Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Addon] Bandaid - Mastery: Lightbringer radar, Light of Dawn counter

Bandaid is a World of Warcraft addon that help healers maximise the effectiveness of their AoE heals by calculating the number of players that will be affected and the efficiency of the heal. These numbers are exposed as global variables and are intended to be used with addons that support custom Lua scripts such as WeakAuras or TellMeWhen.

For paladins there is a proximity radar (20, 30 and 40 yard range), a counter for the number of players in range of Light of Dawn, and the efficiency of Light of Dawn as a value between 0.0 and 1.0. Your Beacon of Light and Faith targets are highlighted red and blue respectively.

The efficiency value is at 1.0 if all targets within Light of Dawn have a HP deficit higher than the spell's heal value. You are guaranteed to not overheal in this situation. Due to the way "smart-dumb" heals randomly pick injured targets, I cannot provide a deterministic value.

The radar will appear when you are in a party or raid. To customise the radar, go to Interface -> AddOns -> Bandaid, or type /baid options.

The following is a set of WeakAuras:

https://wago.io/VJVIMJ5ub

There are three auras in this group; you may customise and delete them as you wish.

• LoD_Count: Text aura displaying the number of targets within Light of Dawn.
    • LoD_Icon_Count: Icon aura displaying the cooldown of Light of Dawn and the number of targets within it in the bottom-right corner.
    • LoD_Progress_Bar: Vertical progress bar aura displaying the efficiency of Light of Dawn, which is a value between 0.0 and 1.0. A value of 1.0 means all targets within Light of Dawn have a HP deficit higher than its heal value.

For more information on the addon, please visit http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/bandaid/.
    Last edited by spikeh; 2016-08-02 at 09:34 PM.

Hey,

Thanks for sharing, I've tested it in LFR and it works so far !

If I have a suggestion, maybe you should just add the code to directly import them in WA/TMW, it's probably easier that way.

Deleted
    Will be trying it when i raid on sunday will let you know what i thought.

Updated, improved radar, BoL/BoF highlighting, as suggested I have included some ready-to-use WAs.

There is more detailed README on the Curseforge page.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed the weak aura text. That was quite nice to get the reminder that lod is different now

The radar itself seemed to work just fine for me. The beacon being visible is nice. But i feel my own icon should not be a circle. I kept confusing it with somebody else. Also obvious things like class colored icons would be very useful.

And then there is the size of the radar. Or i should say the distance it displays. I feel like it only displays 20 yards around you. And it doens't really help you find the further out players. I could just use the dbm/big wigs /range 20 to find a nice clump and it would take less of my screen.

I've installed addon, but I can't see red highlight for target affected with my Beacon of Light. Also green circle does not enlarges on radar when I use Rule of Law

Configuration panel! You can find it in Interface -> AddOns -> Bandaid, or type /baid options.

New and improved radar! Range up to 40 yards. Class colours are shown by default. Player texture is now a customisable arrowhead.

Light of Dawn efficiency value! Helps you decide when to use the spell.

Better default WeakAuras! Simply import the auras, delete the ones you don't want and away you go! Provides examples should you want to customise the auras yourself.

@Narsilon: The default player texture is now the minimap arrowhead. There are other options in the configuration panel to choose from. You can also change the range of the radar to 40 yards.

@Constant: It will only work when you are in a group, and it will only highlight Beacon on group members. The inner-most green circle representing 10 yds does not "enlarge" because its range increases with the maximum range in proportion.

this is a good example why the game is a joke now.

i am sure many will love the addon... too bad you make no money out of it.

Deleted
    Good job on the updates. Will have another go tomorrow for clear

Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    Bandaid is a World of Warcraft addon that help healers maximise the effectiveness of their AoE heals by calculating the number of players that will be affected and the efficiency of the heal. These numbers are exposed as global variables and are intended to be used with addons that support custom Lua scripts such as WeakAuras or TellMeWhen.

For paladins there is a proximity radar (20, 30 and 40 yard range), a counter for the number of players in range of Light of Dawn, and the efficiency of Light of Dawn as a value between 0.0 and 1.0. Your Beacon of Light and Faith targets are highlighted red and blue respectively.

The efficiency value is at 1.0 if all targets within Light of Dawn have a HP deficit higher than the spell's heal value. You are guaranteed to not overheal in this situation. Due to the way "smart-dumb" heals randomly pick injured targets, I cannot provide a deterministic value.

The radar will appear when you are in a party or raid. To customise the radar, go to Interface -> AddOns -> Bandaid, or type /baid options.

The following is a set of WeakAuras:

https://wago.io/VJVIMJ5ub

There are three auras in this group; you may customise and delete them as you wish.

• LoD_Count: Text aura displaying the number of targets within Light of Dawn.
    • LoD_Icon_Count: Icon aura displaying the cooldown of Light of Dawn and the number of targets within it in the bottom-right corner.
    • LoD_Progress_Bar: Vertical progress bar aura displaying the efficiency of Light of Dawn, which is a value between 0.0 and 1.0. A value of 1.0 means all targets within Light of Dawn have a HP deficit higher than its heal value.

For more information on the addon, please visit http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/bandaid/.

What a wonderful addon for holy paladins. Any chance you might add the frontal cone on the radar itself to help us find a good static facing position? I know the LoD weak aura helps a lot with that as well, but for less mobile fights adding the cone into the radar would be great too. Especially if we are healing in melee.

to spikeh: seems to me, your addon does not support russian client. It does not recognize any spell or ability from russian localisation

@HolyLathusDisc: I edited the circular textures from WA into a 90 degree cone and it works, including BotLB and RoL. I will be adding this as a configurable option in the next update.

@Constant: Thank you for pointing this out, I'm using English spell names in a few places. I will change these to use spell IDs instead in the next update.

Deleted
    Your WeakAura gave me tons of LUA errors. Any idea why this is happening? Addon is up to date.

Edit: Okay, I should have read your OP. Intended to be used with Bandaid.
    Edit²: Tried it out in Highmaul. After the first boss I had an immense amount of FPS drop/lost frames and I had to disable it. Also Holy Shock didn't work anymore for some reason. I got a mouseover macro for it.
    Edit³: Seems to work now, thanks for your help on discord.
    Last edited by mmoc38937f223d; 2016-08-05 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    @HolyLathusDisc: I edited the circular textures from WA into a 90 degree cone and it works, including BotLB and RoL. I will be adding this as a configurable option in the next update.

@spikeh Sweet! Will it have both the small radius circle and the cone as well? When are you looking to release the next update?

Can't wait!

Really wanted to thank you for all the work on the addon and also for solving my issues on discord.
    Great job keep it up!

I have pushed an update for the addon. Main changes are: LoD cone on the radar which adjusts with BotLB and RoL. Using localised spell names with UnitBuff instead of English spell names. Support for priests, shamans, and monks are added.

I will edit the OP with new screenshots and description soon.

Please delete the old WeakAuras, importing this new set instead: https://wago.io/N14EqQWY-

Deleted
    Great work and addon.
    But oh man do I wish these kind of addons (radar on archimonde) and apis wouldn't exist.
    Gameplay shouldn't evolve around an addon scanning your surrounding. We should use our eyes a little bit more.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2016-08-08 at 06:28 PM.

Bumping this thread because of the addon information as well as the radar. Also, @spikeh, how do you get that efficiency radar to show up, for some reason whenever I mess with bandaid I cant get that radar.

Deleted
    RIP this addon/wa. Great decision by Blizzard, use your eyes and brain a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    RIP this addon/wa. Great decision by Blizzard, use your eyes and brain a little bit more.
    por que?????