Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I didn't say you did. The point of my post is blizzard saying anytime anyone does anything naughty it was because demons/oldgods did it is lazy story telling and a way to get around inconsistent characterisation brought about by said lazy story telling.
    That said if you want to push the issue I put it to you that Maiev slowly being pushed to a more and more extreme position due to her increasing desperation and bitterness over her losses which culminates in her ironic betrayal of the night elves and position as a hardline regressive faction that resents the current leadership (being minorly justified by its oft hypocritical autocratic nature).
    Is a vastly more interesting position then living space cancer made her do the bad mmk, accept her as a quest giver/'raid tier faction' leader next expac because we needed another old name.
    I actually agree with you, that is a more interesting path to take than LOLCORRUPTION. I am simply saying that the orb excuse is right there in their laps.

The former leaves open all sorts of questions and old wounds, the biggest one IMO is the fact that Tyrande slaughtered a couple score of Maiev's Watchers and a Keeper of the Grove to free Illidan, and never had to answer for this crime in front of her people. Was never even called into question for doing it. Putting myself into the shoes of Maiev's character, this alone would make me absolutely furious for life. Add in the needless deaths of her Watchers, such as Naisha, that she brought along trying to recapture Illidan, and yes you've got one storm brewing.

Of course if you're a writer you could take the route that she was angry and upset and the orb just amplified it, too.

It's mostly Malfurion and Tyrande's bias toward Illidan that made Maiev mad. Malfurion spoke against Illidan's execution when Maiev proposed it in WotA. He also let Illidan go in WC3. It's no wonder that she went insane lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    In Legion, Jarod said that he believed Maiev was under some sort foul influence which made her commited the crimes she did in Wolfheart. Do you think Jarod was simply in denial or Maiev was really influenced by some dark force?
    Been a while since I've read the BRH questline, but I distinctly recall Maiev take responsibility for what she did (specifically, expressing shock that Jarod came to rescue her after what she'd done), and Jarod is pretty much "We have more important things to worry about"

Not saying you're wrong but is this quest text I forgot or what

while we all enjoyed imagining Blizzard was deleting all mention of Knaack, Broxigar DOES make his first appearance in the Illidan flashbacks.

And on Valeera, she does become somewhat major for rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    while we all enjoyed imagining Blizzard was deleting all mention of Knaack, Broxigar DOES make his first appearance in the Illidan flashbacks.

And on Valeera, she does become somewhat major for rogues.
    Valeera is not Knaak's character.

I think people are confusing Valeera and Vereesa

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    [spoiler] while we all enjoyed imagining Blizzard was deleting all mention of Knaack, Broxigar DOES make his first appearance in the Illidan flashbacks.
    Eh, Blizzard isn't deleting all mention of the characters themselves, but they sure have been going out of their way to disentangle themselves from the specifics of his stories quite a bit of the time.
    (BTW, Rhonin is in that flashback too, riding on the back of a red dragon that may or may not be Korialstrasz.)

Maiev should be the one dying this expansion.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    You could see her in attack on understand city
    I undercity this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why not? Because the Varian wolf theme he stole from the orcs?

Wouldn't mind those being retconned either.
    You mean the title of Ghost Wolf that was granted by Rhegar in the Horde arena?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    You mean the title of Ghost Wolf that was granted by Rhegar in the Horde arena?
    I thought the crowd gave Varian the name
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    What I prefer for better character development (both of them)? Denial. I can even accept that she felt regret and shame for her actions. Or even didn't feel any at all and just was welling to accept that part about herself. Jarod being in denial is also a healthy development of him. Of course, there is the possibility that "influence" doesn't neceesarily mean a physical manifestation that played with her head; it could mean the "influence" of her weakness and emotions which will actually make me more fond of her. I never cared of her but with a natural build up like that, I might.

What Blizzard will go with? "She was corrupted."
    they'll have to be careful there, Jarod is a 10k year old being with a lot of wisdom, and whiles that does not = infallibitliy, , margin for error is really small. For it to be plausible it would have to be linked into an already long standing pre-existing denial - like the denial the night elves had about their origins from trolls, or that arcane magic coudln't be used responsibly b night elves without becoming evil like Azshara. And you don't want many of these, in the case of their origin, you can understand the error, because they would not necessarily be self aware of that transformaton before they became virtually immortal. and in the case of magic - the veiw was formed after a catastrophic horror fof a situation, that changed their whol elives and caused them to lose everything, they went into isolation before they could find the real truth about the role of magic not being so disastrous - becasue they couldn't trust the ones advocating it at the time, Illidan Stormrage who'd just killed 2 gurads and nearly Jarod himself, making him look guilty as a legion agent - hence the name Betrayer (you know that is because he reformed the well and they felt it was to bring the Legion back - and the only reason they felt that and idnd't believe him is because they took his loss of control when he killed those soldiers as the proof of his allegiance (no sane person would do that if they were not an agent of the legion) and ofc, the other Darth'remear Sunstrider, was himself once part of the very group that had wroked with Azshara to bring htose demons that eventually resulted in this mess in the first place.

So, there is an incredible amount of context behind why the night elves would be wrong about these 2 things, and we can accept that, despite their great age, and likely wisdom, that they coudl be wrong about that for those reasons, however put too much error in or insert denial outside this context and continue adding more examples, and they just end up looking really stupid which in turn make the writers look stupid because they are the ones that describe them as highly intelligent, ancient and wise etc yet every time they show them, they show them as anything but. So Maiev going off has to have some deeprooted trauma and possibly magical manipulation associated with it. and if it's not magical manipulation, Jarod's claim that it is or might be, would be denial but it has to be denial associated with how the the night elves were in denial about arcane magic till Cataclysm when they eventually came on board again. You'd have to show that link.