Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question the ideal path for fire artifact leveling?

Hello fellow fire mages!

Since the release of Legion is just around the corner, and in preparation for the launch of the expansion, I was curious about the following:

Are there any theorycrafters out there that have figured out the optimal path to take whilst leveling up the artifact weapon? if so, would you please be so kind as to grace us with your magnificent wizdom?

In sims going up left and going towards PI (purple route) is the best dps increase for single target, I am going to be going down to PR first (yellow route) because it's more useful in dungeons and makes the spec play smoother early on.

Taken from AT: http://www.altered-time.com/forum/vi...3d5fc1b7de8926

Last edited by GwiGwi; 2016-07-28 at 05:32 AM.

I think it's probably worth taking 1 point in Cauterizing Blink for leveling before going south for PR. The heal is so useful for solo play. If the spreadsheet for AP gain that has been floating around is accurate we will get to both PI and PR before Mythic raids open, so we should be fine for raiding either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    In sims going up left and going towards PI (purple route) is the best dps increase for single target, I am going to be going down to PR first (yellow route) because it's more useful in dungeons and makes the spec play smoother early on.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    I think it's probably worth taking 1 point in Cauterizing Blink for leveling before going south for PR. The heal is so useful for solo play. If the spreadsheet for AP gain that has been floating around is accurate we will get to both PI and PR before Mythic raids open, so we should be fine for raiding either way.
    Because we need to level, agree with you. My thinking was to take 2 points and hope for an early fire relic that would put me to 3/3, while I head south on artifact.

Note as soon as I was headed back for 3rd point in Cauterizing Blink, would swap out the relic for another.

From my testing on the beta , we SHOULD be able to get 2 major traits (lvl 19) in the 2 weeks before raids open and DEFINETLY by the time mythics open (maybe even aftershocks if you're "dedicated" enough). It's hard to tell as AK is a little accelerated right now on the Beta, won't be as much on live.

PI has been simmed as the highest dps gain, so it would actualy be purple first on that image, but going by the assumption we'd have both within 2, max 3 weeks, i'd prolly go 3/3 cauterizing blink, then go PI since that still in the 13 point "discount" cost bracket then go into PR. Question is if we go Burning Gaze -> aftershocks after that or just get another 2 Major traits in arcane.

Keep in mind getting a lvl 19 artifact costs a total of 90k AP and arcane can get Rule of Threes and Touch of the magi at 19 (deliberately avoiding the AoE traits because... FIRE!). So 180k for both. ON THE OTHER HAND getting lvl 23 for aftershocks is 276k AP and lvl 26 for Arcane rebout is 600cuntingthousand AP

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...S-QEvoBL7AVPAE
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...FYBBXARIgFTsBA
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2016-07-29 at 07:43 AM.

Leveling as Fire sounds brutal. Ide like to level as Frost, how far behind am I going to be if I start FeloMelorn at 110?

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Leveling as Fire sounds brutal. Ide like to level as Frost, how far behind am I going to be if I start FeloMelorn at 110?
    Fire levels just fine; Arcane is our worst leveling spec by some margin. Points in Cauterizing Blink go a long way.

You'll end up with 6-10 traits by 110, depending on how you leveled. Nearly all of that is rewarded in consumables you can use in any spec. Completing the main zone storylines reward the most AP pre-110, while at max level that changes to World Quests and Suramar rewarding the most AP.

If you want to rush two golden dragons (like the two paths pictured above) you'll want to focus all your AP on one spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Fire levels just fine; Arcane is our worst leveling spec by some margin. Points in Cauterizing Blink go a long way.

You'll end up with 6-10 traits by 110, depending on how you leveled. Nearly all of that is rewarded in consumables you can use in any spec. Completing the main zone storylines reward the most AP pre-110, while at max level that changes to World Quests and Suramar rewarding the most AP.

If you want to rush two golden dragons (like the two paths pictured above) you'll want to focus all your AP on one spec.

Could I pick Ebonchill at the start, put nothing in it except the first point, level up to 110, then pick up both fire and arcane artifacts and then use my AP on felo'melorn ? Or is there some AP that you have to put on the artifact you're carrying right now?
    Last edited by Torian kel; 2016-08-02 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Could I pick Ebonchill at the start, put nothing in it except the first point, level up to 110, then pick up both fire and arcane artifacts and then use my AP on felo'melorn ? Or is there some AP that you have to put on the artifact your carrying right now?
    Yes. I haven't tried leveling Frost (with or without AP) so I can't tell you how efficient that will be to leave however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post

personally, im inclined to go the purple route first for PI and then take burning gaze and aftershocks right after as it allows me to get 2 golden traits very very fast(only need 15 lvls to reach it which is very very easy) problem is that the traits you need to get for PR are quite solid and worth the points you put in them, but i value PR quite low, so im in the situation where id have to get good traits for a golden trait that i find meh then id rather usse my point early on to get 2 decent golden traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get a Relic for Cauterizing Blink by starting off in Azsuna (you don't need to even spec into it to gain a rank with a Relic). I'd definitely go south first as the gain from it, even while leveling, is too much to pass up for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    You can get a Relic for Cauterizing Blink by starting off in Azsuna (you don't need to even spec into it to gain a rank with a Relic). I'd definitely go south first as the gain from it, even while leveling, is too much to pass up for later.
    each zone has a cauterizing blink relic. You can also go cauterizing blink first and then back around , Suramar gives way more than enough artifact power to a fresh 110 to recoup the cost, and it doesn't scale with artifact research anyway.

Green -> Yellow -> Red is what I'll be doing.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2016-08-03 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    personally, im inclined to go the purple route first for PI and then take burning gaze and aftershocks right after as it allows me to get 2 golden traits very very fast(only need 15 lvls to reach it which is very very easy) problem is that the traits you need to get for PR are quite solid and worth the points you put in them, but i value PR quite low, so im in the situation where id have to get good traits for a golden trait that i find meh then id rather usse my point early on to get 2 decent golden traits.
    Aftershocks is golden perk but it is total shit

aftershocks does 1/3rd or less of the damage of flamestrike. it's not as bad as people say it is, but phoenix reborn is much, much better, and if you don't go in the order I said you'll regret it later, trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    aftershocks does 1/3rd or less of the damage of flamestrike. it's not as bad as people say it is, but phoenix reborn is much, much better, and if you don't go in the order I said you'll regret it later, trust me.
    If aftershock does so little damage, wouldn't it be optimal to fetch Blast Furnace first (After the first two golden perks of course) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Because we need to level, agree with you. My thinking was to take 2 points and hope for an early fire relic that would put me to 3/3, while I head south on artifact.

Note as soon as I was headed back for 3rd point in Cauterizing Blink, would swap out the relic for another.
    Traits need to be base capped before forming a link, so if you're assuming you can relic to 3/3 to form a link, you can't.

Aftershocks is doing about 15-20% of a Flamestrike's damage, it is a terrible golden trait. With the nerf to Flame Patch I don't see people using FS/FP that often vs. using Living Bomb. I am honestly leaning towards putting 3/3 points into Burning Gaze, skipping Aftershocks and going Reignition Overdrive into Blast Furnace. This way I at least know those points will be increasing my dps, I don't see too many fights in EN where you would be using Flame Strike enough for Aftershocks to be worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    If aftershock does so little damage, wouldn't it be optimal to fetch Blast Furnace first (After the first two golden perks of course) ?
    It does even less - ~1-2% on single.

Deleted
    yeah, i found out just how crappy aftershocks actually is, blizz really need to be a bit more accurate in their descriptions, bcoz with the way its written it clearly states that flamestrike will summon an additional pillar of fire, so it would indicate that it would summon 2 pillars of fire, dealing the same dmg, but no, it summons a much crappier version of the original, so with that in mind, i think its optimal to go the purple route first, yellow route second.