Deleted

How to hand out guild gold to buy gear for raiders

My guild has about 32 million gold available for our raiders to get them some craftables or BoE's for the start of Emerald Nightmare.

The guild is a semi hardcore 3d/w guild (1 raiding alt required for split runs). For us this will be the first time we have these amounts of gold in the guild bank. We are based on a pretty low populated realm and got about 3 other guilds competing for server first, although I believe we probably have the most gold available since those other guilds didn't do alot of boosting or just took breaks. Probably going for top 300'ish world ranking.

Every raider has an average budget of about 800k, some have abit more and some abit less, based on their role and raider status.

So basicly we've been thinking about 2 different systems to deal with the gold:

1. Let every raider make their 'shopping list' and then the officers buy the gear from that list and hand it out. This will give more control but probably also takes alot of time to manage for the officers.
    2. Just hand out the budget to every raider (800k average) and then just let them handle it themselves. Should take alot less time to manage but it might also give less results because raiders pay too much for gear or don't spend the gold and just use it for non-raiding purposes.

So what would be a good way to deal with this in a smart way.
    We would prefer that the officers are in control but without it taking excessive amounts of time for them.

Another question would be when to actually buy the gear.
    My impression is that you gear up in dungeons and hope to get alot of titanforged pieces and then fill a couple of remaining weaker slots with craftables/BoE's. This would mean that you would buy the gear relatively late, possible about 4-5 days before the launch of Emerald Nightmare.
    Last edited by mmoc102aea4e6b; 2016-07-27 at 10:32 PM.

If you suspect that your guild members would spend the gold on non-gear items, have it run via the guild bank by the officers.

You'd be better off just having the officers do it, or even one person. It wouldn't be too difficult. Just get your raiders to mail/forum post what items they want, make a list, and buy them.

You should also get your guildies to help each other in the same way. For example, let the guild bank buy from your guildies for other guildies. Say, if I get a BoE epic drop and I don't need it, but my Hunter friend does... well the Gbank can buy it for him without making the person who found it lose out.

Also, have your guild members craft for each other if they can, again, using the Gbank's gold.

As for when to do it -- the reset before the raids come out - AFTER you've done all the heroic dungeons and main world quest of that week. Save up all your crafting materials etc for the reset before. If you don't raid immediately on server up, then you can even wait until after the reset, for last minute heroics/quests etc, but before raid time.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-07-27 at 10:51 PM.

Have them buy the items themselves up to the budget of 800K gold, then reimburse them when they send you a screenshot of the equipped gear/cost. That way you only have to trade them when reimbursing, rather than buying their items for them, and you don't have issues with them spending on random stuff etc.

Deleted
    We give our raiders gold at the end of every week and stress how important it is to use that gold wisely and not just buy the 2M spider mount on day 1.

For us it lets us weed out the players not serious about progression but i suppose you wont have a roster of 29 people.

Another reason to give them gold is so they can spend on things like flasks/food/gems/enchants which will be expensive at the start of the expansion.

You can in theory craft yourself to 850 before raid comes out. But I assume most people pushing for ranks wont need to. Only those few pieces that you didnt get from dungeons or world quests which really drag your ilvl down will need craftables.

You can do it 2 ways imo.
    1. Start buying/crafting obliterum to hand out to your guild so before you go raid you can upgrade the crafted gear.
    2. Give the raiders an equal share of the gold and hope they spend it wisely.

If you keep the gold you should make sure you provide enough pots/flasks/food or get people to donate mats they have farmed

The worst thing would be to waste lots of gold then gain an upgrade inside EM but thats sods law i guess
    Last edited by mmoc343814da7d; 2016-07-28 at 05:39 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think having an allowance per member is probably the best way to go about it with your guild bank gold, just throw it to them as they need stuff and keep track of the gold per individual member. Initially that's what we were going to do going into Legion because when I just divided gold evenly in MoP, some people bowed out before raiding came along or spent it on things that weren't really for a raid (pets, mounts).

I was going to do an allowance thing and save up all our gold runs for the guild bank but eventually just decided gold cap on the guild bank would be enough, and just split the gold evenly with everybody since then. We would have well north of 30 million ourselves if I had saved it all, but I just didn't see the point this time. The difference between WoD and Legion is that in WoD you could gold your way to an item level that far exceeded or equaled normal/heroic Highmaul when it first came out. WoD had crafted gear, BoE world epics and the BMAH. Legion by comparison only has crafted gear that equals normal mode content iLvL if you fully upgraded it, fully upgraded WoD crafted gear was like heroic iLvL making it way more worth it, but also expensive. No doubt Legion crafted gear will be expensive as well, but it's not like you're getting a massive iLvL upgrade that WoD provided by essentially giving you 3 pieces of gear that are heroic iLvL before you even stepped foot in Highmaul.

Not saying it's not worth it, as crafted gear in Legion is still a great way to hit the 850 cap and also provide some protection for some members who had terrible luck at a couple slots. We will probably spot people some crafted gear in those scenarios as well. However, I just don't think an absurd amount of gold is going to go as far in Legion as it did in WoD for the launch. Most people are just going to spam the ever living shit out of heroics to TF/WF their way to 850 iLvL in their quest to obtain a Legendary item along the way.

Are your officers role specific?

In a guild pushing content lots of control makes more sense to me. If I had an officer who was the "healer" officer I'd have him look at the healers, look at the BIS, and figure out a list for the healers with an eye for efficient gearing. For instance, it doesn't make sense for all of your healers to buy a necklace. A necklace will drop, and especially if it's on an early boss, it might drop quickly. There's no reason to instantly have one of the items you spent gold on to be replaced. But if only 2 buy necklaces, you can give the necklace to one of the others. You've geared well and you've geared efficiently. If an officer isn't sure about BIS, they can obviously consult with any raider they need to, but I'd have them make the decisions. This obviously takes the most time, but it would also put you in the best position to clear quickly.

If you were looking for a shorter way I'd just look at the raid and distribute by slot. So you might say we're going to buy 1 set of cloth caster boots, 2 cloth caster gloves, 5 caster rings, and 1 cloth caster belt. You tell us which ones you prefer. You get to determine the distribution of gear across people who would compete for it so you don't end up replacing stuff on the first boss.

Another thing to consider is that at least some of your raiders are crafters. You can probably stretch your gold a little further by having them craft their own gear. If you decide that you're going to have 2 healers with a crafted necklace, you may consider paying them if they get it themselves. Instead of spending X for it crafted from the AH, you can offer the raider X - 15% or so in gold. If you decide to go with a list, you can even give preference to people who craft their own gear for the discount. So if every caster wants a crafted caster necklace, it can go to the person who actually makes it themselves and saves the guild some gold.

I say all of this as well firmly believing that a ML system progresses you a little faster, especially if you're trying to climb world rankings. You can basically plan who's getting specific drops first, and plan for that to be one of their worst items. It's a small difference, but so is a ring enchant. Those small differences add up across an entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperi0n View Post
    My guild has about 32 million gold available for our raiders to get them some craftables or BoE's for the start of Emerald Nightmare.

The guild is a semi hardcore 3d/w guild (1 raiding alt required for split runs). For us this will be the first time we have these amounts of gold in the guild bank. We are based on a pretty low populated realm and got about 3 other guilds competing for server first, although I believe we probably have the most gold available since those other guilds didn't do alot of boosting or just took breaks. Probably going for top 300'ish world ranking.

Every raider has an average budget of about 800k, some have abit more and some abit less, based on their role and raider status.

1. Let every raider make their 'shopping list' and then the officers buy the gear from that list and hand it out. This will give more control but probably also takes alot of time to manage for the officers.
    2. Just hand out the budget to every raider (800k average) and then just let them handle it themselves. Should take alot less time to manage but it might also give less results because raiders pay too much for gear or don't spend the gold and just use it for non-raiding purposes.

We would prefer that the officers are in control but without it taking excessive amounts of time for them.

My impression is that you gear up in dungeons and hope to get alot of titanforged pieces and then fill a couple of remaining weaker slots with craftables/BoE's. This would mean that you would buy the gear relatively late, possible about 4-5 days before the launch of Emerald Nightmare.
    i would start by not having to high expectations towards how much gear you will be able to buy - if you play on big server you should rememebr that in first week of wod bis boes were going for anywhere between 250-500k and it was before wod's inflation - you can safely assume legion prices will oscilate around 1-2 mln (especially if we will have anything like candle trinket :P) in first few weeks for bis parts so your raiders with 800k seems kinda unprepared ...
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-28 at 10:13 AM.

Have every person do their best at farming gear at the start of the expansion. Have everyone do Mythic dungeons each week and have them do their world quests. Heroics are also decent if you have nothing else to do for 850 titanforged gear. One or two weeks before the raid opens have everyone PM one of your officers which items they need and then have the officers sort out who needs what. If you have crafters in your guild then pay them for their blood of sargeras if they craft gear for the guild. Regurarly scan the AH and buy cheap crafting materials that the crafters can use to craft the guild gear.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i would start by not having to high expectations towards how much gear you will be able to buy - if you play on big server you should rememebr that in first week of wod bis boes were going for anywhere between 250-500k and it was before wod's inflation - you can safely assume legion prices will oscilate around 1-2 mln (especially if we will have anything like candle trinket :P) in first few weeks for bis parts so your raiders with 800k seems kinda unprepared ...
    I don't think so TBH.

First off to my knowledge, the world drop BoE epics don't exist in Legion like they did in WoD. If you get a world drop item in Legion it's going to be a legendary item and those are BoP anyways. The reason why WoD BoE epics were so sought after and expensive was because most of the powerful ones were trinkets, which were as powerful or more powerful than anything you could get in Highmaul. All the other BoE epics while good, didn't sell for nearly as much, but they would still sell more than crafted stuff in Legion because they offered a higher iLvL than what was available prior to raids going out.

The reason why I don't think crafted loot will be nearly as expensive is because the cap on crafting is 850 and mythic and heroic dungeons can give you that item level. There is no huge advantage to crafting like there was in WoD. In WoD even though you could only use 3 pieces of gear, you could potentially get 3 perfectly itemized pieces of gear that had basically +30 ilvL over anything else you could obtain (not counting BoE world drops) prior to raids coming out. Even then the actual iLvL advantage from those crafted items were higher, because the only way you could get 640 gear was random loot boxes for doing a CM dungeon each day. Realistically you would have a lot of 630 to 636 gear from heroics unless you dropped gold into crafting, BoE epics or the BMAH when Highmaul first came out.

So the advantage that existed in WoD BoE/Crafted items just isn't there in Legion. I'd have to see how grindy it is to actually get that many materials to actually craft up to 850, but keep in mind that raw materials in the world have shared nodes in Legion for 'x' amount of time. For sure prices will be inflated some, but there should be a pretty healthy supply of raw materials (outside of skinning) when you take into account people can share ore/herbs for the first time ever.

Lastly I doubt the guilds that save tens of millions of gold are the type of guilds that will need to spend that much gold on each individual raider anyway. Chances are if you take your preparation that seriously, your members are going to be serious enough to run heroics until their brains fall out, meaning the chances you would have to craft an immense amount of 850 gear is going to be kinda low. Then again what else is their to really spend gold on in this game?

I know we will be buying crafted gear for members, but ideally it's going to be for weak slots that they just didn't have any luck in obtaining.

I would just keep it in the guild bank and spend it on craftable 850s if some people are missing slots going into mythic EN. The prices will have also dropped by then so you're getting more value compared to giving people 800k and them spending them unwisely.

The Darkmoon (inscription) trinkets look pretty shite so you won't have to spend 1M on them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    The Darkmoon (inscription) trinkets look pretty shite so you won't have to spend 1M on them at least.
    huh? The darkmoon trinket is better than all the mythic EN trinkets on some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    huh? The darkmoon trinket is better than all the mythic EN trinkets on some classes.
    You sure it's still the case post nerf?

The healing one was BiS aswell before it got nerfed so bad it's now arguably worse than the stat sticks from WQ's.

32 million gold wtf. Why are you even making a thread? Buy everyone everything they want. But no, you buy the noes and give it to them directly. Do not ever I've gold directly to anyone. No reason to really.

- - - Updated - - -

32 million gold wtf. Why are you even making a thread? Buy everyone everything they want. But no, you buy the noes and give it to them directly. Do not ever I've gold directly to anyone. No reason to really.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The guild I am GM of (Legacy Reborn) is in a similar position in regard to wealth and how to distribute it.

Don't forget a hybrid system - Give each member a modest amount (say 300k) and everything above that is reimbursable by officers up to their allowance. We're tracking all this in a spreadsheet as a guild.

My recommendation to our members is to use the gold wisely and in an informed fashion. Many folks have large amounts of gold saved up. If you want to be in on progression, you need to be one of the 20 best performing raiders. If you have a bench with sufficient talent, the incentive is already there for your raiders to make the best decision possible with the gold and upgrade their character's "power" instead of buying a mount.

You should just spend it just before EN comes out. I got a couple of 850 drops just running heroic dunegons/world quests and 860s on mythic 0, 3 world bosses a week also drops 860 base. You buy gear early u run the risk of getting them replaced easily, and who the fk will min/max for mythic 0s lol u can run those blindfolded

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperi0n View Post

You should have one of the admin officers do this. Which would balance the logistical difficulty and still ensure all raiders won't run off with the gold.