asus rog swift pg278q

I got this monitor a few months ago and its great except for one thing. It randomly decides it doesn't want to turn on. It has power and is connected via displayport. I get the little ROG splash screen but then it never turns on. It requires me to unplug the power brick from the monitor and wait 5-10 mins for it to decide to be able to be turned on. Which in order to do I have to go into display settings and click on the greyed out monitor and select extend desktop to this monitor.

Anyone else with this monitor having these problems or similar? I heard that getting a new power brick fixes it but I have been unable to get ASUS to send me one as of yet. Anyone else with experience with this monitor have a fix for these issues other than that? It's extremely frustrating having a $700 monitor that only works like half the time. I would expect it to work a hell of a lot better than my $160 basic 23"asus monitors i had before.... ugh

Out of curiosity does this happen every time you turn your PC on?

It mostly happens when the PC goes to sleep and tries to come back out of it. It just loses the big monitor and I have to go through those steps to get it back. But probably 5 out of 10 times booting up the PC the monitor will also not come on.

Deleted
    Known issue with the power brick bundled with it, need to get them to replace or buy a replacements from the likes of amazon