Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't see much value in Cauterizing Blink if healers are around either. The double Ice Barrier of the other 2 specs is another story. It's probably one of the best defenses in the game in such a short cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i could definately see 2-3 points in cauterizing blink and spec cold snap be a solid option for survivability, when you get low on hp, blink away and iceblock and you essentially heal 40-50% of your hp
    Shimmer and Cauterize are both better options than Cold Snap 99% of the time in PvE. Cauterize beats the heck out of Cold Snap if you are worried about dying and Shimmer boosts your damage and helps you avoid damage in the first place. In the situations where you would take Cold Snap, the heal is irrelevant, it's the second Ice Block that matters.

And yeah, IB as Frost/Arcane is quite good. ~30-40% of your health in shielding every 25s is pretty nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    I don't see much value in Cauterizing Blink if healers are around either. The double Ice Barrier of the other 2 specs is another story. It's probably one of the best defenses in the game in such a short cooldown.
    I didnt mean using relics for Cauterizing Blink in raiding. I agree with you their. But is probably the best for pvp and soloing. For dungeon both the raiding and the pvp option are viable before dungeons become easymode farm. At least this is the case for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Dear lord I will spell it...

Get artifact

When you get arifact it basically gives you Phoenix Flames and Wings of Flame

You then put 2 fucking points into cauterizing Blink

Early questing you get a relic that when put in artifact gives you 3/3

You then put next points into Great Balls of Fire and head south, aka down the artifact

Not fucking Pyroclastic
    I understand what you're saying, but a relic would put your CB at 3/4. Just a small correction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    Shimmer and Cauterize are both better options than Cold Snap 99% of the time in PvE. Cauterize beats the heck out of Cold Snap if you are worried about dying and Shimmer boosts your damage and helps you avoid damage in the first place. In the situations where you would take Cold Snap, the heal is irrelevant, it's the second Ice Block that matters.

And yeah, IB as Frost/Arcane is quite good. ~30-40% of your health in shielding every 25s is pretty nice.
    i was looking at it from a lvling point of view, with that said, what you said is certainly correct in pve.

Cold Snap is even more useless in leveling.

Deleted
    Cold Snap is even more useless in leveling.
    that depends entirely on how you look at it and how you use it, i can see several several situations where cold snap will be better than shimmer for lvl. there are literal dozens of elites/rares that are unsoloable without it.

Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but a relic would put your CB at 3/4. Just a small correction.
    He intends to leave it at 2/3 (so 3/3 with relic), then go south, then come back and put the 3rd point in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    He intends to leave it at 2/3 (so 3/3 with relic), then go south, then come back and put the 3rd point in it.
    I know what he intends to do. My point is if you spend the AP to put 2 points into any trait, and then allow a relic to fill another point, it will read as 3/4 not 3/3.

Last edited by GwiGwi; 2016-08-08 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added image

Deleted
    that depends entirely on how you look at it and how you use it, i can see several several situations where cold snap will be better than shimmer for lvl. there are literal dozens of elites/rares that are unsoloable without it.
    but with that said, the blink legendary cold snap's benefit pretty much disappear entirely, i can certainly tell after i got it, makes all the rare/elite world quests so much easier.

Deleted
    I guess you have to weigh up what you would be doing the most, killing elites/rares or rounding up large packs of normal mobs to aoe down. Personally i find DB, 2xNovas, Shimmer and the flamestrike snare means i never really would need the cauterizing blink heal as mobs rarely touch me. When it comes to elites the same above talents minus flamestrike are enough to kite sufficiently, and if im in a pinch i'll resort to some old school Nova>First Aid which is a decent enough heal. If mobs are immune to roots etc then yeah that IB heal will be crutch on high hp/damage elites, i just don't see myself spending enough time killing them to justify not taking shimmer or wasting 3 points on my way to PR.

Going for the DB legendary first as well, that looks hilariously op for such shenanigans!!

Edit: I should add i'll probably be doing a lot of dungeons with friends while leveling which also makes CB not that important and PR more of a priority for me.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-08-12 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I guess you have to weigh up what you would be doing the most, killing elites/rares or rounding up large packs of normal mobs to aoe down. Personally i find DB, 2xNovas, Shimmer and the flamestrike snare means i never really would need the cauterizing blink heal as mobs rarely touch me. When it comes to elites the same above talents minus flamestrike are enough to kite sufficiently, and if im in a pinch i'll resort to some old school Nova>First Aid which is a decent enough heal. If mobs are immune to roots etc then yeah that IB heal will be crutch on high hp/damage elites, i just don't see myself spending enough time killing them to justify not taking shimmer or wasting 3 points on my way to PR.

Going for the DB legendary first as well, that looks hilariously op for such shenanigans!!

Edit: I should add i'll probably be doing a lot of dungeons with friends while leveling which also makes CB not that important and PR more of a priority for me.
    How do you plan on getting the DB legendary first? You can't pick which legendary you get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    How do you plan on getting the DB legendary first? You can't pick which legendary you get.
    I know, and i do plan on getting the DB leg first, just cause i'm lucky!!!

That aside just don't thing any of the other fire based berrys are worth it, so just gonna assume that thats the one im gonna get first. cause yeah..............reasons

Where can I find these dozens of elites and rares while leveling that require Cold Snap to kill?

Where can I find these dozens of elites and rares while leveling that require Cold Snap to kill?
    I wonder about that too. First of all there will be many people levelling with you, and killing those elites with you. If you are talking about world quest group mobs, you cannot kill it alone amyway unless you are tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    First of all there will be many people leveling with you, and killing those elites with you.
    And in slow-motion too if it's like last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    For highest dmg PI is best, for better flow of the spec/aoe phoenix reborn is best, it comes down to preference as you'll have both PI and PR before raids release.

I will be going Phoenix Reborn first.

Is what was posted on the first page still accurate/current information for an Artifact path for Fire?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Is what was posted on the first page still accurate/current information for an Artifact path for Fire?
    Personal preference, just happens to be my pref as well. Green -> Yellow -> Red is what I'll be doing.

Deleted
    cold snap is good for me since i can pull a lot of mobs , make them burn, ice block, and let my follower tank dots since is pretty tanky, non the less if u fail at pull too many mobs u still have some healing that will help in recover the situation