell Phones allowed while working.

2). No outside Food or Beverages may be brought inside ABC.

3). If you fail to show up for your scheduled shift we may penalize you monetarily.

4). When you show up for work you must be dressed appropriately, and properly covered. And you must be ready to work with your hair pulled back, and hands washed by no later than 5minutes before your scheduled shift begins.

5). Any type of attitude will result in immediate termination.

6). You must leave the premise immediately after your scheduled shift, and no family or friends may come to see you while working.

7). You must remain in your designated working area.

8). No purses or bags are allowed inside ABC, (exceptions may be made) however upon leaving a designated employee of ABC has the legal right and consent to inspect any and all packages that you may have brought with you.

9). At no point is any food or any type of open beverage allowed in the kitchen. This is a direct Health Code Violation.

10). ABC has multiple security cameras and any type of theft will be punished by the fullest extent of the Law.

11). No visiting or unnecessary talking is allowed during your work shift. This causes distractions and results in loss of product. Any may result in possible harm to you, or to others.

12). Workers must keep their hair pulled back in a bun and no facial hair is allowed (unless for religious beliefs).

13). Any product such as food or plates that are broken or burned due to direct negligence will be taken from your pay check at ABC's cost.

14). Respect and distance must be given to all fellow employees. No harassment or bulling of any type will be tolerated and will be cause for immediate termination. If such an event happens you must report the incident immediately to Samy or Amy Bouzaglo.

15) You must treat the equipment and all property of ABC with respect .Equipment should be cleaned and maintained nightly as part of your scheduled shifts responsibilities.

16) Holidays and Weekends are Mandatory, by signing this contract you are accepting that you will be required to work all Holidays, and Weekends. Due to the nature of our Industry this is a necessity and any No-Show will be monetarily penalized with a fee of $250.00.

17) The recipes and techniques that have been developed by Amy at ABC are exclusive and shall remain confidential. Any removal of recipes will be considered theft.

18) You must possess a current Maricopa County Food Handlers Card.

19) The wait staff understands that any and all "tips" are property of the "house." By signing this contract, you agree that you willingly accept a payment of $8.00 to $12.00 per hour to ensure that you will receive some type of payment. Due to the volatile nature of any retail business we are unable to predict when we will have buissness.By signing this contact you agree that you are willfully accepting a payment of $___ per hour instead of tips.

20) It takes a great deal of time, energy and patience on the part of Samy & Amy (the owners) to train and teach our employees. We are investing in you as a new employee, and we are paying you to teach you. By signing this contract you are hereby accepting that you will be employed exclusively by ABC Amy's Baking Co. LLC. And shall not work for any competitor within a 50 mile radius of ABC within one year of temination or voluntary Resignation, without prior authorization from ABC. Amy's Baking Co LLC. Nor shall you be allowed to open your own business of the same type, within the above mentioned radius.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I saw an article about that contract they signed. it was so shitty. I'll see if I can find it again.
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ling-contract/

Honestly, it was one of the more shady companies I have ever seen. The taking of tips was ridiculous, especially since a lot of people are forced to claim tip on their tax returns. I can't believe people were stupid enough to work for those two douchebags.

I find it funny that a lot of people on these forums have advocated that we shouldn't have to tip people for their jobs that they should be paid a higher wage, Amy does it and gets slammed for doing it. LOL.