Deleted

Trinkets pre raid legion

Anyone have any idea what the best trinkets before raids in legion for fury are?

The ones I have been looking to get are the Horn of Valor and the stacking flat strength buff trinket similar to the old dragonsoul trinket.

Memento of Angerboda is #1 by a longshot

#2 there can be a debate ^ what he said makes sense for #2 slots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storminorman View Post

Any idea what the different combat enhancements are?

on beta, I have a 855 ilvl one and it's 4400 haste/mastery/crit and they have no ICD but a relatively low proc chance (I have had all 3 up at once numerous times)

7+ Year Old Account

Not true, I had a heroic dungeon world quest that I got a 840 trinket with socket.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Not true, I had a heroic dungeon world quest that I got a 840 trinket with socket.
    Post needs clarification. Horn isn't #2, you mean?

7+ Year Old Account
    Post needs clarification. Horn isn't #2, you mean?
    Meaning there is no defined list as you can get better than normal/heroic dungeon trinkets from the world quests. Add into that titanforged, and the list becomes pretty convoluted.

Meaning there is no defined list as you can get better than normal/heroic dungeon trinkets from the world quests. Add into that titanforged, and the list becomes pretty convoluted.
    None of which matters. There will still be a defined BiS list, because they can all be Titanforged.

Deleted
    To further what Gorgoedus said, a BiS list is still useful. However, you require a little more information now. Consider the following scenarios

1) Trinket A (Default) > Trinket B (Default)
    2) Trinket B (Titanforged + Socket) > Trinket A (Default)
    3) Trinket A (Titanforged + Socket) > Trinket B (Titanforged + Socket)

Trinket A is better when under the same conditions as Trinket B. This means that if 2) is true, and there is a point where B is better, there must be a cut off point. We'll need to work out the comparisons for every single item at every single item level (basically instead of there being 3 levels of an item, there are now possibly up to 20).

This doesn't mean a BiS list is useless. Even if you ignore all the Titanforging schenanigans, you can still make a list of all the baseline items to give a roughly informed view.

tl;dr - Both you and Gorgodeus are partially right. BiS lists don't tell the whole story anymore, but they are not entirely useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    To further what Gorgoedus said, a BiS list is still useful. However, you require a little more information now. Consider the following scenarios

1) Trinket A (Default) > Trinket B (Default)
    2) Trinket B (Titanforged + Socket) > Trinket A (Default)
    3) Trinket A (Titanforged + Socket) > Trinket B (Titanforged + Socket)

Trinket A is better when under the same conditions as Trinket B. This means that if 2) is true, and there is a point where B is better, there must be a cut off point. We'll need to work out the comparisons for every single item at every single item level (basically instead of there being 3 levels of an item, there are now possibly up to 20).

This doesn't mean a BiS list is useless. Even if you ignore all the Titanforging schenanigans, you can still make a list of all the baseline items to give a roughly informed view.

tl;dr - Both you and Gorgodeus are partially right. BiS lists don't tell the whole story anymore, but they are not entirely useless.
    I believe I used the word convoluted. I suppose someone might make a list of all 30 (?) versions of each trinket, but I really don't see anyone doing that.

It's really not. Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's really not. Not by a long shot.
    ah but you agree it's the best?

ah but you agree it's the best?
    No, as I said, it's not best by a long shot.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a L110 setup for Fury using a mock set of gear scaled to 850 (the target point for raid entry), with all trinkets up to and including Emerald Dream (missing one raid trinket I believe).

As others pointed out, the actual ilvl and any bonuses (sockets) on the gear will determine what is practically best, and that's likely going to be weighted toward raid trinkets once mythic unlocks, unless they raise the bonus cap on other gear to match.

Things to note:
    • Horn can be better at specific fight lengths, and is especially better during short (<3m) fights, due to the relative length of its buff.
    • Most on-use trinkets can gain a little bit of power with intelligent syncing of cooldowns. For the above comparison, they're simply used on cooldown (which is better for some than others, but is the only way to make them all play nice when doing a quick mass comparison).
    • This is a "realistic" gear set, meaning it has a spread of different stats, rather than purposefully weighted towards one or another (eg: going full Haste), in an effort to replicate a player taking what drops they can get; since a regular player probably won't have immediate access to a perfect set of 850 ilvl gear. The stat weight for the above is Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility, which is pretty typical for this ilvl.
    • This is comparing individual trinkets, not combinations, for ease of viewing. In my findings so far, there are no notable combinations which upset the balance above.

Same list as Above, but for Arms rather than Fury.

Ignore the numerical difference between Arms and Fury, we use some slightly different settings while doing our default sims, so don't take these numbers as the hard truth when it comes to the balance between the two.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Thnx both you for the info for the 2 specs.