Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    So according to you it's okay to commit crimes until you're 25? Because that's when the male brain is full developed.

Also Tennisace the thread is about no meaning no! Stop trying to derail it, asking people why they aren't talking about the thread adds nothing positive to the discussion.

OT though: Glad this is being reviewed since this article at least makes it sound like the first judge was an idiot.
    Oh look another person who can't read....

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why are you bringing this up? Why not focus on what the thread is about?
    Because I can and I will bring it up, that is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Please, the judge made the right call. That boy is 15 that can't think properly yet and has raging hormones. I'm confident al this jury stuff has learned his lesson. I've done some stupid shit when 15.
    Wow! So basically boys will be boys. Who cares if a crime was committed?

I'm glad I live in Canada where we don't tolerate such activity.

I thought the whole point about the law system was rehabilitation. Not vengeance.

I am mixed on this. First of all I have no problem with the individual being put on trial for groping (after being told no). The idea that many here are stating that it is no big deal, it just happens at that age, etc. is just wrong. I am a male, I remember my hormones going crazy, that doesn't mean I was incapable of knowing right from wrong. This boy's parents failed to really drive that point home while raising him, therefore it is now the courts duty to do so. That being said, he is a minor and since this is a first time offense so locking him away is not the best way to handle the punishment. Education (probably in the form of therapy) and some major, difficult or demeaning, community service to show consequences is probably the best. Finally I don't know what kind of sex offender registration happens in Canada, but single offense minors should not be on it and any type of record of this incident should be sealed (when he becomes an adult) and only able to be opened if he convicted of another such crime in the future.

All that being said, the idea that this doesn't fall under double jeopardy because one judge "interpreted something wrong", is mind boggling. If someone is acquitted of all charges that should be the end of it. If the judge messed up (and it absolutely seems he did) then there should be sanctions or even possible dismissal of the judge, you shouldn't get to retry someone to try to get a conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    I thought the whole point about the law system was rehabilitation. Not vengeance.
    The justice system is supposed to achieve a lot of things. Punishment gives a sense of closure to the victim as well as deterring other criminal acts. Depending on what form the punishment takes it can also play a part in the perpetrator's rehabilitation. Also, in cases of incarceration or registration as a sex-offender, the justice system tries to protect society from the criminal reoffending.

Deleted
    Wow! So basically boys will be boys. Who cares if a crime was committed?

I'm glad I live in Canada where we don't tolerate such activity.
    No - Children will be Children.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you bringing this up? Why not focus on what the thread is about?
    Are women and girls incapable of sexually assaulting people?
    Do the justice system take their victims seriously?
    Think this is exactly what this thread is about -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No - Children will be Children.

- - - Updated - - -

Are women and girls incapable of sexually assaulting people?
    Do the justice system take their victims seriously?
    Think this is exactly what this thread is about -
    Except he isn't a child. Children don't go around sexually assaulting others like he did.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Except he isn't a child. Children don't go around sexually assaulting others like he did.
    Children don't think about the weight of their actions. He did not, he thought her giggling was equivalent to saying yes.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted

15 year olds are not children?

Can we start deporting 15 year olds, is that what you are saying?

Complacency is not permission, and the first judge is an idiot.